MarkHately on the present team

ray

No argument there, we are as I said a Ferrari against wheelbarrows, maybe I just have higher expectations of The Rangers in which to all intents and purposes should be a one sided contest..........otherwise we are spunking sphell wages for a third rate product, like Hately said "under false pretences"

A little stat I am sure you will enjoy.

After Barcelona's 1-0 loss to Chelsea in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal despite maintaing 79 percent of possession, Andres Iniesta labeled the match "unjust." :cgreen:

How many years has the core of that team being playing together?

I will leave you to your window cleaning, the bold may have been a hint in the original post, also the score, didn't you like the 79% stat, people who think that or expect those kind of % figures obviously according to you know nothing. Like I said I will leave you to your window licking. :cgreen:

After Barcelona's 1-0 loss to Chelsea in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal despite maintaing 79 percent of possession, Andres Iniesta labeled the match "unjust." :sherlock:

the only stat we should be thinking about at the moment is scoring 1 more than the other team

fuck percentage stats etc

score one more than the other team

if we play well in the process then fine.if not then 3 points first and foremost

also if ray thinks our team is a ferrari then me thinks hes the window licker

the only stat we should be thinking about at the moment is scoring 1 more than the other team

That's the attitude which has taken Scottish football to such a low point. Football is a lot deeper than that and it's also the same at Scottish youth levels where they should be taught how to play properly and not kick and rush in the hope you score 1 more than the other team. A winning mentality is only one part of a skillset needed to be a good footballer.

I just wish we had someone with a vision in Scotland to move it passed this simplistic attitude to football.

That's the attitude which has taken Scottish football to such a low point. Football is a lot deeper than that and it's also the same at Scottish youth levels where they should be taught how to play properly and not kick and rush in the hope you score 1 more than the other team. A winning mentality is only one part of a skillset needed to be a good footballer.

I just wish we had someone with a vision in Scotland to move it passed this simplistic attitude to football.

Did i mention that i think that should be the way for scottish youth level,,i said thats the only stat rangers after 2 wins and 4 draws this season should be thinking about,,,,so dont put words into my mouth,,,,if ally can start winning away from home by a 1-0 2-1 3-2 scoreline then the good football should follow,,,,as football is a results business then surely a win is priority and then we can think about playing well,,,,I MEAN RANGERS NOT SCOTTISH YOUTH FOOTBALL,,,,

I agree.

Yes results are important but when you are building a team for the future and moving through the lower divisions then the way in which you do so in terms of football on show is pretty important too.

The situation we found ourselves in was rubbish but we accepted it because it would mean a new start, a chance to bleed in the youth while moving on from the hoof ball football we had put up with for a number of years. We brought in a very good standard of player in terms of where we are and thus many thought the football on show would be at the very least watchable, what we have been served up however at times has been dire.

Not many teams get the chance to redevelop in the way we are just now, ok we would all rather be at the top but what we have just now is a chance to implement a new DNA into the way we play out football.

Let’s get it done.

fuck percentage stats etc

score one more than the other team

if we play well in the process then fine.if not then 3 points first and foremost

also if ray thinks our team is a ferrari then me thinks hes the window licker

but... but... the best team of all time almost managed 80% possession in a game one time :lol:

Barcelona over a season average possession at just under 70%. The discrepency in quality, wages, top-level experience between Barca & some of the teams at lower end of La Liga (Such valladolid who dont even have 4 stands) is much greater than us vs Div 3 sides.

Next best stat in europe is Bayern munich who averaged around 64% i think last season.

anyone who thinks we should be hitting 80% possession on a regualr basis againt even amateur teams such as Forres Mechanics isnt even qualified enough to watch football, elt alone pass comment on it, or have a fuckin article published.

I agree.

Yes results are important but when you are building a team for the future and moving through the lower divisions then the way in which you do so in terms of football on show is pretty important too.

The situation we found ourselves in was rubbish but we accepted it because it would mean a new start, a chance to bleed in the youth while moving on from the hoof ball football we had put up with for a number of years. We brought in a very good standard of player in terms of where we are and thus many thought the football on show would be at the very least watchable, what we have been served up however at times has been dire.

Not many teams get the chance to redevelop in the way we are just now, ok we would all rather be at the top but what we have just now is a chance to implement a new DNA into the way we play out football.

Let’s get it done.

Agree but if we dont win games then we wont get out the league,,,,also after 2 wins and 4 draws we cant afford to be complain if we play good football or not,,,,i seem to remember following my team to a uefa cup final by playing what was called anti-football,,,,what im saying is a win is priority and if we play well in the process then thats a BONUS,,,

Agree but if we dont win games then we wont get out the league,,,,also after 2 wins and 4 draws we cant afford to be complain if we play good football or not,,,,i seem to remember following my team to a uefa cup final by playing what was called anti-football,,,,what im saying is a win is priority and if we play well in the process then thats a BONUS,,,

Indeed.

Although I would think it would be a miracle if we didn’t get out of this league considering we will beat 90% of teams at Ibrox even if we don’t play particularly well. I mean we played the worst football I have seen in years the other night and were 30 secs from a win.

I really don’t think it’s asking much at this level to play a good brand of football while getting results.