SFA to work with SFL to accommodate Gers in Third Divison

scottyc06

David Conn@david_conn SPL just announced; Dundee to take Rangers' place, and SPL will "work with" SFA and SFL to facilitate Rangers in Div 3. So no breakaway SPL2

Posted this in another thread.

Something has obviously been agreed at the meeting to minimize the financial impact to the spl otherwise i don't see why this outcome would have happened.

Whatever happens i doubt it will be of any benefit to us, i expect some more 'sporting integrity' (stop laughing) chat soon :rolleyes:

David Conn@david_conn SPL just announced; Dundee to take Rangers' place, and SPL will "work with" SFA and SFL to facilitate Rangers in Div 3. So no breakaway SPL2

Posted this in another thread.

Something has obviously been agreed at the meeting to minimize the financial impact to the spl otherwise i don't see why this outcome would have happened.

Whatever happens i doubt it will be of any benefit to us, i expect some more 'sporting integrity' (stop laughing) chat soon :rolleyes:

Yeah it will be interesting to find out the full story!

I await with anticipation the raft of statements likely to follow this decision...

picture them all leaving camera's shoved in thier faces, wonder who will have the last laugh?

Does anyone know if this meeting is finished, or have they still to deliver the "sucker punch"?

SPL of 14 for season 2013-2014 and Rangers will be invited in?

Still don't think the SFA/SPL will allow Rangers to be absent more than a year.

yes I think your right with some type of reconstruction and the criteria for all seaters will automatically exempt most clubs which wil open up our space.

You know what but I will be there regardless.

No Surrender.

picture them all leaving camera's shoved in thier faces, wonder who will have the last laugh?

Does anyone know if this meeting is finished, or have they still to deliver the "sucker punch"?

maybe further info on reconstruction as a sucker punch but not much else

So I am a bit confused, does the SFL's refusal to put Rangers in SFL1 mean that the promised league reforms of play-offs, extra cash for SFL, merge SPL/SFL, etc are now off?

looks that way now......................sleep1.gif

So I am a bit confused, does the SFL's refusal to put Rangers in SFL1 mean that the promised league reforms of play-offs, extra cash for SFL, merge SPL/SFL, etc are now off?

I would imagine this would be back in the pipeline very soon! Anything to get Rangers back in the top division sooner than we should be!

David Conn@david_conn SPL just announced; Dundee to take Rangers' place, and SPL will "work with" SFA and SFL to facilitate Rangers in Div 3. So no breakaway SPL

I take it that this simply means that fixtures will be rearranged so that us and sceptic aren't playing at home on the same day ---- do you honestly think that w'll be given any favours ?

So when do Rangers get to find out if they've been accepted in the SFA?

First game is in 12 days time and still unsure of which players are staying and can't sign any new players until the club have SFA licence.

And has Rhegan not resigned yet?

onwards and upwards and I hope the bears are true to their words once the novelty wears off as this is going to be a long haul.

Total agreement m8, I'm in, let us hope as you say those that have advocated Div 3 follow it through

SPL of 14 for season 2013-2014 and Rangers will be invited in?

Still don't think the SFA/SPL will allow Rangers to be absent more than a year.

yes I think your right with some type of reconstruction and the criteria for all seaters will automatically exempt most clubs which wil open up our space.

You know what but I will be there regardless.

No Surrender.

I'm not sure how this would work in practice when you take "sporting integrity" and "sporting fairness" into account. Why wouldn't the top two clubs in Division 1 be invited ahead of a Club in Division 3 (possibly promoted to Division 2)?

The only way I could see them doing this is if there is a financial meltdown in terms of Clubs over the next twelve months and it is sold as a package to "save Scottish football".

I expect every SPL club will have alerted agents throughout the UK of the price of each of their playing squad and hope to sell off as many as possible to cover themselves for the year ahead.

I'm not sure how this would work in practice when you take "sporting integrity" and "sporting fairness" into account. Why wouldn't the top two clubs in Division 1 be invited ahead of a Club in Division 3 (possibly promoted to Division 2)?

The only way I could see them doing this is if there is a financial meltdown in terms of Clubs over the next twelve months and it is sold as a package to "save Scottish football".

I expect every SPL club will have alerted agents throughout the UK of the price of each of their playing squad and hope to sell off as many as possible to cover themselves for the year ahead.

When Fiorentina were dropped to the bottom Serie C2, they were "invited" to a higher league later to fasttrack things.