Cycling Thread

Is Uran going for the stage win/overall lead on his own, or is he trying to kill Astana and make them vulnerable to an attack by Wiggins?

I still don't think that Wiggins has the legs for this Giro.

He's not a climber.

Will be lucky to get into top 10 this year in TDF.

Did anyone watch last nights stage in the tour of California? FUCKING HELL! Riders collapsing after the finish line

He's not a climber.

Will be lucky to get into top 10 this year in TDF.

Did anyone watch last nights stage in the tour of California? FUCKING HELL! Riders collapsing after the finish line

The commentators were saying that it was the first time the average speed was lower than the temperature.

Brutal.

Would be pretty funny if Sky gave the leadership to the Mulleted One now.

Well unless Nibali and Evans crash out, Wiggins ain't winning this. I just hope that I was right about him only being there to get himself towards peak fitness for TdF and a battle royal with Froome.

Well unless Nibali and Evans crash out, Wiggins ain't winning this. I just hope that I was right about him only being there to get himself towards peak fitness for TdF and a battle royal with Froome.

He claims he's in better shape than during the tour last year, which is plainly nonsense, but if he genuinely believes it, that doesn't bode well. And this year's tour is going to be much tougher for a rider of his climbing abilities, or lack thereof.

One thing is for sure, if his form doesn't improve rapidly, stage 19 of the Giro is going to be an utter humiliation.

He claims he's in better shape than during the tour last year, which is plainly nonsense, but if he genuinely believes it, that doesn't bode well. And this year's tour is going to be much tougher for a rider of his climbing abilities, or lack thereof.

One thing is for sure, if his form doesn't improve rapidly, stage 19 of the Giro is going to be an utter humiliation.

If it's not a bluff, he's fucked. As you say, this year's tour is a killer, mountain-wise.

Did you see Nibali near the finish just after having chain trouble? He looks unbeatable.

If it's not a bluff, he's fucked. As you say, this year's tour is a killer, mountain-wise.

Did you see Nibali near the finish just after having chain trouble? He looks unbeatable.

I was working, so missed it :(

I read something the other day about how, in a nation still mourning Marco Pantani, Nibali is able to walk down a busy street in Milan or Turin and go unrecognised. Eight Italian riders have won the Giro since Pantani, but none can take his place in the hearts of the tifosi. They really are incurably romantic.

I read something the other day about how, in a nation still mourning Marco Pantani, Nibali is able to walk down a busy street in Milan or Turin and go unrecognised. Eight Italian riders have won the Giro since Pantani, but none can take his place in the hearts of the tifosi. They really are incurably romantic.

He's also a dirty Southerner. :D

The climbs will surely be too much for Wiggins at tdf - Froome carried him up a few times last year.

All Brad can do is fuck up Froome's chances? That's before we even consider Contador.

Wiggins vs an on-form Contador on Mont Ventoux and Alpe d'Huez would be interesting :P