Charles Green at RST agm

BEARGER

Couple of others things he said on Friday night that I've been thinking about. I do believe he plays to the gallery and says things he thinks we want to hear.

1. Talking about the future and players we should sign. He lauded to our scouting in USA plus looking at India and China. He said (I'm will to be corrected) that the Chinese guy Celtc signed (Zheng?) made them £60M in shirt sales! Also said that Manu made plenty out of a very poor player in Park.

2. He made the point that this month was the first he was paid a wage since coming to Rangers and he was due 10% of the club. Now I thought he said when he took over that there would be no wage for him, just the 10% when his people sold.

No big deal but things are changing.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very poor player in park thank fuck he's the chairman because he knows fuck all about football players.Park is not a very poor player by any standards

Guy sitting a couple of seats from me ( big English bear) said in a stage whisper "rubbish". To be fair CG also said I have know nothing about football I'm a horse racing man.

Couple of others things he said on Friday night that I've been thinking about. I do believe he plays to the gallery and says things he thinks we want to hear.

1. Talking about the future and players we should sign. He lauded to our scouting in USA plus looking at India and China. He said (I'm will to be corrected) that the Chinese guy Celtc signed (Zheng?) made them £60M in shirt sales! Also said that Manu made plenty out of a very poor player in Park.

2. He made the point that this month was the first he was paid a wage since coming to Rangers and he was due 10% of the club. Now I thought he said when he took over that there would be no wage for him, just the 10% when his people sold.

No big deal but things are changing.

There is no way on gods earth did hellik make 60m on shirt sales over one player..There would be a que to sign chinese player if that was the case.

Guy sitting a couple of seats from me ( big English bear) said in a stage whisper "rubbish". To be fair CG also said I have know nothing about football I'm a horse racing man.

He's needing tae get the tips out then a could be doing with a few winners

If you were sat at the back it was me that said it. Park was highly regarded at United and was signed from PSV!

I may also have seen CG play football when he was a semi pro at Cheltenham in the eartly '80s (still to check but I was definitely went to Whaddon Road to watch Bedford Town at that time).

If you were sat at the back it was me that said it. Park was highly regarded at United and was signed from PSV!

I may also have seen CG play football when he was a semi pro at Cheltenham in the eartly '80s (still to check but I was definitely went to Whaddon Road to watch Bedford Town at that time).

Aye I was at the back. Women next to you, then a guy, then me in end seat. Small world eh!

Aye I was at the back. Women next to you, then a guy, then me in end seat. Small world eh!

It sure is. He did say he wasn't as good as Giggs but sold more shirts which redeemed him a bit after my initial exclamation. I know the point he was making but Dong Fangzhou would have been a much better example, he was much worse than Zheng even!!

Couple of other statements he made that did not quite go together. When talking about finances he said that being in the 3rd division he should have made 25% of staff redundant. He did not do this because the staff were very good and did not want to be in a position in a few years of having to try and get replacements when we are back at the top. He also stated more than once that we would never rejoin the SPL as long as he is CEO. Could be he knows something or he could resign of course.

He said (I'm will to be corrected) that the Chinese guy Celtc signed (Zheng?) made them £60M in shirt sales! Also said that Manu made plenty out of a very poor player in Park.

So how many high profile Chinese players are likely to be lining up to play in the Scottish Third Division. Does Green know anything about our situation?

And yer point is...?

My point is that Rangers situation is that we play our football in the Scottish Third Division. ManU play their football in the English Premier league where there is a huge world following for A listed international players. Celtic's situation is what it is because of their position in the SPL.

It would be fantastic if we could attract huge chinese interest to the Scottish Third division. But I suspect it would take more than a few words from Mr Green to make that happen for Rangers. My point is therefore none of these things have anything at all to do with Rangers.

CG was talking about future potential, we are all fully aware of our current position. These links take some time to develop but, a further point was made about the international attention our situation has created. Did you think Black, Wallace and Templeton would be playing 3rd Division football? You really need to have heard the comments in the context they were made.

Good point. Sadly, I wasn't there. But I would love to be able to read minutes, or a transcript of the meeting so that I can make my own mind up about Mr Green. Am I alone in thinking the quote about Chinese players sounds like empty promises. Maybe Mr. Green could wait to make these statements until we are in a realistic position to transfer these players in. Comments like these only fuel the frustrations of those who say they are loyal to Rangers but who have no loyalty to the club whatsoever?

IMHO There is not enough credit given to these players for supporting Rangers at this time. I think they deserve our continued loyalty as much as super Ally for their commitment and loyalty to this club.

He was illustrating a point about the size of the Asian market, which the club are looking at trying to get in to. I wholeheartedly agree with you about the players, especially in Lee Wallaces case. The committment of everyone at the club, at every level, is to be applauded.

Aye true.

You never replied to my question .re that charlatan still being a spokesman for the trustless trust after his behaviour in doing the wrong bouncy..................................

Again as a member do you think this man should have been kicked out on his arse?