The strange case of the SFA President and an EBT.

ray

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

like the brazilian tarrier ? how can ogilvie have no case to answer thet didn't have all the "evidence" a few months ago and he was in the MIH scheme same as everyone else.

Al have a look later, but I'm positive I mind reading "ogilvie was proved to have done no wrong" or something along those lines

Wouldn't that just be one more thing Rangers were punished for. ? :anguish:

It's the SPL hounding us about it anyway, and not the SFA. They, wisely for once, quietly dropped any interest during the takeover turmoil.

If only the SPL had done the same, scottish football wouldn't be about to implode.

I am not concerned who is doing the hounding, I am concerned that an sfa official is not receiving the kangaroo's attention as we are.

STEWART REGAN insists SFA president Campbell Ogilvie has no case to answer over the Rangers EBT scandal.

Ogilvie pocketed £95,000 from the scheme when he was Ibrox secretary.

There have been calls for him to quit the SFA or be booted out but Regan swears he did nothing wrong.

Speaking yesterday at the association’s agm at Hampden, the chief executive revealed they were not pursuing Ogilvie and said his position was not under threat.

Regan said: “The president has no case to answer and he is not being pursued.

“The SFA board has considered all the facts and the president has done all that can be expected of him.

“Campbell has taken himself away from the SFA’s decision making process since February 14, the day Rangers went into administration.

“We have no issue with him and there is no reason why he shouldn’t continue as president of the SFA.”

Ogilvie’s critics reckon his position must become untenable if an SPL probe reveals Rangers used the EBT scheme to avoid paying income tax.

However, Regan said: “Campbell was Rangers’ secretary but he wasn’t involved in any of the correspondence relating to players’ EBTs.

“That was done much higher up the chain of command and we are satisfied the president has disclosed all of the facts as he knows them to us.

“The SFA board see his integrity as being intact and they are happy he’s done nothing wrong.”

Regan denied the beaks will go easy on Rangers.

He said: “There will be no deals. This is an independent process and it has to continue.

“I can say that hand on heart and now it’s a case of what will be, will be.”

From here

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/sfa-insist-they-will-take-no-action-1128604

I am not concerned who is doing the hounding, I am concerned that an sfa official is not receiving the kangaroo's attention as we are.

For an SFA official to be treated the same way that The Rangers are being treated by the kangaroo court, the words 'insider anti-Rangers stitch-up' would need to be dropped from the proceedings.

That won't happen though.

So we have rhegan deciding on ogilvie bliar deciding on the tarrier and a kangaroo set up feciding on us a scheme which ogilvie was a membrr of, a lawyers clerk would drive a bus through this fuck up.

An ocean-going oil tanker could sail through this fuck-up.

Why would he get attention when the Rangers players didn't ?

Like the players, it is Rangers who would cop for his EBT if required.

I totally agree this is a kangaroo court intent on suicidal action, but the tims have sought to drag Ogilvie into this often enough.

That says it all about how much that would help us.

Would you like Ogilvie removed ?

Are you for real, they are investigating the club for alleged illegal payments to players, why not ogilvie he was part of the same scheme or does sfa/spl regulations not extend to officisls.

As for removing him I doubt they will, he is obviously a useful tool for rhegan.

recieving an EBT isn't a problem, certainly not for board-room level staff. It's just a question of if the payments players got were non-contractual.

It is really astonishing the amount of ignorance amongst our support, regarding the offences relating to EBTs, allegedly committed by Rangers.

Our alleged offence is simply one of non declaration of "payments" to players.

Are you for real, they are investigating the club for alleged illegal payments to players, why not ogilvie he was part of the same scheme or does sfa/spl regulations not extend to officisls.

As for removing him I doubt they will, he is obviously a useful tool for rhegan.

It was the club who administered Ogilvie's as well.

It sounds like you'd like to see Rangers charged with that as well.

The investigation only concerns payments to players so Ogilvie wouldn't be included. Even if he was, it would only be more trouble for Rangers.

Ogilvie is the only man with even a remote connection to Rangers left in the SFA, which is why many have tried to drag him into the EBT debacle in the hopes of getting him removed.

Which team do you reckon they'd call on to fill his job ?

I would laugh but the ease with which some accept that kangaroo courts are ok for The Rangers, but others can be declared to have no case to answer without any public scrutiny bheggars belief.

Who would they replace ogilvie with ? you think ogilvie is going to help us, when he is in a tarrier controlled system and taking their coin. if ogilvie has no case to answer neither do we, amazingly some here agree with rhegan, who would have thought it.

if ogilvie has no case to answer neither do we

You don't see the difference?

Ogilvie isn't a player and therefore his contract of employment was nothing to do with the SFA or the SPL. That is why there is no case to answer. Stunned you refuse to see that.

Juhnino is VERY different, that should have been investigated by the same people who investigated the Rangers case, but they couldn't because that was Septics lawyers and so there would be a clear conflict of interest thus highlighting the SPL's ineptitude.

There is no difference the EBT FTTT is about payments made to emplyees as administered by MIH, The Rangers being part of MIH and part of the EBT scheme.

The sfa/spl have chosen to target players rather than any other football related personas, I am in no doubt they will have their obviouly flawed witch hunt against players laughed out of any legislative court.

The sfa/spl have chosen to target players rather than any other football related personas, I am in no doubt they will have their obviouly flawed witch hunt against players laughed out of any legislative court.

Obviously, and the reason for that?

Because they are investigating if we have infringed their rules on full disclosure of payments made to "players".