The "Ally out" brigade

FernandoR20

Brilliant night and good to see our makeshift team do so well against the top team in SPL table.

I know it has been said before; however, critics of Ally have to understand we don't support him as a manager because he was the greatest striker in our history, or because he was massive during the crisis months when few were standing up to be counted.

We support him as a manager because we believe he has everything it takes to return us to our rightful place at the top.

He lost most of his top players and had to do a tremendous job convincing the players we now have to come here. He is developing young guys on the training ground into great performers on the park, and he is lifting the players to get results like last night.

Yes there will be hurdles along the way, it was never going to be as easy as everyone thought before the first ball was kicked in division three.

Playing against guys, who to them, a Rangers match will be the biggest event of their lives. Playing on pitches were silky football, and long accurate passes on the ground is impossible because of the state of the grass/artificial surface. Injuries from players who are not used to the speed of players at our level, and playing on smaller pitches meaning they don't have the space to outclass opponents the same way as we can at Ibrox.

Ally will work his way through all these issues, and we can be sure that after settling in time these away games will produce the results we expect.

In the meantime when we do get the odd shock result like QOS, we need to show Ally that we are fully behind him, and know that as a supporter, he hurts just as much, if not more, than we do. It's in those times he needs our support the most.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting slated by a few for simply sticking up for the manager that was recieving pelters last week and wondering where the culprits were now that he pulled off a brilliant result?

My post was aimed at those telling him to get to fuck NOT the ones criticising his tactics, theres nothing wrong with criticism.

Some of you need to dry your eyes and realise that all i'm doing is sticking up for our manager that's recieved unfair treatment from some 'fans' this season.

The ones telling Ally to get to fuck won't be on here to see your thread. No way Timmy puts his head above the parapet after last nights result.

Just glad I don't have to endure any more head in the sand comments from posters for sticking up for ally for now ;)

Let this team gel and who knows where our young lads will take us in years to come, I know it's looking very promising.

How predictable was this thread..

Opportunism at it's worst.

To be fair, this thread is no more opertunistic than the countless threads slating ally when he dropped points.

Im guessing this thread was aimed more towards guys like tiebreak, jorga bear, sasssaaaa and the like, who have nothing positive to add.....and not aimed at good bears like simplythebest who have been rightfully venting.

Ally is not imune to critisism, but its very telling that when we drop points, there are tons of threads slating the man, and on a night like tonight there was TWO threads praising him, neither of which have anywhere near the trafffic that the negative threads get

/rant.

To be fair, this thread is no more opertunistic than the countless threads slating ally when he dropped points.

Im guessing this thread was aimed more towards guys like tiebreak, jorga bear, sasssaaaa and the like, who have nothing positive to add.....and not aimed at good bears like simplythebest who have been rightfully venting.

Ally is not imune to critisism, but its very telling that when we drop points, there are tons of threads slating the man, and on a night like tonight there was TWO threads praising him, neither of which have anywhere near the trafffic that the negative threads get

/rant.

And your guess was correct.

Good that you understand where i'm coming from.

/rant.

Do you know what's telling? Whenever we drop points this forum goes into performance mode, when we win and win well it carries on as normal.

What does that tell you?

/rant.

i was told last week that i wasn't allowed to criticise ally. Last night i was told i wasn't allowed to praise him

the one track mind fans on here that cannot see wrong in anything, have this belief that they run the Fucking show.

i was told last week that i wasn't allowed to criticise ally. Last night i was told i wasn't allowed to praise him

the one track mind fans on here that cannot see wrong in anything, have this belief that they run the Fucking show.

You just made that up, didn't you?

Forums bring out extremes; anger joy, depression elation. Bad result and bad performance; the manager is at fault, good win and great performance "manager praised" and we get the "told you he is great"

From my point I think a lot of the criticism was due to performance, tactics and whether the players were giving their best for team and manager.

This was one game where attitude, work rate and adaptation of the abilities on show came together and let,s see if we see the same in away games to balance opinions.

I'll say again that Ally needs time to get it right and he'll get that in the 3rd division. While it was a great performance on the pitch, it was largely due to the fact Sandaza got injured and McCoist had to put McCulloch up front.

For me, the game changed quite noticeably when McCulloch moved up front and Hutton came on. All of a sudden our midfield was more mobile and able to harass the Motherwell mids and we bossed the game. McCulloch cannot do that in midfield, he is too static and slow. He is however, 10x the player Sandaza is up front and that is where he should start.

McCoist still has a lot to learn, hopefully last night shows him where McCulloch needs to play and that Hutton should start next to Macleod, with Shiels, Aird and Templeton (when fit in front of him).

I'd like to see this team get a run out

Alexander

Argyriou Perry Cribari Wallce

Hutton Macleod

Aird Shiels Templeton

McCulloch

I think its important to differentiate between criticism of McCoist and those 187 (circa) people who voted they wanted him out.

People are perfectly entitled to criticise him, but what is completely out of order IMO is those who want him out, where is the loyalty in that? A couple of draws and a defeat at home in a lower league cup FFS.

How fickle are they? Frankly its embarrassing.

sorry buddy thats just bullshit.

I posted in your thread last night saying you werw spot on ....and i debated with you last week without telling you that you were not allowed an opinion. The victim card does not wash with me im afraid.

I think its important to differentiate between criticism of McCoist and those 187 (circa) people who voted they wanted him out.

People are perfectly entitled to criticise him, but what is completely out of order IMO is those who want him out, where is the loyalty in that? A couple of draws and a defeat at home in a lower league cup FFS.

How fickle are they? Frankly its embarrassing.

(tu) he has a lot to learn but some of the bashing goes way OTT.