Neil Alexander

thegummy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not heard anything about him moving and he took tonight's press conference. So, providing he does stay he deserves 100s of times the amount of praise than he gets from some bears.

A top class keeper stayed on our bench for years, stepped up when required and even helped us get to a European final.

If he stays he is also a legend in my eyes. Staying on the bench all those years because McFuckerOffer was slightly better yet still stepping up when needed?

I hope to god he won't be leaving and, if he doesn't, he is someone who has truly played for the jersey as he is well above SFL3 level.

In my opinion he's been the most loyal Rangers player over the last ten years!

Deserves all the praise that come his way :praise:

He done a step over in the Cup final and about got caught out i almost ran on the pitch and dropped him, the only thing stopping me was it being at Hampden i would have dropped dead with exertion trying to get to the Goalmouth.

Other than that I'm chuffed he's stayed and won the right to be our Keeper, Certainly deserves the chance..

:lol: I remember that. I'm positive he tried something similar at home to PSV as well.

Really?

David Weir's loyalty was more impressive and that's just for starters.

Just my opinion.

He had offers to go and always knew he'd be nothing more than back up and still stayed.

When he was called on i don't think he's let us down.

Not taking anything away from Sir David. (tu)

I think this is Alexander's time, I remember when we bought him he was on a level par with mcforgottenallready, shagger got the nod for no.1 and got better IMO, Neil has waited patiently in the wings and I can't remember him letting us down in any the cup games he's played,only wish we had sold mcforotten last summer now.

So glad and in debt to Alexander. We truly are the ppl

Can you remember when we signed Alexander? Roy Carrol was our back up goalkeeper and never got a single game for us so he left in January. Alexander was brought in, McGregor got injured and Alexander played in a Uefa Cup Final and was a penalty shoot out hero for us in the SF and in the Cups against DU and St Johnstone.

Meanwhile, Carrol played for a god awful Derby team that got relegated after getting pumped almost every game.

Really?

The difference being that Weir got a game every week until the last 6 months of his time with us and did not lack for recognition throughout his time at Rangers.

Not knocking Davie, and I don't buy in to Alexander being a world beater but he has never let Rangers down, could have walked into the first team in almost ant SPL or championship side but has stuck around and displayed a fantastic loyalty to Rangers, Walter and Ally. I think he deserves all the praise he is getting from the op.

Really?

In what way?

Helping to poach Jelavic?

No doubt he spoke to Paysmith as well.

How much were we paying Weir again?

I'm sorry, but I just can't see where you are coming from here...................

In what way?

Helping to poach Jelavic?

No doubt he spoke to Paysmith as well.

How much were we paying Weir again?

I'm sorry, but I just can't see where you are coming from here...................

Living away from your young family to play football when you have already had twenty years in the game, have enough money and have a job waiting for you close to your home is pretty decent loyalty in my book.

As for the how much were we paying him, that's an irrelevant argument, especially when it was reported shortly after we went in to administration that Alexander earns between 12-14k a week. If that's true, then that's a fairly handsome sum in return or sitting on a bench for over three quarters of the games that your club play every season.

at last some recopgnition of alexander.said for a while that we could do without shagger as we had a top keeper to step up as he proved whenever he was called on.also stated when the players jumped ship that shagger was the one we could afford to lose as we had alexander waiting to step in :praise:

I think I've said on several occasions over the past few seasons, that I believe Neil Alexander is a better goalkeeper than the other cunt, whatever his name was.

More shite from the uber fan doh

If he was better than mcgregeor, he would be gone with the rest of them that fucked off. Hes getting a wage at Rangers that he wouldnt pull anywhere else for basically watching us play and making one save a game.

Saying hes the best keeper in Scotland really isnt saying much.

Funny that some people think that footballers have loyalty to football teams after all weve been through. They look after number 1. If some english mob offered him double wages tomorrow he'd be offski. I stopped hero worshipping footballers when i got hair on my baws.

If he was better than mcgregeor, he would be gone with the rest of them that fucked off. Hes getting a wage at Rangers that he wouldnt pull anywhere else for basically watching us play and making one save a game.

Funny that some people think that footballers have loyalty to football teams after all weve been through. They look after number 1. If some english mob offered him double wages tomorrow he'd be offski. I stopped hero worshipping footballers when i got hair on my baws.

Last week then?

Fuckin walloper.

So what about all the players that have in fact honoured their contracts?

So what about all the players that have in fact honoured their contracts?

Name one that you think will still be here come the end of the transfer window that can get a better turn elsewhere? Before you say Wallace, i imagine hes on a decent wage and he is a relative unknown outside Scotland. Although saying that, i think him putting his Scotland place in jeaopardy deserves some praise. He did say in his interview one of the reasons he was staying was his bird was heavilly with child and he didnt want the upheaval.

Money trumps loyalty 99.9% of the time as has been proven time and time again since football stopped becoming a sport and became a business.

On topic, they are both average keepers in the real world, with mcgergeor being a slightly better shot stopper. In reality they have to make about 3 saves a game of which they usually make a cunt of one of the three.