Cycling Thread

Me. :)

Do you think Wiggins is going to hustle Froome? Seen a lot of chat about him being short of fitness, and that he is using the Giro to get himself straight for TdF, but also trying to overcook the pretender. Should be fun.

I think he might be intending to, but do you really think he has what it takes to do the double? Even if he wins the Giro, and it seems like he has a damn good chance, and decides he's going to play Hinault to Froome's Lemond, I don't know how far he's going to be able to push Froome with legs tired from the Giro.

I think it's actually right, in spite of all the faux political bullshit in the press, that the strongest rider should be the leader, and that a defending champion should be trying to win if he can, but Wiggins is going to look a bit of a knob if he tries to attack Froome throughout the first week of the tour and gets absolutely slaughtered :P

On the other hand, Froome shouldn't really want to win the Tour without having had to contend with the best around.

I think he might be intending to, but do you really think he has what it takes to do the double? Even if he wins the Giro, and it seems like he has a damn good chance, and decides he's going to play Hinault to Froome's Lemond, I don't know how far he's going to be able to push Froome with legs tired from the Giro.

I think it's actually right, in spite of all the faux political bullshit in the press, that the strongest rider should be the leader, and that a defending champion should be trying to win if he can, but Wiggins is going to look a bit of a knob if he tries to attack Froome throughout the first week of the tour and gets absolutely slaughtered :P

On the other hand, Froome shouldn't really want to win the Tour without having had to contend with the best around.

I think Wiggins has shown that he is capable of anything if he sets his mind to it. He's playing a cute game with Froome, but ultimately it will be settled on the roads.

Brailsford has stirred it a bit by saying that he will relish making the difficult choice of who will be team leader. :D

I think Wiggins has shown that he is capable of anything if he sets his mind to it. He's playing a cute game with Froome, but ultimately it will be settled on the roads.

Brailsford has stirred it a bit by saying that he will relish making the difficult choice of who will be team leader. :D

Should make for an interesting tour, which is all that really matters. Can't Brailsford just assign a few men to each of them, and let them battle it out? :P Let it be sorted out in the TTs and mountains.

Should make for an interesting tour, which is all that really matters. Can't Brailsford just assign a few men to each of them, and let them battle it out? :P Let it be sorted out in the TTs and mountains.

:D The mountains should suit Froome more - but only if he can handle the pressure. Can't wait.

Giro preview: http://www.bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer/episode/b01sdxxz/5_live_Sport_5_live_Cycling_Giro_DItalia_Preview

Quintana has had a good year so far,Looked good in some of the earlier events,Shame about Basso, I think its between the shark and wiggo,I like both so hopefully a one two, The tdf is a different kettle of fish, no way wiggo can lead both,its just to hard, the last guy to do the double was a drugged up pirate! Hopefully wiggo gets the leaders spot though, their is just someting I dont like about froome! Schleck contadope froome rodriguez all in the mountains for days and days is going to be immense!

Quintana has had a good year so far,Looked good in some of the earlier events,Shame about Basso, I think its between the shark and wiggo,I like both so hopefully a one two, The tdf is a different kettle of fish, no way wiggo can lead both,its just to hard, the last guy to do the double was a drugged up pirate! Hopefully wiggo gets the leaders spot though, their is just someting I dont like about froome! Schleck contadope froome rodriguez all in the mountains for days and days is going to be immense!

Still can't see past Contador for tdf.

Froome is like a lead guitarist trying to be the main man. Dick!

Incidentally, it's interesting how there's been a resurgence in the success of little Colombian climbers like Quintana. All the snarkiness and innuendo about doping is valid (and amusing) up to a point but the fact that those born, raised and training at altitude are now making their mark again suggests that the peloton really is cleaner, if not clean, now.

Incidentally, it's interesting how there's been a resurgence in the success of little Colombian climbers like Quintana. All the snarkiness and innuendo about doping is valid (and amusing) up to a point but the fact that those born, raised and training at altitude are now making their mark again suggests that the peloton really is cleaner, if not clean, now.

Good point. (tu)

The columbia team is racing in the giro,they have a few good south americans on their team,Ive always though uran could be a team lleader and him and henao will be major player for brad over the coming weeks.As youve said contador on top form is the best,rodriguez had a good year last year so may challenge(if like schlek his tt improves)Tanansky may be their or their abouts

Can't see Cavendish putting up with such a shambolic team for long.

He doesn't really have any choice. There are no other teams who have the money to afford him and/or the will to set up their team to accommodate him. He's missing Bernie Eisel.

Must be crazy to be an Italian neo-pro and take the maglia rosa in your second ever Giro stage.

Also takes some of the attention off Wiggins, which I'm sure he'll appreciate.

He looked absolutely stunned on the podium. :D

Can't see any of the major teams getting too involved today. The likes of Lampre, Movistar or Katusha may see it as an opportunity to send riders out on the climbs in the hope that they won't be chased down.

There in Limoncello country. Love the stuff.