campaign to not buy bbc license

Here is a question if i have an iphone and are say homeless or living in a caravan or tent should u still have to pay

If your homeless and kicking about with an IPhone then I suggest you punt it for for some dough to live off!

On a serious note, I believe its only for actual TV's rather than mobile devices.

If your homeless and kicking about with an IPhone then I suggest you punt it for for some dough to live off!

On a serious note, I believe its only for actual TV's rather than mobile devices.

Is it not for anything that can receive a tv signal, due to pc's, laptops etc now being capable of receiving tv signals?

Anyway, of the op is truly serious about boycotting his tv license, he should create one of the Gov online petitions, stating that if an individual does not want to watch any bbc channels they should be exempt from paying the tv license. In this modern times of digital tv signals it would be easy to block bbc from being received.

Get the required 100,000 signatures and it would then have to be discussed in parliament.

A heard it includes laptops and mobiles

No. A lot of students use laptops rather than a TV to avoid having to by a licence. There was talk of making I-Player subscription based to non-licence holders because of this.

I am not on any wind up. This is how you grab the attention of the london bosses. Are you happy to pay richard gordon, cosgrove, cowan and all these bitter reporters who are given budgets to do exposes on our club that are supposed to be in the public interest your money. Direct action is better than hiding behimd a keyboard saying things to people that you'd never have the guts to say to their face.....grow a pair will ye all!

I am not on any wind up. This is how you grab the attention of the london bosses. Are you happy to pay richard gordon, cosgrove, cowan and all these bitter reporters who are given budgets to do exposes on our club that are supposed to be in the public interest your money. Direct action is better than hiding behimd a keyboard saying things to people that you'd never have the guts to say to their face.....grow a pair will ye all!

Naw

A boycott would be totally ineffectual way to garner support for the point(s) you are trying to highlight. As suggested above, an online petition would be more effective way to illustrate the amount of feeling(s) against said individuals.

A boycott would be totally ineffectual way to garner support for the point(s) you are trying to highlight. As suggested above, an online petition would be more effective way to illustrate the amount of feeling(s) against said individuals.

Ok mate thanks for the reply

Is it not for anything that can receive a tv signal, due to pc's, laptops etc now being capable of receiving tv signals?

Anyway, of the op is truly serious about boycotting his tv license, he should create one of the Gov online petitions, stating that if an individual does not want to watch any bbc channels they should be exempt from paying the tv license. In this modern times of digital tv signals it would be easy to block bbc from being received.

Get the required 100,000 signatures and it would then have to be discussed in parliament.

This is correct, it doesn't matter if it's a tv, pc or mobile phone, if you receive bbc you are required to have a license. On the bbc alba thread on here someone has put a link to bbc online and when you click on it it reminds you to view bbc online you must have a license (tu)