Favourite football myths

I've heard some belters over the years, my favourites are...

Seth Johnson's wages/the fish tanks at Leeds

Milan accidentally buying Luther Blissett instead of John Barnes (and a similar story from my own team which I am convinced is true)

Keith Curle getting sacked from Mansfield Town for shagging one of the youth team players

Ryan Giggs agent calling Graham Taylor about a possible England call-up

well unless Ryan thinks he can displace Andy Sinton or Tony Daley any time soon, then tell him to go for Wales

:lol:

Robin Friday taking a shit in Mark Lawrensons kitbag

Will Young having shagged half the Premier League

The Cantona/Lesley Ash/Lee Chapman story

Tony Yeboah shagging his national managers missus

Roy Keane and his dog

So many greats, what's your favourite?

John Terry's brother shagging a team mates missus and then the team mate killing himslef.

Naco Novo moving in with a raith team mate and then stealing his missus

Lee Hughes Killing a guy while drunk in his car

Oh myths ooops :anguish:

Whit!!

The story of Johnson's contract negotiations with Leeds have passed into legend, a chilling damnation of Ridsdale's spendthrift regime. It goes as follows: Johnson had been earning £5,000 a week at Derby and his agent told him he wouldn't settle for less than £13,000 a week at Leeds. Ridsdale's opening gambit, however, surprised them both. "Right, I'm sorry, I can only offer you £30,000 a week," he said. Around the table jaws dropped in genuine shock. "Oh, all right then," said Ridsdale, filling the silence, "£37,000."

Fish tanks - Supposedly during Ridsdale's insane spending spree he decide Leeds United's boardroom needing sprucing up. He did this by getting large tropical fish tanks installed. Rather than buy them outright, they were hire-purchased at a cool £10k per month. Or so the legend goes.

The Cantona-Ash-Chapman love triangle

When Eric Cantona was sold to Manchester United for just £1.2m in 1992, Leeds United fans were incredulous. Cantona had arrived in February of the same year and helped inspire Leeds to become the final champions of the old First Division. Why would manager Howard Wilkinson let him go? Then came the story that Cantona's departure was prompted by events off the pitch. Leslie Ash, wife of Leeds striker Lee Chapman, explains: 'A horrible rumour arose that I was having an affair with Eric, that I was the reason he left. Of course I didn't have an affair with him. The same happened to two other players' wives, but because I was on TV it stuck with me.'

Brighton 4-0 Cardiff (Second Division, October 29, 1977)

This was the beginning of the end for Friday as his descent gathered pace. Never far from trouble, he was sent off after 55 minutes of this 4-0 thrashing at the Goldstone Ground for kicking Mark Lawrenson in the face. For good measure, he then entered the home team's dressing room and defecated in Lawro's kit bag. He never played another game of professional football.

Robin Friday :praise:

Exactly what I was thinking , hmmm mm.

That's two of you showing tarrier-levels of paranoia now.

:shifty::lol:

I wasn't going to bother dignifying that with an answer but here goes...

I follow Carlisle who according to legend accidentally signed the wrong Scottish player back in the 70s. I think this was the guy we signed http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_Wilson_(footballer).

did newcaslte not sign carl cort instead of jason euell for about 8 mil :lol:

I hope that is true. :lol:

You have also reminded me another one that does the rounds in Newcastle. They say this crash http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2602475.stm happened because Dyer was getting sucked off by Cheryl Tweedy at the time.