SFA to work with SFL to accommodate Gers in Third Divison

scottyc06

I take it that this simply means that fixtures will be rearranged so that us and sceptic aren't playing at home on the same day ---- do you honestly think that w'll be given any favours ?

Hopefully that's it but i won't be surprised if it relates to something else.

I'm not sure how this would work in practice when you take "sporting integrity" and "sporting fairness" into account. Why wouldn't the top two clubs in Division 1 be invited ahead of a Club in Division 3 (possibly promoted to Division 2)?

The only way I could see them doing this is if there is a financial meltdown in terms of Clubs over the next twelve months and it is sold as a package to "save Scottish football".

I expect every SPL club will have alerted agents throughout the UK of the price of each of their playing squad and hope to sell off as many as possible to cover themselves for the year ahead.

It depends how many survive in the SPL. The 3rd Div could have aboot 30 teams next season.

Honestly dont see the SPhelL even finishing this season. And while some of the clubs being liquidated will reform as newco's some will go the way of Third Lanark and just disappear, (I hope Dundee Hibs, Hearts, St. Johnstone and St. Mirren are those obliterated). I see the whole structure of Scottish Football changing next year with the SFL being in charge again. The SPhelL is a sham, the SFA is a joke with the SFL being the only group in the past 2 weeks to show any integrity at all. Expect re-allignment with criteria being fan base, stadia, financial strength etc. I also would expect the sham UEFA fair play being brought in, ie clubs cannot spend more than they earn.

It depends how many survive in the SPL. The 3rd Div could have aboot 30 teams next season.

It's an interesting thing, I suspect an amnesty on punishments will be called due to "exceptional circumstances" or other such excuse.

I'm not convinced other clubs will see their holding companies liquidated but I do suspect Killie and Motherwell at least will enter administration. Motherwell limped on in admin for quite a while last time I believe. Two years rings a bell.

I'm not sure how this would work in practice when you take "sporting integrity" and "sporting fairness" into account. Why wouldn't the top two clubs in Division 1 be invited ahead of a Club in Division 3 (possibly promoted to Division 2)?

The only way I could see them doing this is if there is a financial meltdown in terms of Clubs over the next twelve months and it is sold as a package to "save Scottish football".

I expect every SPL club will have alerted agents throughout the UK of the price of each of their playing squad and hope to sell off as many as possible to cover themselves for the year ahead.

An easy solution would be for The Rangers to play in Div 3, get promoted and then two, new SPL leagues of 16 teams are formed which would include all from the current SPL and the SFL Div 1 & 2.

32 clubs - and a magically appropriate 32 teams in said new leagues.

Not perfect, but slashes 33% off the time until we are back in the top league.

An easy solution would be for The Rangers to play in Div 3, get promoted and then two, new SPL leagues of 16 teams are formed which would include all from the current SPL and the SFL Div 1 & 2.

32 clubs - and a magically appropriate 32 teams in said new leagues.

Not perfect, but slashes 33% off the time until we are back in the top league.

That looks most realistic for a quicker solution.

The issue they have is the TV companies want four Rangers versus scum games when we eventually hit the top flight. Another issue is the games would reduce from 38 to 30. Not sure the clubs could handle this lack of revenue.

That looks most realistic for a quicker solution.

The issue they have is the TV companies want four Rangers versus scum games when we eventually hit the top flight. Another issue is the games would reduce from 38 to 30. Not sure the clubs could handle this lack of revenue.

A bit of creativity with splits as we currently have should solve the 4 x matches issue with ease.

Add in relegation/promotion play offs of the bottom two and the SPL 2 top two and we might actually improve the interest in the league over all.