Puma

SteveJ

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive me if this has been mentioned before but I have been away with work, and only returned home tonight to capture the second half of my boys fitba game. A friend told me that the rumour on the street is that the delay in the new kit being announced is because we have signed a deal with Puma and telling Umbro to bolt.

Is there any truth in this?

I have heard this aswell. Only a couple of days ago i heard about it before i knew Mike Ashley was involved. Some guy said to the Rangers megastore that puma were taking over in 3 weeks. Obviuosly the guy hadn't heard about this. But it makes sense now why he was saying it.

i don't know if there is a 'law' :lol: :lol: :lol:

but i'm sure both the brand managers that done the deal may get the bullet.

The brand manager who did the deal for Umbro did a deal with the oldco and Green had no legal right to continue it, but he has with the home strip.

The brand manager who did the deal for Puma, if true, will be getting a big fat bonus in his wage packet next month, for striking a deal that takes an Umbro client to Puma in bright daylight of all potential clients.

Show me where the law states this?

i don't have to, you can't wear different sponsorships on any of the kits, however you can have a different sponsorship on the training gear, the only way that you can and thats if sporship a goes out of buisness or merges with another company forcing it to change its brand.

for instance many years ago when we played grasshoppers we had to change mcewens lager as its prohibited for displaying alchol brand on the kit, same with french mob marselle (blank), auxerre (centre parcs) and auxerre (black tape), playing in the states we changed from carlins to coors because its there own brand

The brand manager who did the deal for Umbro did a deal with the oldco and Green had no legal right to continue it, but he has with the home strip.

The brand manager who did the deal for Puma, if true, will be getting a big fat bonus in his wage packet next month, for striking a deal that takes an Umbro client to Puma in bright daylight of all potential clients.

Brands don't generally do deals together with their bitter rivals . . . FACT

surely tae fuck it does not look good on us if we just throw away Umbro, at the end of the day they stuck with us.

there could be something in it due to Rangers Umbro tops now available for half price before a baw has been kicked in the league, but it would be strange.

i don't have to, you can't wear different sponsorships on any of the kits, however you can have a different sponsorship on the training gear, the only way that you can and thats if sporship a goes out of buisness or merges with another company forcing it to change its brand.

You cannot have different shirt sponsors on a single shirt. You can have a different sponsor for shirt A and shirt B, with the only reason that no club does this is due to the exclusivity deal being the most attractive one.

So thats what Mike Ashley is worth then? As he owns these shops?

As far as I know, Ashley is worth more than a billion.

He's a very welcome addition IMO. I don't follow English football much other than watching the highlights but everything I've heard suggests he helped Newcastle a lot.

If this deal does go through it also shows that Charles Green can attract investment from major players.

Not sure puma will be able to make replica tops that will suit the beer belly

Puma make a part of the football shirt range that are for the man who sports the beer belly, it's reinforced around said area and pushes the bulk up around the chest making you looked ripped.