Ian Redford,hero!

hammer93

To younger bears you may ask who and the older bears why, the answer is simple!

When Redford grabbed the ball in the last minute of the 81 cup final i sat and held

my breath he stepped up an missed the kick to win the cup.

My anger soon turned to joy as my old man promised to take us to the replay happy days.

The 1st game was poor probably due to the fact my real hero coops had been dropped?

The coops was reinstated and him and Bobby Russel tore utd to shreds as we hammered

them 4-1, im sure that day that fucker jobby hands had finally croaked it and the bears

belted out the famous chicken supper song.

Happy days for this 10yr old but i owe it all to Mr Redford.

WATP :clap: :clap:

To younger bears you may ask who and the older bears why, the answer is simple!

When Redford grabbed the ball in the last minute of the 81 cup final i sat and held

my breath he stepped up an missed the kick to win the cup.

My anger soon turned to joy as my old man promised to take us to the replay happy days.

The 1st game was poor probably due to the fact my real hero coops had been dropped?

The coops was reinstated and him and Bobby Russel tore utd to shreds as we hammered

them 4-1, im sure that day that fucker jobby hands had finally croaked it and the bears

belted out the famous chicken supper song.

Happy days for this 10yr old but i owe it all to Mr Redford.

WATP :clap: :clap:

Sat in the North Stand,also as an impressionable 10 year old. Remember Jim Stewart playing a blinder in goal, and the fans chanting his name. Strangely, recall there being one heck of a thunderstorm late on that night while we were driving home!

I was in the Rangers end and remember that well. Hamish dived to his left, but saved it with his legs.

Redford had already scored a beauty of a penalty a couple of weeks earlier against Scumdee at Ibrox at the Copland Rd end.

Was gutted he missed, but the replay on the Wednesday night was amazing.

The first game was uninspiring with Utd maybe shading it .Redford missed the pen but I could hardly say we deserved to win the match in the beautiful sunshine.The replay was a different matter .Coop had been brought back into side and I'll never forget the moment he scored the first goal and we all went ape shit in the Rangers end.His face and expression was one of those defining moments and as a young boy will stay with me till day I die .There are many of course but this moment always makes me shed a tear for my hero more than others .Not sure why but one thing was certain .Davie Cooper gave a master class that evening as we thrashed Utd 4-1 and I wish the great man was here today to talk up our beloved club