Rangers could be fast-tracked into second tier via League Reconstruction

North Rd

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This idea that Rangers will play in the 2nd teir next season could also be shite, quite a few teams don't qualify for a place in spl due to stadium requirements.

Is there four teams in sfl1 ready to step up, I don't think so.

If the SFL clubs that miss out on the Rangers experience due to league reconstruction are not compensated they will probably vote against it.

I'm not convinced a 16 team league is the answer, I am not against the principal of reconstruction but we have to be careful that we don't make a poor product worse. Henry McLeish made a decent argument for a 10 team league although I'm not sure about that either.

I don't trust the decision makers to make the right choices, especially if they are trying to rush it through for next season.

42 teams in Scotland. All the big clubs are there already except us(and boy do they need us). So this is a softening up exercise to the SFL clubs, to find out what they want in return for Rangers jumping up the leagues. The SFL and Rangers hold the upper hand here to a certain degree as they can say NO. The SFL will be offered a deal to put more money in to them. What that deal will be will probable have Liewells hand all over it, but I think Mr Green is canny to him and will not buy into any old shite. We have 3 years of lost earnings in Europe to deal with and he will be mightily pissed off with this and that will effect any deal offered. The other SPL clubs now realise that the Rangers support turned up for the 3rd division and they want a slice of that money again and they are just figuring out how to get it as quickly as they can. Mr Green will not need told he has an advantage here and I trust him to extract the best deal for Rangers; I also hope that whatever he decides it has a positive effect on the SFL as they have been kind to us when we needed some friends.

On the face of it, I'd back the reconstruction.

Myself and a lot of others want to see the introduction of a 16 team top tier; single home and away fixtures; the reduction in total divisions from 4 to 3; with more promotions and relegations; play offs and a pyramid scheme at the foundation.

Im all for the romance of fighting our way up 3 divisions, but if it can be done in two, and have reconstruction for the better (in my opinion) for the whole Scottish game - then I'm all for it.

The only thing missing of course will be Rangers being treated with the respect we're due during the whole process.

We can not and SHOULD NOT be railroaded into this corrupt scheme ,,,weve a three year European wilderness,,effectively 2 year transfer embargo,ffs,lets take our time go through the leagues with DIGNITY and our heads held high and watch these hate filled ,scumbag bastards suffer and fold on our way back to glory !!! :21: :21: :21:

Would we get a vote on reconstuction? At present we are associate members of SFL and not even entitled to vote on SFL business.Longmuir has already said SFL clubs should enjoy us for the next year or so.Seems to me deals have been done and we'll play where we're told.Hope I'm wrong,please,please let me be wrong :cgreen:

I think (although im against it) WILL happen tho.

Why has Goian left on a one year loan and being quoted as saying he is happy to come back next year "IF" we are playing in a higher lg?????????

The fact CG has let him go on a one year loan (instead of selling and freeing up cash) and with the standard of players we are signing all looks suspect to me. Sandaza also made a comment about a one year sacrifice.

Reading between the lines that looks like something is in the pipeline and CG would appear to be all for it im afraid.

I think (although im against it) WILL happen tho.

Why has Goian left on a one year loan and being quoted as saying he is happy to come back next year "IF" we are playing in a higher lg?????????

The fact CG has let him go on a one year loan (instead of selling and freeing up cash) and with the standard of players we are signing all looks suspect to me. Sandaza also made a comment about a one year sacrifice.

Reading between the lines that looks like something is in the pipeline and CG would appear to be all for it im afraid.

If this had been secretly agreed the worst thing in the world to do would be to tell a player about it. The ramifications of a secret deal being made so soon after placing us in SFL3 would be massive. Nothing wrong with the club planning for that contingency but no chance is a deal in place.

We can not and SHOULD NOT be railroaded into this corrupt scheme ,,,weve a three year European wilderness,,effectively 2 year transfer embargo,ffs,lets take our time go through the leagues with DIGNITY and our heads held high and watch these hate filled ,scumbag bastards suffer and fold on our way back to glory !!! :21: :21: :21:

you say railroaded but I honestly think it will be more of a charm offensive as they know thr has to be an overall agreement and green doesn't just do as others say.

Has any SPL club come out and said how much money they make from our fans visiting their ground once or twice a season?

Sky are contracted to pay the SPL an agreed amount to be shared amongst member clubs but do the clubs get an additional sum if their game is televised?

you say railroaded but I honestly think it will be more of a charm offensive as they know thr has to be an overall agreement and green doesn't just do as others say.

Funny you say this chef, in Rhegans Statement I detected a little bit of groveling in it towards CG.

Eh oh eh we need to move on charles for the sake of Scottish Football.

Gonni no dae that please we need yees.

No matter what, we must not forget to strangle these clubs when we do get back.

Total boycott of all SPL grounds.

Never, ever forget what these bastards did to our club.

This is an absolute must. I hope rangers accept no away tickets for any spl team.

I would prefer to go through the leagues to give us a chance to bring on some players and get the transfer ban out the way. I've said before that league reconstruction was always on the cards when we went to 3rd division. Too many clubs are looking at administration to do without us for another 2 years.

CG will look at what can give us the best financial package to rebuild the club and that will be in SPL2 or possibly top flight if Sky dictates. What we need to ensure is that we use the leverage we have properly. SFL clubs have to be properly compensated so they will back us if the deal is not right. We can lay our demands confident that SPL is backed in a corner and need us. Transfer ban and EBT can disappear. We need to ensure of we're back in the top flight we have a level playing field and can compete with Celtic in the transfer market.

It's crashed and broken. They don't necessarily see that or even if they do, that they accept it. But it's crashed and burned beyond recovery even before their talks start. Why? Well the destructive forces let loose against Rangers are still there. The same people are are still there. The same tainted professionally bankrupt SFA and SPHell are still there and the anti-Rangers jokers that run them. They have plenty of friends in the SFL too. So with that poisonous cocktail of characters with their recent history of kicking us I'd be surprised if anyone seriously think that any good will come out of this from a Rangers point of view? For me, first things first would be the removal of Regan and Doncaster - they need to go. And if they went, and if there was credible reform in the SFA, then that might be a start point.

Seems to me that the talks will be used to continue to stir up anti-Rangers sentiment. They are not to be trusted.

League reconstruction can only occur on the assumption of lower revenue and lower budgets for SPL clubs, changing structures can't fix the fact that most cannot be competitive and live within the revenues they generate on their own.

Thinking that there will be a rush for sponsors and TV to put in more money is laughable. The product simply is not good enough.

Ultimately reconstuction will happen because the game is not viable in current form, but it can only happen once clubs (and the SPL) have bottomed out and faced into the fact that they are fucked.

Before we chose to boycott SPL grounds we should carefully consider the pros and cons. We are denying the team our support which the players and staff value highly. How much financial damage are we actually inflicting on a club if we stay away and is that offset by sky if the game is televised. Would it be better to devise a strategy where we hit some clubs hard instead of all the clubs, we can maximise the financial damage without denying the team our support for every away game throughout the season.

(assuming of course the SPL is still there).

Before we chose to boycott SPL grounds we should carefully consider the pros and cons. We are denying the team our support which the players and staff value highly. How much financial damage are we actually inflicting on a club if we stay away and is that offset by sky if the game is televised. Would it be better to devise a strategy where we hit some clubs hard instead of all the clubs, we can maximise the financial damage without denying the team our support for every away game throughout the season.

(assuming of course the SPL is still there).

apparently clubs dont get extra cash if games are televised

Shove it.

Sporting integrity hypocrisy demands that we work our way through the ranks (3-years, minimum) as anything less would have all those club chairmen, opposition fans and media know-it-alls foaming at the mouth.

This is the Lawwell-Doncaster Self-Preservation Society at work here.

Fuck them all.

Just say 'NO' Rangers. :angry: