• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three newspapers --three different stories on McGregor

Daily Record-- McGregor Signs For Besiktas

Sun----------- '' I Havnt signed for Besiktas ''

Daily Mail --- McGregor poised to sign for Besiktas

McGregor is off his mark, why bother with this mass exodus, it leaves us weak and vulnerable at the moment, but we cant afford him or the others so time to get a keeper on half the wages that will do the job for a season or two until we get back in the top flight.

I'm really disappointed in the so called press, They are instrumental in stirring up the shit with all these departures and as illustrated above you cant even trust them to get a simple story straight--three diffent stories depending on what paper you read

Right enough one of the above rags has a story about Cha do ri of the Paedos joing Man U for 7 million, If there is the slightest truth in this then what porice would McGregor have commanded.

IIt can't be over 2 seasons. If so you lie. De gea had a sensational season before last. He was Spain under 21 best player and voted keeper of the tournament. I don't believe you watched him.

Why couldn't I have formed an opinion over 2 seasons. Saying that skys tv coverage of la liga is minimal isn't it. Take off yer man utd pj,s step back and look at both keepers. If you think de gea is a better keeper I couldn't disagree more. But you are entitled to your opinion.

Oh dear.....Can't catch crosses, lacks stature, physical coward...beaten from distance on plenty of occassions.

If you are correct I assume a champions league club will sign him?

Glad someone else can see this too (tu) Well overrated.

There's a good chance that the guys thinking that he's 'really great' are youngsters though and maybe haven't seen too much of football though ?

''Can't catch crosses, lacks stature, physical coward...beaten from distance on plenty of occasions.'' ... indeed (tu) You'd be hard pressed to find a keeper who is such a big girl's blouse when it comes to bravery..... you also forgot to mention his wee childish kick-outs at opponents ... how petulant .. could have been a man down in a good few games.

Alexander is decent enough and I don't think we'd miss McGregor so much.

Idont know why we discuss these Judas bastards for they are no longer here so lets just forget these cunts ever existed.

Good point (tu)

If they desert.... stuff em, who cares... saves all or any arguments, name-calling etc.

These guys who are all leaving or have already left were all well enough paid it's not like we owe them anything else.... they leave under a cloud.

Why couldn't I have formed an opinion over 2 seasons. Saying that skys tv coverage of la liga is minimal isn't it. Take off yer man utd pj,s step back and look at both keepers. If you think de gea is a better keeper I couldn't disagree more. But you are entitled to your opinion.

I'm one of de geas biggest critics and I was last season. Im not sure the English game suits him. Its physical and a lot of high balls. For this reason I dont think McGregor could make it in the epl. The difference though is de gea is still a boy and is already getting better. McGregor wont.

I'm one of de geas biggest critics and I was last season. Im not sure the English game suits him. Its physical and a lot of high balls. For this reason I dont think McGregor could make it in the epl. The difference though is de gea is still a boy and is already getting better. McGregor wont.

I though the same as you Derek, although in the final part of the season I though De Gea came onto a game and had some great performances (You will know more than most on here my dislike for United so in admitting that is not easy!).

I think the new training routine they put him on has begun to get the best out of him, at his age he can only get better.

Same mate I thought after all these years and sticking bye him through the booze gate scandal ( even Mr Rangers didnt survive that one ) He would have a bit of loyalty but no big FU to every single Rangers fan that has paid for him to live his millionere life style.

Fuck you Alan.

Spot on - that's what really sticks in my craw as well.

You have a valid point and I appreciate an educated response. I just think mc Gregor could play for any epl side. De gea could be one of the best keepers in the world but he isn't right now.

I though the same as you Derek, although in the final part of the season I though De Gea came onto a game and had some great performances (You will know more than most on here my dislike for United so in admitting that is not easy!).I think the new training routine they put him on has begun to get the best out of him, at his age he can only get better.

You have a valid point and I appreciate an educated response. I just think mc Gregor could play for any epl side. De gea could be one of the best keepers in the world but he isn't right now.

Thing is De Gea comes from a league suited to him. The SPanish league is a league based on technical ability. High balls into the box are rare in comparison to the EPL, teams do shoot a lot more in La Liga and De Gea is an amazing shot stopper. It was obvious from this when De Gea played his first few games, he almost seemed unsure how to handle crosses. He was too thin and too wary when coming. United have clearly worked on this. You can see he has bulked up and you can see he seems a lot more confident coming for balls.

McGregor would be perfect for the Spanish league and Ive always said this. A top 10 team in La Liga would have a good keeper in him, however the pace, physicality and the high balls you see in the EPL would beat him.

Difference between the 2 when it comes to crosses is De Gea just didnt seem to know what to do but had the confidence to come out, Mcgregor is to be honest, a bit of a shitebag to come out. De Gea has and will get better with them. McGregor will never get braver.

Goram was never the best on crosses either but no one could doubt his bravery. Goram although shite at coming out, still came out and tried to get something on the ball, even if it was just to claw it out for a corner or a throw in. The amount of goals Ive seen Allan lose because the ball went in high to his 6 yard box is depressing. All you wanto from a keeper is to come and do something.