Playing for Scotland should be taken out of . . .

BLUEDIGNITY

After the defeat to Italy on penalties in the World Cup Final, Makélélé initially commented that he was again going to retire from international football. However, he continued to play for France in their qualifiers for UEFA Euro 2008 and even the Euro 2008 finals. Chelsea manager José Mourinho accused France national coach Raymond Domenech of treating Makélélé like a slave and refusing to honor his retirement. FIFA confirmed that any club that refuses to release a player for national team duty is barred from using the player for two matches

We can just do what we did with Barry, give him a little knock and say he's injured.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wallace, Black, Alexander and Broadfoot have made sacrifices to stay at Rangers and we're saying if they get the honour of playing for their national team we should deny them of this?

What if these four mentioned get injured whilst away with Scotland what do we do without them.the sfa should be saying no rangers players will be selected during embargo in my opinion

We can just do what we did with Barry, give him a little knock and say he's injured.

Aye, its easy to do that with just one player in the squad, but with 2 or 3 its a little more obvious. I think the player can still be banned if the SFA complain to UEFA, especially if the player plays for us a few days after.

Besides, i think its up to the player who he plays for. Its not really for us, or the club to decide if a player plays for his country. Saying that, it could become a real problem with the transfer ban.

Aye, its easy to do that with just one player in the squad, but with 2 or 3 its a little more obvious. I think the player can still be banned if the SFA complain to UEFA, especially if the player plays for us a few days after.

Besides, i think its up to the player who he plays for. Its not really for us, or the club to decide if a player plays for his country. Saying that, it could become a real problem with the transfer ban.

I'd love it if Ally told the Scottish players that it was their choice to play for the national team, but that if they (rightly imo) chose not to, then he and Rangers would back them to the hilt. Now that'd be a statement.

He has signed for the best supported team in the land bar none, he hasn't taken a risk WE have, we are payin him good money and we are in the third division, and the point is he is OUR player. He doesn't get paid by the tin pot dictators at the sfa, we pay him. It should be in the contract that its at our discretion whether he plays for them or not. And quite frankly for me its 'or not.' :sherlock:

I can understand your point, but I just feel that the choice should be left with the players, regardless of their nationality.

Wasnt really directed at you man, even though i quoted your post. Im not sure that Ally would ever say that to the players mind, no matter what his opinions of the SFA are.

Its sad that politics and a few so called "supporters" of Scotland could sour what should be a players proudest moment. I for one will not stop supporting my country because of a tarrier englishman and a few grown men in see you jimmy wigs.

Trying to hurt our national team will only have a negative effect on our overall standard of football. Paying to watch Scotland, doesnt go in rhegans pocket, he gets his salary no matter what. That money is supposed to go into grass roots football that in the end will benefit Rangers.

Our whole football set up needs a good pull through with a christmas tree, and all this petty negativity plays right into their hands. We cant change it from the outside, looking in.

. . . players hands and Rangers should say no, after all is this not the same sfa who have put an embargo on Rangers signing players, a player gets injured playing for the sfa and they won't let us sign a replacement ? Do me a fuckin favour ! :sherlock:

Utter bollocks

Men have fought and died that we might live in a democracy, who are you to take that decision away from the players?

Wasnt really directed at you man, even though i quoted your post. Im not sure that Ally would ever say that to the players mind, no matter what his opinions of the SFA are.

Its sad that politics and a few so called "supporters" of Scotland could sour what should be a players proudest moment. I for one will not stop supporting my country because of a tarrier englishman and a few grown men in see you jimmy wigs.

Trying to hurt our national team will only have a negative effect on our overall standard of football. Paying to watch Scotland, doesnt go in rhegans pocket, he gets his salary no matter what. That money is supposed to go into grass roots football that in the end will benefit Rangers.

Our whole football set up needs a good pull through with a christmas tree, and all this petty negativity plays right into their hands. We cant change it from the outside, looking in.

wacko.gifwacko.gif

What if these four mentioned get injured whilst away with Scotland what do we do without them.the sfa should be saying no rangers players will be selected during embargo in my opinion

I'd like to think if say, Wallace got injured, we'd have the embargo lifted so we could replace him.

At the end of the day I'm more concerened about us accepting an illegal transfer embargo than us losing a player through injury on international duty.

I'd like to think if say, Wallace got injured, we'd have the embargo lifted so we could replace him.

At the end of the day I'm more concerened about us accepting an illegal transfer embargo than us losing a player through injury on international duty.

It doesn't matter how many times its repeated but the embargo has never and will never be deemed illegal. What law do you suggest was broken and has anyone been arrested?

Let's not engage in that war. Ian Black, despite being booed, called his appearance the proudest day of his life. Who are we to deny him that?

Forcing our guys not to play for Scotland won't really get us anywhere. There are other (more effective) means to show our displeasure at the governing body.

Hear hear.

Once upon a time there was a pig that flew . . .

:sherlock:

Utter bollocks

Men have fought and died that we might live in a democracy, who are you to take that decision away from the players?

I don't need you to tell me fuck all about fighting and dying for a democracy, both my parents fought for King and Country during WWII and what they sacrificed for has been taken away from us big time. We don't live in a democracy anymore or have you not noticed, certainly not if you are a Protestant Rangers supporter, we are being treated like shit. I'm the guy thats contributing to their wages and Rangers are the club that's paying them. So fuck Scotland and the sfa. :sherlock:

We had to except it or no football illegal or not.the sfa signed a letter to say that they would pay our debt to scumdee untd then said they never and you think they are going to let us sign players if ours get injured whilst away with Scotland.the sfa don't give a fuck about us that has been demonstrated for the last 6 months.having represented my country at different levels of football it was great standing there proud as punch in that Scotland strip but if the sfa instruct Craig have a shave levein not to select our players then club not stopping any player from being selected.if you ask the players available to risk playing for Scotland and get injured or playing for rangers for a year till embargo lifted its a no brainer.look at mcoist himself super missed 6 months of football breaking his leg whilst playing with Scotland ask him proud Scotsman if he could turn the clock back and miss that game to play all those missed games for Glasgow rangers I think we all know the answer.not for the club to decide has to be the player but during embargo players incase of injury should only be playing for rangers.p.s no surrender Ian black

. . . players hands and Rangers should say no, after all is this not the same sfa who have put an embargo on Rangers signing players, a player gets injured playing for the sfa and they won't let us sign a replacement ? Do me a fuckin favour ! :sherlock:

Question for you?

can your cock touch your arse??

After the defeat to Italy on penalties in the World Cup Final, Makélélé initially commented that he was again going to retire from international football. However, he continued to play for France in their qualifiers for UEFA Euro 2008 and even the Euro 2008 finals. Chelsea manager José Mourinho accused France national coach Raymond Domenech of treating Makélélé like a slave and refusing to honor his retirement. FIFA confirmed that any club that refuses to release a player for national team duty is barred from using the player for two matches

Fine.

Our Sporting Integrity would be intact.