To Those Slating Players And Management

Seriously what the fuck is wrong with some people!!!!

I mean today wasnt great but we did win and we have had as good as no pre season, also until a couple of days ago we didnt even know if we could actually play competitive football yet there are still some who will slate the manager and players.

Now is a time for unity more than any other time........we will have off days but this is a unique journey and we as fans can influence matters greatly......our support will carry our players to greatness which will forever be remembered as part of Rangers folklore!!

You may not be happy at times but please get behind the team and drive them back to the top......this is why we are chosen!!!!

This is Rangers. Their use of the ball was appalling, and I am not going to patronise Ally or the players by precluding them from criticism. As I said, this club was built under a critical eye, and we are told that it is the same Rangers as yesterday. So, when they play like that they should be criticised. Is Ally McCoist a legend?: yes. Are these players top men for being as loyal to this degree?: absolutely; but their use of the ball was rubbish, and they are still lumping it forward much of the time. Hopefully it improves, but they play for Rangers and are not exempt from criticism.

I mean today wasnt great but we did win and we have had as good as no pre season, also until a couple of days ago we didnt even know if we could actually play competitive football yet there are still some who will slate the manager and players.

Now is a time for unity more than any other time........we will have off days but this is a unique journey and we as fans can influence matters greatly......our support will carry our players to greatness which will forever be remembered as part of Rangers folklore!!

You may not be happy at times but please get behind the team and drive them back to the top......this is why we are chosen!!!!

Agree with most of your thoughts except today wasn't great. IMO it was great. First game won of a new chapter in our illustrious history . WATP

There is plenty of slating going on, Twitter, Facebook and a few threads on here.

People are forgetting we werent afforded a proper pre season thanks to the fuckwits at the SPL and SFA.

I saw enough today to suggest we will steam-roll SFL3 and SFL2.

We will score a shit load of goals in the final 20 minutes when we get our fitness up to scratch as this is where the other teams will struggle. Naturally, our class will also be a telling factor.

Agree with most of your thoughts except today wasn't great. IMO it was great. First game won of a new chapter in our illustrious history . WATP

i just meant wasnt great in terms of overall perfomance mate.....otherwise today was superb and our first step to creating further history!!

Agreed, And what people dont realise is today was a giant killing considering Brechin are a SFL 2 side :crabflute:

We were understandibly as rusty as fuck in what was really a first pre season game, with players who up till a few days ago never knew if they would ever play again for us, agreed it was ropey but when you look at the big picture it was a good victory.

@turnberry

not saying the use of the ball was great BUT today is one day that we should be able to drop any negativity regarding performance......at least we actually played and i believe we will see a drastic improvement in the coming weeks

The reason I say the use of the ball is because I think all that is wrong with the British game involves a problem with that. We should not ever be satisfied by this form of football: it is the one thing that finds us out at European level, and it is time Auchenhowie was being used properly and we played with more dynamism. The boy Mckay and the other one, McLeod, looked comfortable, but they will learn bad habits with that style of play. It has to end now, and anytime I see Rangers and see us playing that way I will criticise it.

It is a bloody disgrace on how much Ally and the players have been slated today. We have been battered from pillar to post during the close season and given no chance to sign players or play friendlies, yet, after one game some deem Ally to be shite and the playing squad piss poor.

The only thing that was piss poor today was the idiots who slated Rangers.

TBH before the game i would have just been happy with the win.

Considering we have not really kicked a ball since May and only got the go ahead to play late on Friday night i never personally thought we were ever going to run up a cricket score today.

Once we get a settled team in place and a few more games under our belts i think then we should be expecting big wins and some decent football, Today was all about getting the win and moving on.

I can't ever recall hearing of a team not playing one single pre-season game before a competitive match before, dont think it's ever happened in British football at least.

@turnberry your spot on about british football players here should make the ball do the work to be fair BUT imo if there is any day Rangers should be exempt it is today....although the performance wasnt great i have nothing but pride for those in blue today

We are going to get days and games like these and we will have off days but every game we should improve and we won today which sometimes seems to be forgotten. We are not going to win every game 5-0 and we most likely will have worse games and not win but we must remember a few days ago the mood was that we may not be playing at all this season so i'll take this day with a smile and pride that my team won :crabflute:

@turnberry your spot on about british football players here should make the ball do the work to be fair BUT imo if there is any day Rangers should be exempt it is today....although the performance wasnt great i have nothing but pride for those in blue today

I agree, but I think this should be the time to make that training complex work. We should have players coming in who know how to use the ball. Auchenhowie is where the future of this club is at, and it needs to produce a better way to play the game.

I agree, but I think this should be the time to make that training complex work. We should have players coming in who know how to use the ball. Auchenhowie is where the future of this club is at, and it needs to produce a better way to play the

game.

had a discussion with the old man the other day and both agreed that now is the time to have Rangers at EVERY level playing the same formation and style.

We need to show possesion and quick pass and move is key.....i noticed today alexander looking for a short pass/throw but was left with no option but to play the long ball,we should be looking to outplay any opponent as we should have in the spl and now is the perfect opportunity to school our players in this style of play....

had a discussion with the old man the other day and both agreed that now is the time to have Rangers at EVERY level playing the same formation and style.

We need to show possesion and quick pass and move is key.....i noticed today alexander looking for a short pass/throw but was left with no option but to play the long ball,we should be looking to outplay any opponent as we should have in the spl and now is the perfect opportunity to school our players in this style of play....

Agreed; this is a perfect time to get this right.

I agree, but I think this should be the time to make that training complex work. We should have players coming in who know how to use the ball. Auchenhowie is where the future of this club is at, and it needs to produce a better way to play the game.

We've been banging on that drum for years. The club should be run from the bottom rung to the very top of the ladder in the same manner. A style of play that is known as 'The Rangers way'. Hard work - yes, absolutely. Determination to win - again, absolutely, but I want to see a style of play that is recognisable throughout the club so that when an U-17 comes off the bench (and it will happen more and more) he'll slot in no problem because the U-17's are doing exactly what the U-19's and the first XI are doing. It should be seemless. The only learning curve should be game time experience, dealing with crowds, home and away, etc.

This is our chance to create a skill-laden crop of youngsters that will be 'The Rangers' of the future for the next decade and beyond. We should be blooding these kids at this level at every opportunity.

If we surround them with enough experienced 'quality (that word again) players who won't cost us the earth and have the entire club playing as one unit we'll reap the benefits for years to come.

It's all down to the coaches and, in part, the budget McCoist will have to bring in the experienced few 'quality' (sorry) players we need to pull it off.

:sherlock:

This is Rangers. Their use of the ball was appalling, and I am not going to patronise Ally or the players by precluding them from criticism. As I said, this club was built under a critical eye, and we are told that it is the same Rangers as yesterday. So, when they play like that they should be criticised. Is Ally McCoist a legend?: yes. Are these players top men for being as loyal to this degree?: absolutely; but their use of the ball was rubbish, and they are still lumping it forward much of the time. Hopefully it improves, but they play for Rangers and are not exempt from criticism.

If this is the way we are playing in 3 months time then I will agree with you.

Today was like a glorified pre season game tbh.

In the first half we were in complete control and looking comfortable and them scoring was very much against the run of play. Had they scored fifteen minutes before they did then I think we would have simply upped the tempo retaken the lead before the break and then just comfortably held them at distance and seen the game out in the second half.

However, Brechin had their tails up and the adreniline must have been pumping because of the equaliser and although we started teh second half well, we really struggled to get any sot of fluid movements or passing together because our players tired and that kept Brechin in the game too.

Today wasn't great, but we got the job done and that's exactly what was needed after the Summer of uncertainity that we have faced.