Protestant,Athiest,Muslim,Jew..........

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It undoubtably does. But is that worth the cost it's came at for centuries?

Nope.

I'm glad for any comfort it gives someone at the end, but I'll hope to remember loved ones, achievements, Lovenkrands' header, Arteta's penalty, Mendes at Tannadice, Wallace's 25 yard screamer in the 2020 Champions League final win...real things. :)

Wee story.......My dads granda was a PROPER old school protestant,stayed in Bridgeton part of the lodge (we still have his over 100 year old sash) and "hated" all things catholic and celtic....my dad was brought up by him and says he celebrated when JFK was killed and on a few occasions he was ready to knock down a wal in house to get to a neighbour pkaying rebel songs.

Anyway he was what would be a proper loyalist but the biggest twist in the mans life......not only did he love the Rangers and his heritage.....he had a love for his wife.....his wife sas an IRISH Catholic...

Turncoat

Only kidding (tu)

What you actually mean is 95% of us live de facto atheist lives, but call ourselves protestants so we can engage in petty tribalism with celtic fans who are playing the same game from a cathlic perspective.

you seem seriously mixed up, you a can only be one of these catholic/protestant or athiest, sick of these one that say aye am Rc but not a practising one does not wash, as anyone knows they have there own rules on how life should be lived?

prods on the other hand there is no rule to say we cannot be practising without attending church!

Athiest? couldn't really comment as they have no rules, but like the rest of us, when things are bad they worry hope won't say pray , when thing are good they thank God!

you seem seriously mixed up, you a can only be one of these catholic/protestant or athiest, sick of these one that say aye am Rc but not a practising one does not wash, as anyone knows they have there own rules on how life should be lived?

prods on the other hand there is no rule to say we cannot be practising without attending church!

Athiest? couldn't really comment as they have no rules, but like the rest of us, when things are bad they worry hope won't say pray , when thing are good they thank God!

Im not half as mixed up as some of your posts with your sporadic use of grammar/punctuation.When i said 95% of Rangers fans were de facto atheists, i wasn't just referring to their church attendance.Ive known hundreds of Rangers fans in my time.None went to church.None owned a bible.None could quote a single line of the bible verbatim.As far as i could see, none spent any time whatsoever contemplating or engaging with the message of their god.On the face of it, any objective observer would say that the only role protestantism played in their lives was to facilitate and unify their shared hatred of Roman Cathlics.

Im not half as mixed up as some of your posts with your sporadic use of grammar/punctuation.When i said 95% of Rangers fans were de facto atheists, i wasn't just referring to their church attendance.Ive known hundreds of Rangers fans in my time.None went to church.None owned a bible.None could quote a single line of the bible verbatim.As far as i could see, none spent any time whatsoever contemplating or engaging with the message of their god.On the face of it, any objective observer would say that the only role protestantism played in their lives was to facilitate and unify their shared hatred of Roman Cathlics.

If youre going to pull posters up for grammar or punctuation at least try getting your spelling correct

We are all Rangers fans......that should never be forgotten,we all have different backgrounds and love our club for so many different reasons and from many different generations!!!!

We should focus on ONE thing just now and that is the restoration of our club to where it should be.......looking down at the others who are chasing........

Could not agree more.

Post of the month.

Eh...where on earth are you getting the prod's don't need to practice their faith from? That is absolute pish. Ask any cos minister his or her opinion on that.

If youre going to pull posters up for grammar or punctuation at least try getting your spelling correct

The two minor spelling mistakes in my post do nothing to effect the intelligibility of my message, unlike the punctuation mistakes in hers, which was the underlying point I was making.But your quite right to pull me up on it.

The two minor spelling mistakes in my post do nothing to effect the intelligibility of my message, unlike the punctuation mistakes in hers, which was the underlying point I was making.But your quite right to pull me up on it.

Didnt say it did mate. Just an observation (tu)

Wee story.......My dads granda was a PROPER old school protestant,stayed in Bridgeton part of the lodge (we still have his over 100 year old sash) and "hated" all things catholic and celtic....my dad was brought up by him and says he celebrated when JFK was killed and on a few occasions he was ready to knock down a wal in house to get to a neighbour pkaying rebel songs.

Anyway he was what would be a proper loyalist but the biggest twist in the mans life......not only did he love the Rangers and his heritage.....he had a love for his wife.....his wife sas an IRISH Catholic...

Get a clue mate. John Knox was a PROPER old school protestant. Your great grandad was an aggressive bigot.

Also to topic - Atheism is not a religion and why exclude catholic? Protestantism, Islam and Judaism are no less bullshit than Catholicism.

Eh...where on earth are you getting the prod's don't need to practice their faith from? That is absolute pish. Ask any cos minister his or her opinion on that.

This.

Just an idea people who aren't but pretend to be 'prod' spout.

If that was true,what's point of a church??

Now you talking pure pish, did none of them every attend a wedding. christening or funeral?

No one said quoting from the bible

The last bit says it all have you never heard of jonh knox

Hope you can understand this even with spelling and punctuation mistakes einstien

Now you talking pure pish, did none of them every attend a wedding. christening or funeral?

No one said quoting from the bible

The last bit says it all have you never heard of jonh knox

Hope you can understand this even with spelling and punctuation mistakes einstien

Going to a wedding or funeral hardly counts as commitment to a faith.

Bubblybear is getting a hard time here with certain posters trying to belittle her points.

Read all her posts. She may not be a literary genuis and shes not been on here that long but she is 100% Rangers.

All the crap that we are going through at the moment might be something to do with bringing out the more extreme bigots.

It's a bit of kicking out when we are hurt.

Thankfully for most decent fans it's banter only - the genuine die-hard bigots and racists can GTF.