McConville quotes RangersMedia posters

MosesMcNeil

The biggest problem I have in this is the stench of utter hypocrisy.

I don't particularly object to the right of either crazy Celtic fans, or even neutrals to have a negative opinion of the club, or the support, for a variety of reasons in their mind. We can be too easily offended sometimes, just like others, and we can be offensive sometimes, just like others.

The problem with this article is in its entirely obvious, and apparently unashamed bias.

The right to free speech is not something which can be applicable only sometimes. On the basis that the infamous blog was satirical, and that the man himself has the right to say what he believes, then I can cope with that. To then follow that with what the author of the article believes to be unacceptable statements by people on here, is somewhat perverse, and shows a definitive lack of understanding of his own principles. Do those RM posters not also enjoy the same right? Or is the right to free speech only reserved for those whom he agrees with?

The second obvious point of bias in the article relates equally to the publishing of the posts that he doesn't like from RM. Throughout the earlier part of the article, he refers to the infamous blog, but does not pick out any of the lines within it, either to show it as offensive, or satirical. He steadfastly refuses to quote it, presumably because it would undermine his article, and show off the blogger as the hate-filled bigot that he is. Therefore, he should have only referred to RM and some posts he didn't like, rather than choosing to actually quote them.

All of this demonstrates a poorly argued piece, showing hypocrisy and a lack of principles. The author needs to ask himself what he would have thought if the opening of the blog referred to Brother Walfrid, or whatever, and ended with Hail, Hail. If he would have found that equally 'satirical', then I would have at least the ability to accept he believes his own argument, but I suspect he would have found it unacceptable in the extreme.

If he chooses to defend the blogger, then he would be far better to do so by acknowledging his faults, rather than painting him out as wholly good, and the Rangers support as wholly bad, which only goes to demonstrate an unbalanced argument, made by a closed mind.

I appreciate he is unlikely to be taking quotes from me, as they probably don't quite fit in with his view of us as a support, and that he seems to agree wholeheartedly with the perception in the 'satirical' blog as reality.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very well put together and balanced article from McConville, as ever.

Exactly what we have come to expect from him in fact. :rolleyes:

In honesty, I take his points on censorship and freedom of expression seriously. However there has to be a line drawn somewhere. McGiesagobble is clearly a bloke with a dubious c.v. and a questionable agenda. Wonder if McConville would be happy to see Sadam Hussein's "Genocide for Dummies" serialised in the press.

And as for Thomsom's endorsement of the book, well all I can say is that the guy must be a real sucker to get drawn into all this. I've never understood why a war correspondent would be called in to cover the administration story. Ye'd think they'd have a sporting bloke or a financial bloke or a legal bloke who might be more appropriate.

Following your previous reply suggesting sarcasm I would like to refer you to that well worn cliché of it being the lowest form of wit which you appear to be lacking in if you believe all the contrived crap that McConville continuously alleges as being fact on his blog. Alternatively, is it possible that you may be one of his sympathizers who condone all his polluted statements?

You are the only person from all the replies to have expressed any empathy for this bigot McConville.

The McConville references to freedom of expression are a joke coming from someone who doesnt even permit the same freedom of expression on his own blog, the hypocrite. For example if you choose the thumb down icon, which signifies disapproval of the thinly disguised lies in some of his articles or for any of the following comments from his fellow supposedly highbrow cohorts purporting support for the article and you later check his blog again, you will find that any thumb down selections have mysteriously disappeared resulting in the illusion that the consensus of opinion is in agreement with his trashy suggestions.

In addition, are you aware that the Roy Greenslade he refers to in his article is an outspoken Republican who is a near neighbor of Philmacgiollabhain in Gortahork, Donegal in the Republic of Ireland?

As for the insinuation that Alex Thomson was just being naïve for getting himself involved with this cabal of Rangers persecutors I wonder if he told his bank manager that when he stashed his nefarious reward for it in his account.

Finally, the so called satirical article written by Philmacgiollabhain suggests that he has a very limited literary ability in as much as the storyline has the appearance of having been plagiarized from a Philip K. Dick novel.

p.s It would appear that your cover has been blown

some of the posters on here are so full of hatred it's untrue, and should be ashamed of themselves. But they won't be.

However anyone with half a brain can see that 'satirical' piece by PMB is clearly seething with bile of its own and it's nonsense to suggest it's not and he's clearly not and never will be a reasonable or balanced reporter.

Welcome to the world of pathetic tit for tat bile of the Old Firm I guess. At least PMB can string two words together unlike the raging fucking idiots playing internet hardmen quoted in that article though.

Sizzling............try fizzling..........got there yet ? Now fuck off and die. Your favourite blogger is actually another lazy keyboard tapping bottom feeder that exemplifies UK journalism. We have the stories now before the journos get time to post the pish. This is the Bears Den now just gonnae fucking jog on

What happened there mate?

Phil Hall: “Maybe first Roy can tell us how he fixed the Spot the Ball competition when he was editor of the Daily Mirror.

Greenslade: “I’d like to sell as many books as possible, the full explanation is in my book: Maxwell’s Fall. It is the episode in journalism I absolutely feel terrible about. On behalf of my proprietor Robert Maxwell I fixed a game offering a million pounds to anyone who could spot the ball and ensured that no-one won. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa. And now that I’ve told the truth will Phil?

Source: http://blogs.pressgazette.co.uk/axegrinder/2011/10/07/axegrinder-at-leveson-phil-hall-does-a-lebedev-on-roy-greenslade/

There are many more articles out there referencing Greenslade's shame.

The biggest problem I have in this is the stench of utter hypocrisy.

I don't particularly object to the right of either crazy Celtic fans, or even neutrals to have a negative opinion of the club, or the support, for a variety of reasons in their mind. We can be too easily offended sometimes, just like others, and we can be offensive sometimes, just like others.

The problem with this article is in its entirely obvious, and apparently unashamed bias.

The right to free speech is not something which can be applicable only sometimes. On the basis that the infamous blog was satirical, and that the man himself has the right to say what he believes, then I can cope with that. To then follow that with what the author of the article believes to be unacceptable statements by people on here, is somewhat perverse, and shows a definitive lack of understanding of his own principles. Do those RM posters not also enjoy the same right? Or is the right to free speech only reserved for those whom he agrees with?

The second obvious point of bias in the article relates equally to the publishing of the posts that he doesn't like from RM. Throughout the earlier part of the article, he refers to the infamous blog, but does not pick out any of the lines within it, either to show it as offensive, or satirical. He steadfastly refuses to quote it, presumably because it would undermine his article, and show off the blogger as the hate-filled bigot that he is. Therefore, he should have only referred to RM and some posts he didn't like, rather than choosing to actually quote them.

All of this demonstrates a poorly argued piece, showing hypocrisy and a lack of principles. The author needs to ask himself what he would have thought if the opening of the blog referred to Brother Walfrid, or whatever, and ended with Hail, Hail. If he would have found that equally 'satirical', then I would have at least the ability to accept he believes his own argument, but I suspect he would have found it unacceptable in the extreme.

If he chooses to defend the blogger, then he would be far better to do so by acknowledging his faults, rather than painting him out as wholly good, and the Rangers support as wholly bad, which only goes to demonstrate an unbalanced argument, made by a closed mind.

I appreciate he is unlikely to be taking quotes from me, as they probably don't quite fit in with his view of us as a support, and that he seems to agree wholeheartedly with the perception in the 'satirical' blog as reality.

(tu)

In honesty, I take his points on censorship and freedom of expression seriously.

it would be nice if mcconville practiced what he fucking preached, though, wouldn't it!

my posts on his site were put up alright, but only after he fucking censored them!!!

this is a pathetic example he deemed needed censorship:

magobillygook's comment:

“Where they have burned books, they will end in burning human beings.”

– Heinrich Heine, 1823.

so i responded with:

– Heinrich Heine, 1823.

hmmm... so can we can extrapolate from this that the church of rome burned all the books before burning the witches"

and sarcastically concluded with..

"so phail, was Heine one of the good h*ns, then?"

mcconville edited it to;

– Heinrich Heine, 1823.

"hmmm..."

and furthermore, he was editing my posts and not indicating he had edited them (oh the ethics of it all)- until i complained about it.

so much for free speech, eh mcconville!

At least PMB can string two words together unlike the raging fucking idiots playing internet hardmen quoted in that article though.

:lol:

even scum supporters in the mcconville article are saying that they will not buy the book - not because of the merits of his analysis on Rangers, but for the simple fact that the wanker has trouble with his grammar, and stringing two words together!

Where was this stuff quoted?

Who the fuck is Paul McConville and why has he used my post on his website.

You should go on his website and ask him that, as well as wondering why Paul did not get your permission first (copyright??!!)

You should go on his website and ask him that, as well as wondering why Paul did not get your permission first (copyright??!!)

That's an interesting point. How does copyright law work on public message boards, surely if I sign up for a forum then my comments should be protected?

Zimbabwe?

Just noticed it's Namibia.

Yeah Namibia. Great how a country that is only 22 years old has given me, a foreigner (Scot), more democratic rights than I would have got in my own country?

Only two regrets of leaving the UK: 1) Can't get to the games (First Row/VIP Box to the rescue). 2) Nearest curry house is 1000 miles away in South Africa.

:21:

That's an interesting point. How does copyright law work on public message boards, surely if I sign up for a forum then my comments should be protected?

No idea on the legality of it but seeing as how so many stars (footballers especially) are being quoted, and prosecuted, from social media sites I am sure there are not that many rights once you put anything down in public.

:21:

Following your previous reply suggesting sarcasm I would like to refer you to that well worn cliché of it being the lowest form of wit which you appear to be lacking in if you believe all the contrived crap that McConville continuously alleges as being fact on his blog. Alternatively, is it possible that you may be one of his sympathizers who condone all his polluted statements?

You are the only person from all the replies to have expressed any empathy for this bigot McConville.

Blah blah blah....

p.s It would appear that your cover has been blown

Take a chill pill mate.

If you read the first few lines of the original post it tells you all you need to know about my opinions of this pair.

I happened to mention that I am a believer in free speech and you seem to be interpreting that as saying that I am some kind of undercover Tim.

I'll wager I've been supporting Rangers for a lot longer than you, by a margin of multiples.

it would be nice if mcconville practiced what he fucking preached, though, wouldn't

Well of course it would, but just because McConville's a bampot don't mean we all have to join in.

The behaviour you described just shows his hypocrisy but I still have to believe in freedom of speech.

The way to fight these guys is for us to support and spread the utterances of some supportive publicists like Chris Graham (in particular), Bill McMurdo and even Leggat (more comedian than journalist). There's a lot of good stuff on The Rangers Standard on all that's gone on.

Supporting free speech is in no way an endorsement of McConville or his ilk.

Well of course it would, but just because McConville's a bampot don't mean we all have to join in.

The behaviour you described just shows his hypocrisy but I still have to believe in freedom of speech.

The way to fight these guys is for us to support and spread the utterances of some supportive publicists like Chris Graham (in particular), Bill McMurdo and even Leggat (more comedian than journalist). There's a lot of good stuff on The Rangers Standard on all that's gone on.

as you can see, though, from the responses you've received some have inferred, erroneously as it turns out, that you were praising mcconville in this respect.

excellent post (tu)

It doesnt we get a message when we sign up saying all our posts are in the public domain and can be uses against us and there's another part of the warning to about Rangersmedia helping out with any police investigation needed etc.

I'm delighted that the thieving bigot McConville hates RangersMedia and that we get right under his skin. (tu)

His life revolves around hating Rangers. Hate, hate hate. That seems to be the only thing that keeps him alive.

Take a chill pill mate.

If you read the first few lines of the original post it tells you all you need to know about my opinions of this pair.

I happened to mention that I am a believer in free speech and you seem to be interpreting that as saying that I am some kind of undercover Tim.

I'll wager I've been supporting Rangers for a lot longer than you, by a margin of multiples.

Here is a copy of the first few lines of your original post.

‘A very well put together and balanced article from McConville, as ever.

Exactly what we have come to expect from him in fact.’

Blah,blah,blah,blah.

Yep, that certainly tells me all I need to know about your opinion of McConville the bigot.

I think you would lose your wager in comparing the length of time you have been a Rangers supporter, because, without getting too involved in any mathematics, in all probability you would be living beyond the life expectancy of any normal human being.

By the way, it's very chilly where I am right now.

Here is a copy of the first few lines of your original post.

‘A very well put together and balanced article from McConville, as ever.

Exactly what we have come to expect from him in fact.’

Blah,blah,blah,blah.

Yep, that certainly tells me all I need to know about your opinion of McConville the bigot.

I think you would lose your wager in comparing the length of time you have been a Rangers supporter, because, without getting too involved in any mathematics, in all probability you would be living beyond the life expectancy of any normal human being.

By the way, it's very chilly where I am right now.

Like I said before, you don't recognise sarcasm. Also it seems you are not too good at reading (I blame the schools) or you'd have picked up on the wee smiley after my first 2 sentences.

Anyhow, you think what you like.

And if it's that chilly, get yourself an extra sheet of cardboard.