SPL in London re T.V. deal

koala bear

Allegedly he is part of this steering committee that nobody had heard of until the noise erupted over the first meeting. I wonder what he will be steering and in which direction and why is an sfa representative negotiating and spl contract, it does beg the question are their own people up to the job if they have to bring in sfa people.

They are not even trying to hide what is going on at Hampden now such is their level of confidence that they will go unchallenged.

I really dont get why people dont understand this. Whether we like it or not, Sellic are the only power left in the SPL so its an absolutely no fukkin brainer that Lawwell would be involved in discussions with Sky.

I can 100% guarantee you if the boot was on the other foot, it would have been our guy ffs. doh

I really dont get why people dont understand this. Whether we like it or not, Sellic are the only power left in the SPL so its an absolutely no fukkin brainer that Lawwell would be involved in discussions with Sky.

I can 100% guarantee you if the boot was on the other foot, it would have been our guy ffs. doh

Mabe youll fucking get this the cunt is negotiating wirh our fucking media rights ffs.

Even a blind man who is deaf in both ears can work that one out .

But never fucking mind just take it like weve taken everything else eh?

The deal which had already been agreed was worth 16M per year for 5 years.

So that's a reduction in 3M per year.

But on top of that the SPL have agreed a deal with the SFL to cover Rangers matches for 1.5M per year, so that reduces the SPL share to 11.5M so they have lost nearly 5M per year but putting Rangers down to the 3rd.

Mabe youll fucking get this the cunt is negotiating wirh our fucking media rights ffs.

Even a blind man who is deaf in both ears can work that one out .

But never fucking mind just take it like weve taken everything else eh?

He isnt though. Firstly, they are not OUR media rights and secondly the SFL have already agreed "OUR" media rights with the SPL so any money between Sky and the SPL will pay for whats already been agreed.

Its an absolutely no fukkin brainer that Liewell was there. Anybody who thinks differently has as much business sense as Craig Whyte. (tu)

The deal which had already been agreed was worth 16M per year for 5 years.

So that's a reduction in 3M per year.

But on top of that the SPL have agreed a deal with the SFL to cover Rangers matches for 1.5M per year, so that reduces the SPL share to 11.5M so they have lost nearly 5M per year but putting Rangers down to the 3rd.

They will lose a lot more than that i've already seen taigs spouting without our games their season ticket is worthless.

Remember they will have to have deducted a 100 quid a year of every scum season ticket.

So we are totally wrong to expect the SPL board to negotiate the SPL media contract without bringing in the CEO of the league's biggest remaining club to negotiate what he wants for his club. Obviously we could rely on him not to take advantage of the situation, sporting integrity an all, to negotiate an even bigger advantage for them than the already have. doh

Why the other SPL clubs are not spitting bullets is a total mystery, mind you they did vote us down then bleat about the consequences. Serves them right, they are only getting what they voted for after they folded to the pressure from their internet faithful, wonder how many of them had joined in the weeks prior to the vote and were actually the obsessive fans of another club.

Why is anyone paying ANYTHING for coverage?

Probably a load of shite, but when the rights to show our games were up for sale was there any sense that fans/CG/BK or someone might try and snap them up? At 1.5mill, we surely could have had a whip round and just showed the games on RTV?

Why is anyone paying ANYTHING for coverage?

Probably a load of shite, but when the rights to show our games were up for sale was there any sense that fans/CG/BK or someone might try and snap them up? At 1.5mill, we surely could have had a whip round and just showed the games on RTV?

Surely they would have made a fortune if RTV had secured exclusivity but then RTV would also have had to fork out for getting the games covered by a TV company. I have no idea of the costs involved in that but would imagine it would not be cheap.

It's a shame BBC,STV, CH4 or CH5 didn't pick them up, could you imagine live football on the TV again for those of us that don't bother with sky etc. Was great seeing Gers on Alba but I do wonder how many viewers could actually understand the commentary.

So we are totally wrong to expect the SPL board to negotiate the SPL media contract without bringing in the CEO of the league's biggest remaining club to negotiate what he wants for his club. Obviously we could rely on him not to take advantage of the situation, sporting integrity an all, to negotiate an even bigger advantage for them than the already have. doh

Why the other SPL clubs are not spitting bullets is a total mystery, mind you they did vote us down then bleat about the consequences. Serves them right, they are only getting what they voted for after they folded to the pressure from their internet faithful, wonder how many of them had joined in the weeks prior to the vote and were actually the obsessive fans of another club.

Liewell was not negotiating with the Sky on what he wants for Sellic, he was negotiating on what he wants for the SPL. Once they have a total pot, the split of that is voted on by the SPL chairmen of which Liewell is only 1 vote out of 12 and with the removal of ourselves, he no longer has any control over how that ends up.

So to answer your opening gambit then yes you are totally wrong (tu)

Liewell was not negotiating with the Sky on what he wants for Sellic, he was negotiating on what he wants for the SPL. Once they have a total pot, the split of that is voted on by the SPL chairmen of which Liewell is only 1 vote out of 12 and with the removal of ourselves, he no longer has any control over how that ends up.

So to answer your opening gambit then yes you are totally wrong (tu)

Ah must fancy himself as some sort of scottish journo, my opening gambit ias you seem to prefer to call it was what the hell was he doing there in the first place. Why are the spl board not negotiating this.

Please get facts right if you are going to be quite so arrogant.

Ah must fancy himself as some sort of scottish journo, my opening gambit ias you seem to prefer to call it was what the hell was he doing there in the first place. Why are the spl board not negotiating this.

Please get facts right if you are going to be quite so arrogant.

If it was Riley and Doncaster in the picture, the same sort of things would be getting said. "Why only him" etc. There is a lot to be annoyed about lately, an awful lot actually. This isnt one of them.

A Chief Exec of the largest club in the SPL in talks with Sky alongside the Chief Exec of the League body. It couldnt be any less of an issue tbh. (tu)