RST recommending supporters buy ST's.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if this is true, and I have yet to see exactly what the Trust have stated, then you must give the RST tremendous credit. Either they have been given the assurances they were seeking, or they have decided that now that we actually can purchase season tickets (we could not when the initial statement was made) to change their minds. A humble organisation willing to change their stance for the greater good of the club deserves tremendous credit.

No real damage has been done and the haters will hate anyway.

You don't happen tae be a newspaper reporter, writing such a load of shite?

They got it wrong. They've now righted their wrong. Simples.

There's no need for all that shite ye've just written about the situation.

if this is true, and I have yet to see exactly what the Trust have stated, then you must give the RST tremendous credit. Either they have been given the assurances they were seeking, or they have decided that now that we actually can purchase season tickets (we could not when the initial statement was made) to change their minds. A humble organisation willing to change their stance for the greater good of the club deserves tremendous credit.

Your Leaders have sold you down the River.

What do you think of an organisation which changes its Principles almost Daily.

You don't happen tae be a newspaper reporter, writing such a load of shite?

They got it wrong. They've now righted their wrong. Simples.

There's no need for all that shite ye've just written about the situation.

Of course my response was slight tongue in cheek, but the majority of posts on this topic have been rather one sided without seeing the bigger picture. The statement was initially made by the Trust when we could not purchase season tickets, so at the time the statement was designed to put pressure on Green to answer some reasonable queries from the rangers support. Did that work? I am not so sure, but if the line now from the RST when we can purchase season tickets is 'go get them', then I struggle to see the major issue.

I had previously stated that I was not entirely convinced that telling the support to not buy season tickets was a wise move, as that was fraught with danger. However, what real damage has been done?

Of course my response was slight tongue in cheek, but the majority of posts on this topic have been rather one sided without seeing the bigger picture. The statement was initially made by the Trust when we could not purchase season tickets, so at the time the statement was designed to put pressure on Green to answer some reasonable queries from the rangers support. Did that work? I am not so sure, but if the line now from the RST when we can purchase season tickets is 'go get them', then I struggle to see the major issue.

I had previously stated that I was not entirely convinced that telling the support to not buy season tickets was a wise move, as that was fraught with danger. However, what real damage has been done?

Oh the Bigger picture, it was a clever plan to put jobs at risks by the Trust.

What a daft post.

Let me give ye an example.

There's 2 young lads in my village who've been arguing with everybody that they won't be buying ST's, and neither should anybody else. Basically, they were led up the wrong path by a Trust who they believe to be acting in the best interests of Rangers FC. I'm now looking forward to seeing them on Friday, and asking them if they're still taking the advice of said Trust, and doing exactly the opposite of what they've been arguing with everyone about for the past few weeks.

It should be an interesting conversation to say the least.

The Rangers Supporters Trust Twitter account is now recommending supporters renew/buy season tickets.

Hahahaha.... So today it was really busy at the Ticket Office with fans ignoring Dingwall and his RST cronies and all of a sudden the RST has a change of mind? :wanker: Idiots the lot of them they will be on the next takeover bandwagon and badmouthing Green!

So are they still telling members not to renew season tickets?

No. That;s a good thing.

No, we mustn't. They made a cunt of it, they know they did and now they've backed down and accepted the humiliation.

Humble? :D The RST are about as humble as the bastard offspring of Muhammad Ali & Brian Clough.

Yes, the haters in the RST will continue to hate. That's the only relevant observation in your otherwise dreadful post.

There's 2 young lads in my village who've been arguing with everybody that they won't be buying ST's, and neither should anybody else. Basically, they were led up the wrong path by a Trust who they believe to be acting in the best interests of Rangers FC. I'm now looking forward to seeing them on Friday, and asking them if they're still taking the advice of said Trust, and doing exactly the opposite of what they've been arguing with everyone about for the past few weeks.

Every village has an idiot - it seem that yours has two

What a complete and utter pile of pish, I actually can't be bothered ripping your post to fuck :lol:

I accept your point, conflicting messages can be problematic and on this issue maybe the Trust could have been clearer, but here is a section of the statement from the RST:

Given recent revelations over the failure of season ticket money to be ring-fenced as the Chief Executive Charles Green had indicated, we feel there is no other option open to the support than to delay payment until it is clear that proper corporate banking facilities are in place and supporters cash is protected from liquidators.

The Trust did not state 'do not buy season tickets ever', they asked for the supporters to 'delay'. That is massively different from what has been generally reported on here.

In Mauchline?

There's more than fuckin 2.

Off topic:-

Didn't realise that was where you stayed.

I had occassion to temporarily stay not far from there a few years ago and used to go into Mauchline for a pint every so often.

(shows how shit the place I was staying in was!)

Off topic:-

Didn't realise that was where you stayed.

I had occassion to temporarily stay not far from there a few years ago and used to go into Mauchline for a pint every so often.

(shows how shit the place I was staying in was!)

Musta been Catrine. Or it coulda been Auchinleck.

I accept your point, conflicting messages can be problematic and on this issue maybe the Trust could have been clearer, but here is a section of the statement from the RST:

Given recent revelations over the failure of season ticket money to be ring-fenced as the Chief Executive Charles Green had indicated, we feel there is no other option open to the support than to delay payment until it is clear that proper corporate banking facilities are in place and supporters cash is protected from liquidators.

The Trust did not state 'do not buy season tickets ever', they asked for the supporters to 'delay'. That is massively different from what has been generally reported on here.

So we were to delay buying season tickets. Now we can buy them? :sleep1: