lack of signings

krissg910

is anyone worried about the lack of signings we have made? i am very happy with mr green so far and we have made a decent start to the season considering all the things that happened over the summer.

however we have 12 days left to sign players before the embargo starts and we cant sign anyone for 2 years.

imo we need atleast 5 players in, we have a good enough first team to win sfl 3 and 2 however our squad is very thin and we dont have any cover for any injuries and suspensions that will happen.

we need a lm, rm, rb, cm and gk atleast.

Technically we will be able to sign players in a 2 day window next year because the transfer window ends on a Saturday.Some Taigs already pointed this out to me at work and are crying about it already,Although like the OP im getting a bit worried with all the trialists coming in and going and no-one signing even though we know possibley 4 of the team are ready to jump ship any day now.

We have lost 25 players. I imagine we will

Lose at least 3 more

That's 28 out

We have signed 5

We need a good few more in.

We were never exactly going to be replacing 28 players.

I want us to sign some more but we also need to trust the youngsters as proper members of the squad.

We were never exactly going to be replacing 28 players.

I want us to sign some more but we also need to trust the youngsters as proper members of the squad.

Of course not but Ally spoke about needing at least 12 players and that was before the last few left. I think we need at least another 5 players capable of playing in the first team. Youngsters won't get us through 2 years of rough and tumble football and all the domestic cups involved too. We need quality in numbers. The fans have played their part, it's now time for the club to step up and give us a squad worthy of our club. (tu)

Its 3rd division we don't need a lot of signings just a few more to make it a bit more competative in the team

And what about next year in the 2nd, and what if any of our current players are sold during the embargo? What if we lose Little or McKay to mega bids? What if Ian Black is subject to a bid and he is sold? McCulloch will be a year older next year, Bocanegra too, what if we lose Alexander? We could lose anyone over the next few years and won't be able to do anything about it. What about the domestic cups we are expected to win? A small squad littered with kids is not enough, who knows what is round the corner. Complacency is very dangerous.

And what about next year in the 2nd, and what if any of our current players are sold during the embargo? What if we lose Little or McKay to mega bids? What if Ian Black is subject to a bid and he is sold? McCulloch will be a year older next year, Bocanegra too, what if we lose Alexander? We could lose anyone over the next few years and won't be able to do anything about it. What about the domestic cups we are expected to win? A small squad littered with kids is not enough, who knows what is round the corner. Complacency is very dangerous.

We can sign free agents on sept 1st next season if we are div 2, so we can easily replace players.

I have to agree with the OP If we pick up a few injuries during the course of the season which we inevitably will with the hatchet men we are playing against then do we have enough cover? I would like 5/6 bodies in over the next 2 weeks to put my mind at ease.

I trust Ally and Charles will be working like mad to get more players on board. :cgreen: :mccoist:

:uk:

I don't think we are as short of players as people make out tbh

GK: Alexander, Gallagher

RB: Broadfoot, Cole

CB: Bocanegra, Goian, Emilson, Perry, Hegarty

LB: Wallace

RM: Little

CM: Black, Hutton, McLeod, Mitchell

LM: McKay

CF: Sandaza, McCulloch, Kyle, Shiels

And that's without factoring in some other players too.

We are only really lacking an experienced number two, cover at full back and a winger.

Obviously that will change if others leave, but yeah I don't think we need eight/ten more signings.