So, why are the SPL involved?

Gaz92

Just a straightforward question I simply can't get my head around. Why is it that the organisation that voted us out of their league are still pulling the strings and holding us back from starting in a new division? It simply doesn't make sense, did the SFL have a say when it came to our SPL status? I don't think so.

Just a straightforward question I simply can't get my head around. Why is it that the organisation that voted us out of their league are still pulling the strings and holding us back from starting in a new division? It simply doesn't make sense, did the SFL have a say when it came to our SPL status? I don't think so.

For some reason I get lots of negative rep for answering this question, but I will anyway.

The SPL voted against transferring Oldco's share to Newco, which means that Oldco is still an SPL member. Look at the official SPL league table, it still says "Club 12", not Dundee.

The SPL needs to release Oldco's share to the SFL, so that they can transfer it to Newco. That is what they don't want to do without attaching conditions.

To other readers, if you disagree with what I say, please reply and say why you disagree.

Oldco's share would surely pass to Dundee and not the SFL.

I would think it would be a simple matter for the SFA to issue a temporary licence in the meantime and the rest can be sorted out in due course.

That's what a responsible unbiased body would do.

So I guess that won't happen.

The flaw in this situation is that if the SPL won't release the oldco share without conditions attached and we won't accept those conditions then the oldco share cannot be allocated to Dundee.

So it will be a catch 22 for the SPL, either hang fire and potentially see their season only having 11 teams, but means we would have no football for at least a year, or let sleeping dogs lie and let everyone get back to playing football.

But remember it has been stated it could take between 3-5 years before the plc is actually liquidated, and D&P could hold onto their share for the full duration could they not?

it boils down to money and the fact that the corrupt Fenian bastards in blazers are doing everything in their power to kill us

Talking of which - Rhegan will almost certainly lose his job over this fiasco, I wonder how long it will be before he is appointed into some official role at Celtic (rather than his unofficial role at present).

One solution is for all Rangers fans to cancel their sky subscriptions and tell Sky exactly why they are doing so. I would guess that this constitutes a significant proportion of Sky's Sports subscribers in Scotland (and a few elsewhere in the UK). Would be interesting to see figures on how much revenue this would cost Sky. It would also have an impact on Sky's advertisers as well as those paying for advertising on stadium boards because less viewers means advertising space has less value.

One solution is for all Rangers fans to cancel their sky subscriptions and tell Sky exactly why they are doing so. I would guess that this constitutes a significant proportion of Sky's Sports subscribers in Scotland (and a few elsewhere in the UK). Would be interesting to see figures on how much revenue this would cost Sky. It would also have an impact on Sky's advertisers as well as those paying for advertising on stadium boards because less viewers means advertising space has less value.

Rangers fans have being doing this since the 14th of Feb, maybe part of the reason SKY are playing hard ball now

The flaw in this situation is that if the SPL won't release the oldco share without conditions attached and we won't accept those conditions then the oldco share cannot be allocated to Dundee.

So it will be a catch 22 for the SPL, either hang fire and potentially see their season only having 11 teams, but means we would have no football for at least a year, or let sleeping dogs lie and let everyone get back to playing football.

But remember it has been stated it could take between 3-5 years before the plc is actually liquidated, and D&P could hold onto their share for the full duration could they not?

As far as I am aware the SPL have the means to take the SPL share from Rangers regardless of whether they agree.

THis process is not straight forward and takes some time.

If they could not do this, what would stop any relegated team from refusing to release the share?