Favourite football myths

She loves that 'type' of guy...never heard that story

Probably bollocks, but you never know I suppose. That's why I love these stories. :lol:

Dyer was in his second season and still a hero to the Geordies back then, he was already renowned for burning cash in Newcastle nightclubs to impress his pals. This was a couple of years before popstars so Cheryl would have been just another fame-hungry 18yo.

John Terry's brother shagging a team mates missus and then the team mate killing himslef.

Naco Novo moving in with a raith team mate and then stealing his missus

Lee Hughes Killing a guy while drunk in his car

Oh myths ooops :anguish:

I worked with novos mrs dad when that happened, remember him walking in the canteen and there was loads of cut outs from the papers on the wall

How did that myth gain any momentum? :lol: He was born in 1960.

I had never heard it until recently but it supposedly did the rounds as a pub quiz question for years.

I've heard that the pregnant mother of John Lukic was on board the aircraft during the Munich air crash in 1958. Is it true? asks Wayne Spratt.

No it’s not. Despite being one of the biggest urban myths in football, even a cursory glance at the facts shows this story isn’t true. The Munich air crash took place on 8th Feb 1958, while John Lukic was born nearly three years later on 11th Dec 1960.

However there was a passenger on board called Lukic, who had a young baby with her (they were both rescued by Harry Gregg) which is probably where the story came from.