Are we finally past it now....

54rfc

Would never ever be my first choice to have an ex-celt in our team but as the mrs has pointed out in that sobering way that only she can, Beattie is prepared to do what a lot of so-called Rangers men aren't, he'll turn out for us in div3 rather than think he's too good to do just that.So, he has my respect, if not my love, for that alone.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No he should never be in the shirt to score the goals, amazing how much we are a shell of the club we once were.

Should Miller never have been in the shirt to score for us?

it's nothing to do with our club, it's just the way the sport is now. The only exception i can think of is Athletic Bilbao. They have a signing policy only to sign players who can, at least, link back to basque relatives via a family tree, to keep the clubs tradtion of an all-basque team.

i guess in theory we could employ a similar policy an apply it to scottish presbyterians and it would keep alot of fans happy. But then on footballing terms we're restricting or self-imposing a polciy on ourselves which would hamper our progress as a footballing side. I wonder how many would be happy with that if it meants being a mid-table SPL side who wins 1 piece of silverware every decade.

Are we finally past "don't want him, he used to play for c****c"

There has been very little objection about Beattie training for us, possibly looking to sign for us, when this was KM a few years ago it was a massive deal (I know things were different due to him playing for us originally)

Have we accepted that its now ok for us to have an ex tic player or are we just happy that it looks like an SPL standard player wants to join us in div3?

Thought?

Might have something to do with Beattie being a bluenose, never kissing the Celtic badge, beating his chest whilst wearing the child groomers kit and the constant rumours of loyalists tattoos(which is on his leg btw ;))

I couldn't care less what club any of our players have previously played for as long as they give 100% to Rangers.

This. Any player that is willing to put club before the league we are in gets full support from me, no matter who he previously played for. I can't actually believe we are even discussing this. Surely we have got beyond that now.

I think many people dont get the point. If hes good enough for ally hes good enough for me. Same as miller he was good enough for walter good enough for.me. i think it would he completely diffrent if it was a manager like le guen or advocaat some1 who isnt a ger but im willing 2 accept it if some1 i trust with best intrests of gers at heart is doing it. Plus beattie and miller had some sort of.knowledge of what it was like to play for the most successfull team in the world . But i would never accept a lennon or boruc type who bash our club at every attempt WATP

Clearly there are few on here trying to ignore the distinction between not wanting Catholics to play for us and, not wanting ex Celtic players. Whilst I don't agree with either sentiment, mainly because the pioneers didn't seem to have an issue with it - so why should I, I do think there is a clear difference between the two. Those seeking to paint fellow fans as sectarian by ignoring this difference are embarrassing themselves. Besides, my fathers--father fought the Nazis all over Europe so people in this country were free to hold whatever opinion or feeling they like. Its sad that a club who honors that sacrifice has within its support those who would give up the rights bought with it.

Its the Celtic minded players I don't want anywhere near my club.

To me the phrase "Celtic minded" means anti-protestant/British.....well, anything that isn't Irish Catholic (or pretends to be). These are the type of human beings I don't want anywhere near Rangers.

Beatie was hounded by their most loyal, and rabid, supporters for not being one of them but, moreover, for being (in their view) one of us.

Clearly there are few on here trying to ignore the distinction between not wanting Catholics to play for us and, not wanting ex Celtic players. Whilst I don't agree with either sentiment, mainly because the pioneers didn't seem to have an issue with it - so why should I, I do think there is a clear difference between the two. Those seeking to paint fellow fans as sectarian by ignoring this difference are embarrassing themselves. Besides, my fathers--father fought the Nazis all over Europe so people in this country were free to hold whatever opinion or feeling they like. Its sad that a club who honors that sacrifice has within its support those who would give up the rights bought with it.

To me the phrase "Celtic minded" means anti-protestant/British.....well, anything that isn't Irish Catholic (or pretends to be). These are the type of human beings I don't want anywhere near Rangers.

Beatie was hounded by their most loyal, and rabid, supporters for not being one of them but, moreover, for being (in their view) one of us.

Would rep if wasnt on my mobile

No, none of us like to see one of them coming to Ibrox, but some of us accept it more than others, that's life. As for Beattie, if we were still playing top flight Football he would be no where near Ibrox. We are where we are.

he hasn't signed yet - he just not very good anyway but may do for 3rd div

Quality post mate, only thing is I do try to make the distinction that they are in fact Irish Roman Catholics, after all it's the Roman Church that is the real source of all evil.

Well said

Never happy with ex taigs signing for us.

Just right now we have more things to worry about, we have been put in the third division and we don't even have a license. We badly need players and at this moment in time I could take a an ex taig fringe player playing for us in the third division.

I remember him kissing the badge after scoring against us...

His family are all Rangers minded but kissing the badge after scoring against us is unforgivable...

Chase him...

When did he score against us? Certainly not at senior level.

I remember him kissing the badge after scoring against us...

His family are all Rangers minded but kissing the badge after scoring against us is unforgivable...

Chase him...

Beatties never scored against us.

so your saying we're beggars and we can't be choosers?

personally, i dont really mind so much. Kenny Miller kinda changed my opinion on that, i felt dirty when he came back after playing for them, but loko at the passion he showed when we fucking hammered them 3-1 at parkhead 2 seasons ago, he ran ran riot. Both teams going into the game with 11 wins out of 11 so far in the season.

he fact is, guys like Beattie and Miller aren't really fns of any club like you or I, the McCoists of the world are incredibly rare (makign them all the more valubale). Guys like Miller & Beattie are just mercenaries, although still professional enough to give their all to the club paying there wages and to the fans who turn out and support them.

This (tu)