Buffel's importance.

RedWhiteBlue1872

I dont understand why a lot of fans get on Buffel's back so often.

He is one of the only half decent technically gifted players we have, he is a bit lightweight but he makes up for it with good ability i know he can be hot and cold but i think overall given his chance and what we have hes better in the team.

Which leads me to another point...... IMO it looks like Le Guen is tryng to get the team playing in a more technical manner, rather than physical. But when you look at our team there isnt much flair at all.... its all more hard working players and i am all for PLG but he contradicts himself quite a lot and makes some weird choices.

suppose overall he is settling with starting elevens more often that not these days rather than chopping and changing.

Le Guen definitely isnt interested in a typical SPL style of football for us

I just hope it works for him, because a lot of technically good players have failed to make it here because of the sheer physicality and passion in the game

As for buffel, im not his biggest fan but he should definetely be playing if boyd AND Prso are out, in the past he has shown that he is capable of being a star man for the club, but I think his time may be running out

Le Guen definitely isnt interested in a typical SPL style of football for us

I just hope it works for him, because a lot of technically good players have failed to make it here because of the sheer physicality and passion in the game

As for buffel, im not his biggest fan but he should definetely be playing if boyd AND Prso are out, in the past he has shown that he is capable of being a star man for the club, but I think his time may be running out

You may be right about his time running out.

Buffel is one player who we may get a decent fee for, somewhere in the ?2m bracket, if we get offered that then we MUST take it

I dont understand why a lot of fans get on Buffel's back so often.

He is one of the only half decent technically gifted players we have, he is a bit lightweight but he makes up for it with good ability i know he can be hot and cold but i think overall given his chance and what we have hes better in the team.

Which leads me to another point...... IMO it looks like Le Guen is tryng to get the team playing in a more technical manner, rather than physical. But when you look at our team there isnt much flair at all.... its all more hard working players and i am all for PLG but he contradicts himself quite a lot and makes some weird choices.

suppose overall he is settling with starting elevens more often that not these days rather than chopping and changing.

He is far to inconsistent reminds me of a certain peter lovenkrands who on his day was a really important player to the team and then he would have 2-3 good games and then 4-5 bad games however at the start of the season i was looking forward to seein buffel this season after the motherwell game he was excellent but its all gone downhill from there maybe we should get bardsley to kick him up the arse before he goes to sunderland and maybe then get an improvement out of him :unsure::lol:

I like Buffell but he fails to deliver all to often. 1 game in 5 is not the type of player we need.

Unless he can gain some consistency over the remainder of the season then i would ship him out in the summer.

Buffel is a highly skilled player -- no doubt. But the fact he disappears in almost every game (he plays in) is baffling.

He's certainly not suited to the SPL and if we get any serious offers, well, it's time for him to go. Play him tonight and against St. Mirren and hopefully he'll do well enough to prove he has something to offer other teams.

Shame though -- loads of potential -- but that doesn't win you games.