rangers must make an official complaint

rangersxfc

prime example from richard gordon took great joy reading this full statement then spent the next half an hour calling

Templetons integrity into question the bbc need to be called out

hearts say David Templeton was 'desperate to leave'

Hearts say the decision to sell David Templeton to Rangers was correct as it was the "best available offer" for a player "desperate to leave".

A club statement said: "We did not want to sell him but there was no reason to keep him as his mind and heart was not with Hearts.

"In January he could sign a pre-contract and walk for free in summer."

Continue reading the main story

Paulo Sergio did not include him for the Scottish Cup final squad for the lack of focus and determination

Hearts statement on David Templeton

The winger scored on his final appearance for Hearts, the 1-1 draw against Liverpool in Anfield.

Templeton's four-year deal with Rangers, who play in the Scottish Third Division, was completed after late talks at the Glasgow club's Murray Park training facility.

The 23-year-old's registration was completed just before the transfer window closed on Friday night, ending his five-and-a-half year period with Hearts.

Rangers now enter a one-year transfer ban, a punishment issued to the club by the Scottish Football Association's judicial panel for bringing the game into disrepute during Craig Whyte's ill-fated takeover and stewardship.

Hearts sought to explain to disgruntled fans how they came to sell one of their most exciting players to a team playing three divisions below.

The statement said: "We need to admit we are not completely satisfied with the offer but it was the best available offer and other clubs were just waiting to get Templeton for free in January.

We had lengthy negotiations and Rangers improved their offer several times until finally we agreed terms. Templeton was desperate to leave Hearts for any club offering big money and his contract was running out in May 2013."

Hearts say Rangers' transfer ban meant they were prepared to offer cash immediately for the player, and that they were the only club willing to do so, as opposed to signing him for free in January.

The Tynecastle club added: "The club put a huge amount of effort into keeping Templeton at Tynecastle, spending many months trying to find an agreement.

"Twelve months of discussions and negotiations since the start of 2011-12 season did not help. He has rejected every one of our offers completely, regardless of terms.

"After last January he switched off completely after the club rejected a laughable offer from a minor Championship club.

"[Former manager] Paulo Sergio had many issues with the player's attitude and did not include him for the Scottish Cup final squad for the lack of focus and determination.

"We believe the decision of the club was right in the circumstance and has brought money to the club where Templeton was a big risk to keep in both football and financial terms."

Rangers also held talks with Hearts' Australian international Ryan McGowan, but he opted to remain at the Edinburgh club.

Similarly, the Ibrox club could not persuade Callum Paterson to make the move.

"We praise his decision," a Hearts spokesperson said of McGowan.

"We hope he will show his commitment by putting pen to paper to sign a new deal with the club in the next couple of days in evidence of his declarations.

"Callum Paterson is the example of commitment and a true Jambo. Despite active interest from Rangers, the boy immediately committed to a new deal the club offered him in an effort to keep best young talent at the club."

I hate the twat Richard Gordon as much as most people but he's giving his opinion. It's idiotic and based on a laughably bitter statement from Hearts, but the whole point of being on the radio is to keep people involved and listening. Listen to talksport with Adrian Durham, he brutalises everyone and anyone, always giving the dickhead opinion, in order to get people calling in.

There's fuck all Rangers can do about Richard Gordon having an opinion on Templeton, unless he properly starts saying liable things

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the twat Richard Gordon as much as most people but he's giving his opinion. It's idiotic and based on a laughably bitter statement from Hearts, but the whole point of being on the radio is to keep people involved and listening. Listen to talksport with Adrian Durham, he brutalises everyone and anyone, always giving the dickhead opinion, in order to get people calling in.

There's fuck all Rangers can do about Richard Gordon having an opinion on Templeton, unless he properly starts saying liable things

lol am not wanting an official complaint made just down to them puttin a negative spin on the templeton deal just

gives my argument more credibility

Just remember what YOU think of as a massive slight against the club, others would easily dismiss as small dig and not worth getting into.

I believe that the media team have done a sterling job of defending the club against scurrilous rumour and innuendO, look at how @rfc_dickson (Andrew) consistently stated the club and it's history still remained, he led that charge via social media (twitter), btw, that's also the guy who doesn't work in the ticket office but constantly gets asked questions about tickets.

CG himself has been very outspoken against Rangers detractors, he has defended this club in a much more public manner, far more than either CW or SDM ever did.

In my view, the club has been far more proactive in defending the clubs image and dispelling scurrilous rumours but they still have to pick thier battles as we cannot howl at the moon for every slight as people will eventually stop listening.

This must be what it feels like to be a pensioner,looking out your window for something to be offended by so you can complain to someone.

No offence OP but I think anything important that needed addressed has been addressed,you said yourself that Green and Ally had done ok.

I've seen the employees on Twitter,namely Andrew Dickson take various people to task on there,BBC and STV employees who insisted on referring to us as Sevco.

If we complain about absolutely everything our great club starts to look like a bunch of whinging bastards who think everyone's against them,sound familiar?

Just remember what YOU think of as a massive slight against the club, others would easily dismiss as small dig and not worth getting into.

I believe that the media team have done a sterling job of defending the club against scurrilous rumour and innuendO, look at how @rfc_dickson (Andrew) consistently stated the club and it's history still remained, he led that charge via social media (twitter), btw, that's also the guy who doesn't work in the ticket office but constantly gets asked questions about tickets.

CG himself has been very outspoken against Rangers detractors, he has defended this club in a much more public manner, far more than either CW or SDM ever did.

In my view, the club has been far more proactive in defending the clubs image and dispelling scurrilous rumours but they still have to pick thier battles as we cannot howl at the moon for every slight as people will eventually stop listening.

some good points well made but i strongly disagree with "consistently stated the club and its history still remained"

we all knew this anyway he should have been informing the media about this fact not us his rangers then rangers now rangers

forever article was fantastic credit where credit is due

Jesus Christ, woe is me.

At least this thread is in reference to actual articles/reports

The fact that you can't get your head around the idea that comments sections are full of mindless bigots is concerning. My point from yesterday was what do you aim to achieve from 'fighting back' in comments sections? Logic doesn't exist there. It's a waste of your time because even if a bear takes 5 minutes to reply to some bigotted comments, it'll get lost amongst the utter tedium, the likes of

"Fuck you, h*** are scum, har har har"

and

"Yer club is deed"

Can I ask, just out of curiosity, what age you are?

You seem to spend hours on here trying to guide everyone to your point of view.

Well if you gave 5 mins now and again and corrected one Rangers hating scumbag without getting into the "Fuck you" scenario that you described, it would show readers from around the UK and beyond who don't know all the facts that these Bigots are merely spouting vile lies. Lets face it if there is no one giving a different point of view they would take the lies as gospel.

As for my age why should that be of relevance as you only want to try and ridicule me like a wee playground bully.

You seem to spend hours on here trying to guide everyone to your point of view.

Well if you gave 5 mins now and again and corrected one Rangers hating scumbag without getting into the "Fuck you" scenario that you described, it would show readers from around the UK and beyond who don't know all the facts that these Bigots are merely spouting vile lies. Lets face it if there is no one giving a different point of view they would take the lies as gospel.

As for my age why should that be of relevance as you only want to try and ridicule me like a wee playground bully.

Not at all, I was genuinely interested. My point was probably that older people are less likely to read and get involved in the comments section, that was all.

As for the other points, apologies for enjoying Rangers media and trying to put across my POV but i'd suggest that that is what a forum is for.

as for the comments section, its full of mindless bigots. How do you change the mind of vile bigots? It inevitably ends with daft arguments which go on until somebody gives up. I've been there and i've done it. The Guardian comment section was pathetic enough, one glance at The Sun, the Record, The Scotsman made me reliase there is literally no point.

I argue my point on here because, on the whole, I know people can be reasoned with and most have a sense of what i'm saying. These comments sections are full of literally 14 year old neds, brought up by their scumbag fathers to give it all that, followed by the same on the other side. Frankly, its fucking pathetic. I, for one, wont be going near it. If you want to get involved then that is absolutely fine. My viewpoint is simply that it is an utter waste of time.

The same utter tripe happens with fans of all teams around the country. If you think people are getting their viewpoints on things from reading comments sections (other than laughing at how obsessed team x is over team y) then i'd suggest you think again

Not at all, I was genuinely interested. My point was probably that older people are less likely to read and get involved in the comments section, that was all.

As for the other points, apologies for enjoying Rangers media and trying to put across my POV but i'd suggest that that is what a forum is for.

as for the comments section, its full of mindless bigots. How do you change the mind of vile bigots? It inevitably ends with daft arguments which go on until somebody gives up. I've been there and i've done it. The Guardian comment section was pathetic enough, one glance at The Sun, the Record, The Scotsman made me reliase there is literally no point.

I argue my point on here because, on the whole, I know people can be reasoned with and most have a sense of what i'm saying. These comments sections are full of literally 14 year old neds, brought up by their scumbag fathers to give it all that, followed by the same on the other side. Frankly, its fucking pathetic. I, for one, wont be going near it. If you want to get involved then that is absolutely fine. My viewpoint is simply that it is an utter waste of time.

The same utter tripe happens with fans of all teams around the country. If you think people are getting their viewpoints on things from reading comments sections (other than laughing at how obsessed team x is over team y) then i'd suggest you think again

I understand where you are coming from but at the same time I really do believe that if no one makes at least one positive response to an RFC related story, then these lowlife scumbags have carte blanche to hoodwink the general public into thinking that their lies are true as no one has exposed them.

I have to say although there will be a huge amount of 14 year olds I suspect the vast majority are adults and not all Bheasts from the East End as all forms of scum have crawled out of their slums to attack us.

I understand where you are coming from but at the same time I really do believe that if no one makes at least one positive response to an RFC related story, then these lowlife scumbags have carte blanche to hoodwink the general public into thinking that their lies are true as no one has exposed them.

I have to say although there will be a huge amount of 14 year olds I suspect the vast majority are adults and not all Bheasts from the East End as all forms of scum have crawled out of their slums to attack us.

It's not hood winking the general public though. I'd suggest that few people really take anything more than a glance at comments sections and virtually nobody places any credibility towards them.

Bigots will be bigots. There's plenty of our lot who are just trolls too, just so happens we have more ammunition aimed at us right now.

I honestly think your placing too much importance in something that most people just laugh at.

It's not hood winking the general public though. I'd suggest that few people really take anything more than a glance at comments sections and virtually nobody places any credibility towards them.

Bigots will be bigots. There's plenty of our lot who are just trolls too, just so happens we have more ammunition aimed at us right now.

I honestly think your placing too much importance in something that most people just laugh at.

I only wish you were right about placing to much importance on it but experience tells me I'm not.

My brother in law and nephew who are both Accies fans had to be told the facts as they took everything that they saw and read in the mhedia as truth.

So as much as I agree with alot of what you say we will just have to disagree on the main topic.

My complaint.

YOUR COMPLAINT:

Complaint Summary: institutional bias

Full Complaint: Rangers FC V East Fife Tuesday 7th August 2012 BBC web site reports of last nights game:

1st article; It was the first game at Ibrox since the new owners were denied a place in the top flight and had to relaunch the club in Division Three.

2nd article;Nearly 40,000 fans packed Ibrox as Rangers made their home debut as a Third Division club by easing aside East Fife in the Scottish League Cup. BBC Scotland News at 1pm---Jackie Bird; Rangers played their first game at ibrox last night after the club was liquidated” BBC Scotland are demonstrating a relentless institutional bias towards Rangers FC by this inaccurate reporting of the status of Glasgow Rangers FC as the club was not “liquidated” the company PLC was, but the football club was not!!! Please see the following quotes form the experts;Duff & Phelps,

From their interim report of 10/7/12:4.4 Following the sale of business and assets of the Company, the responsibility for maintaining all trading operations passed to Sevco which continues to operate the Club....10.9 The history and spirit of the Club have been preserved by the sale which completed on 14 June 2012 and it is now the responsibility of the new owners to secure its future.Also, Malcolm Cohen of BDO who are liquidating the old company has said:It's important to understand that the appointment of liquidators will not mean the end of football at Ibrox - only the end of the company that ran the club'.The company that formerly ran the club is going.

Response from the on 16th August:

Dear Mr

Your Reference CAS-1620635-NSKFNN

Thanks for recently contacting the BBC. We aim to reply to complaints within 10 working days (around 2 weeks) and do for most of them but cannot for all. The time taken depends on the nature of the complaint, how many others we are dealing with and can also be affected by practical issues, such as whether a production team is available or away on location.

This is to let you know that we think it may take us longer but that we will respond as soon as we can. We would therefore ask you not to contact us further in the meantime. This is an automatic email sent from an account which is not monitored so you cannot reply to this address. If it does prove necessary however, please use our webform quoting any case number we provided.

We issue public responses to issues which have prompted large numbers of significant complaints on our website at www.bbc.co.uk/complaints along with full details of our complaints procedure and how we consider the issues raised in complaints.

In the meantime we’d like to thank you for contacting us with your concerns. We appreciate your patience in awaiting a response.

Kind regards

BBC Complaints

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Still have not received a response, think I fucked them up with the "relentless institutional bias towards Rangers" part! :uk:

This must be what it feels like to be a pensioner,looking out your window for something to be offended by so you can complain to someone.

No offence OP but I think anything important that needed addressed has been addressed,you said yourself that Green and Ally had done ok.

I've seen the employees on Twitter,namely Andrew Dickson take various people to task on there,BBC and STV employees who insisted on referring to us as Sevco.

If we complain about absolutely everything our great club starts to look like a bunch of whinging bastards who think everyone's against them,sound familiar?

Step on ma tulips in the coming Spring when I'm sixty five, I wont complain, I'll come out and boot your arse.

I mean that most sincerely.

:pipe: