New Investors

scottyboyblue

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday, 10 August 2012 14:05 ( DIRECT FROM RANGERS WEB SITE )

Ally Welcomes Ashley News

Written by Andrew Dickson

ALLY McCOIST has welcomed news Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley is one of three billionaires who are thought to be ready to invest in Rangers.

Light Blues chief executive Charles Green revealed this morning Ashley is set to get involved through his successful Sports Direct company.

And Green believes any deal which is struck could be worth up to £10million to the 54-times Scottish title winners.

Ashley has been involved with Newcastle since 2007, when he bought Sir John Hall’s stake in the Magpies.

He is understood to be one of the richest men in Britain and he would be the latest in a growing list of investors to put money into the Glasgow giants if he did so.

Asked if he was happy with reports linking Ashley with an interest in the club, McCoist said: “Of course I am.

“The one thing you can say right away about Mike Ashley is he looks a very astute and clever businessman.

“You could argue there’s maybe not too many of them involved in football but he certainly ticks the box there.

“If he can bring his expertise and some of his wealth with him to support us and push the club forward, I’m absolutely delighted with that.”

Tagged underAlly McCoist

Looking at that picture of bomber makes me feel really sorry that people are making a joke of him now.

Bomber dared to question the loyalty of fans who would renew their season tickets, he took money from an old senile pensioner or when he carried on the lie and said we are a new club and that Green has destroyed our history to suit his own agenda.

He has lost any respect he once had yes he might be Rangers minded but he is so thick that he has been threatening to set Rangers back even more encourging the fans to boycott the club we love.

So don't give me your self righteous bullshit John Brown has done more to hurt us than most of our enemies.

Joe Lewis will be the main man as I've said for months,that's the man who is currently bank Rolling the club.... I know this ain't got anything to do with the op but remember Malcolm Murray said a few weeks ago change in the league is comin sooner than we think ..... Well just keep an eye on what happens with the old co .... Malcolm wasn't talking about reconstruction in Scotland ....To attract billionaire investors to the club there is something bigger going on ... Yes England or some European set up... Yes there could end up two Rangers teams playing under two companies in two leagues. Think I'm mad just wait and see.