ESPN to show 30 SPL games plus 10 Rangers games each season until 2017

RFC Rob

15 Rangers games , most likely away games imo plus bbc alba showing our Ransdens Cup adventures and also the other cup games . Aye Ready, We are still the only team to show on tv for viewing figures . TV companies wouldny like to show a less than half full brendandome on their screens anyway :crabflute:

For 15 gers games a season I need Sky Sports and ESPN? Fucking crooks

Exactly. I can just see Lawwell and Doncaster duking it out with the tv folks, deciding how to spread the Rangers coverage widely enough to get them some customers back.

I respect anyone who re-subscribes as a result of this announcement, and I'd bet there are a fair few who will, but my cancellation of both Sky Sports and ESPN will remain. No Scottish club except Rangers or whoever Rangers are playing will see a penny of my hard-earned and the games I can't get to will be watched in the Arden in Thornliebank with a few Strongbows. Kebab on the way home anaw!

ESPN announces deal to show SPL and Rangers live

ESPN has followed Sky by announcing it has agreed a deal to show live Scottish Premier League games this season - and Rangers games in Division Three.

Under the deal, 30 SPL games will be shown on ESPN over the season, as well as 10 involving Rangers.

Three of the games of the club now playing in the bottom tier after liquidation (Fucking sick of this!!!) :angry: will come from Ibrox.

It represents 10 more live Scottish football games on the station than in previous seasons.

Earlier this week, Sky Sports announced a deal for 30 SPL fixtures, plus five involving Rangers.

SPL clubs had feared that the absence of Rangers from the SPL would result in a major loss of income after renegotiation of television contracts.

No figures have yet been released for the Sky deal or the one announced by ESPN.

SPL coverage on ESPN starts on Sunday, when Dundee United host Hibernian.

ESPN announced: "The Clydesdale Bank Premier League, Irn Bru Scottish Football League and ESPN have reached a multi-year deal for rights to Scottish football from next season through 2017.

"The agreement means ESPN's channels in the UK and Ireland will next season screen 40 live and exclusive matches from both leagues - more than ever before and 10 more than in previous seasons on ESPN. yes! becasuse you need us! :rolleyes:

"Under the deal, 30 Clydesdale Bank Premier League games will be shown on ESPN over the season alongside 10 Rangers games from the Irn Bru Scottish Football League, including three home Rangers fixtures."