Meeting postponed

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If green had nothing to hide them this meeting would be a priority!

Show brown the paperwork and shut him up, then brown can stop telling people not to but season tickets.

So given that this meeting would be in greens interest, why cancel it? I reckon something dodgy going on.

Got to laugh at hel'll give Murray another chance. What if he tells you to fuck off bomber whatcha gonna do. Sell the story to a paper?

That bit kind of jumped out at me as well. I thought Green/Murray were doing him a courtesy

That bit kind of jumped out at me as well. I thought Green/Murray were doing him a courtesy

They are doing him a courtesy,he has no rights regarding seeing any documents at Ibrox. It's just more grandstanding imo.

If green had nothing to hide them this meeting would be a priority!

Show brown the paperwork and shut him up, then brown can stop telling people not to but season tickets.

So given that this meeting would be in greens interest, why cancel it? I reckon something dodgy going on.

Perhaps if Green and Murray didn't have more pressing matters to attend to, such as trying to salvage something from the wreckage of Rangers it would be a priority. Come on, seriously, why the fuck should Green and Murray accommodate John Brown?

FORMER Rangers player John Brown has claimed Ibrox chairman Malcolm Murray pulled out of a planned meeting over the club's assets.

Murray had been due to meet Brown and former Rangers director Donald Findlay QC after the former player demanded to see documents proving the ownership of the club, stadium and training ground, but said the talks were cancelled at the last minute.

However, the Ibrox club insisted the meeting had been delayed and would take place later in the week.

A statement released by Brown said Murray had "cancelled a meeting at which he promised to produce the paperwork which would show who owns Rangers".

It went on: "The meeting at a secret location was called off at the last minute by Murray."

Brown, who won several titles with Rangers in the 1990s, added: "Rangers supporters know they can trust Donald Findlay and he agreed to meet Malcolm Murray and look at all the paperwork and give his legal opinion.

"Donald just wants to help Rangers supporters be able to get all the facts so they can make up their own minds whether or not they should buy season tickets. He told me he just wants to act in the best interest of Rangers fans.

"He just wants those supporters to know all the facts and it looked as though Malcolm Murray was going to produce the paperwork which shows who owns the club and its crown jewels. That is all we ask and it is what would give everyone clarity.

"But he then pulled out and cancelled the meeting."

Brown, who is leading an attempted fans' buyout, added: "Now we will try and get Malcolm Murray to the table again and give him another chance to show who owns Rangers and who owns Ibrox Stadium, The Albion car park and the Auchenhowie Training Complex. But after what has happened, I am not hopeful."

A spokesman for the club said: "The chairman had a number of meetings to attend today and the meeting with John Brown has been rescheduled, not cancelled."

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/rangers/2012/07/02/rangers-in-crisis-john-brown-claims-meeting-over-ibrox-club-s-assets-was-cancelled-by-malcolm-murray-86908-23903629/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Two things don't make sense in that statement.

Firstly, Brown is lucky Murray is giving him the time of day - why should he show them the deeds. Who made Brown the person who needs to know these things.

Secondly, what fan buyout? All I have heard is that at some point in the future fans could invest in the club if Brown gets his way, but Green has talked about doing the same. It is not a fans buyout if we as fans are not funding it initially

How totally unreasonable to reschedule a business meeting when the chairman is busy...I expect a baying mob of anti-green protesters are arranging to "protest" at Ibrox over this?

"Show us the deeds and don't reschedule any meetings without giving us a bit more notice even although you've got a really busy week ahead of you"

Secondly, what fan buyout? All I have heard is that at some point in the future fans could invest in the club if Brown gets his way, but Green has talked about doing the same. It is not a fans buyout if we as fans are not funding it initially

That's the confusing thing ... what exactly is Brown's plan? Given that this statement appears to have its origins in the Brown camp, it appears that he believes he is leading a fan buyout. And that alone should be enough to have fans running a mile.

Tell him to fuck off til he appears with proof of funds

Neither going to happen, I fear. For one thing, as Brown appears to be the self-appointed leader of a "fan buyout" the financial muscle, behind him is the resources of the fans making proof of funding problematic. I'm sorry, but Brown's whole input into this reveals nothing more than muddled thinking and perhaps even a hint of mental illness.

To agree a meeting which really is of vital importance to the vast majority of fans, and then leave Donald Findlay hanging is a bit disrespectful.

What other meetings did he have today that were more important that proving to everyone that we should buy our tickets and that they have been straight with us - I would suggest none were more important.

It smacks to me of Green playing the "make them wait" game. If he has an attitude like that to DF, it seems to me that he really doesn't give a toss what any of the fans think, as DF was there on our behalf.

I wish Green luck in his sales, as no-one I know has committed any cash yet. Lets hope these more pressing meetings were worthwhile and we get the answers this week.

If Murray had the appropriate paperwork and it's all above board then why did he not meet with JB & DF?

If he does then they go away tell the fans to buy their season tickets flooding the Club with money and we can stop all this blood infighting and conctrate on everyone else that's trying to fck us over. Simples!! angry.gif

We need clarity now more than ever because soon it's gonna be to late.

Tell him to fuck off til he appears with proof of funds

Don't you care if someone is behind the mask of green ? for all you know David Murray could own Ibrox and Craig Whyte owns the Albion and Murray park. That's what we have done over the last few years buried our head in the sand and never asked a question well I will wait to see before I hand my cash over to green's mob.

Trust nobody ! quicker the fans can get our hands on the club the better.

If he does then they go away tell the fans to buy their season tickets flooding the Club with money and we can stop all this blood infighting and conctrate on everyone else that's trying to fck us over. Simples!! angry.gif

If only it were simples. You really see John Brown issuing a mae culpa? Not after all his rabble-rousing antics.

Surely getting season ticket money is a priority for Green? Why postpone a meeting that would lead to an instant inflow of cash? Something very suspicious about that IMO.

I think Bomber knows something, or at least suspects something, and thats why he has been pushing hard for this.

If DF has stepped up, he can't be too happy with what he has heard either.