long ball football

hammer93

This is not a defence for saturdays performance but the pitch on saturday was shocking.

Every pass the players tried resulted in the ball bobbling like fuck, is it any wonder

we result to lumping it long, no excuse i know but at ibrox we play it on the deck a lot more.

The 'poor, bobbly surface' is one of the worst excuses in football. It's not like we're asking them to control a rugby ball bobbling all over the fucking place. Especially the fact that 4 (I think it's 4) teams in the 3rd division play on astro pitches now which will be completely flat.

Long ball football is horrendous no matter what way you put it, play fast passing football against these teams and they'll be fucked by half time, they have not stamina etc.

We play right into their hands when we play long ball football that's the sort of football their use to.

I thought in the second half we controlled the game playing the ball on the deck, I'm surprised so many see us playing long ball even when we aren't.

With the players currently in the Squad like Aird and Shiels we seem to be playing less long ball stuff.

Even the worst pitches these days are like bowling greens compared to how pitches used to be, so i dont think thats the reason. We have done this long ball thing for years.and the fans have moaned about it for years, for some reason it keeps happening.

Got to get two up front against these wee teams, as for the pitch it is the same for both teams so better players should be able to master the conditions more effectively. Don't go for this poor pitch as an excuse.

Long ball was because of the big gap between our midfield and forwards making it easier for them to shut us down particularly as we were so one sided coming forward, in the second half at least, missed the first.

I thought in the second half we controlled the game playing the ball on the deck, I'm surprised so many see us playing long ball even when we aren't.

With the players currently in the Squad like Aird and Shiels we seem to be playing less long ball stuff.

I don't think there's any urgency about our play though, look at the Murderwell game we were right in their faces at the very start of the game and that set the tempo for the rest of the game where we fully controlled it and outplayed them, there's no reason we cant do it against part timers.

1...our display on Saturday was woeful

2....long ball football is not always neanderthal....how many times was Beckham praised for a 60 yard diagonal ball into the box?

theres more to 'long ball' than most people think.

If it works....use it.

I dont want to see every goal 'passed' into the net after 26 intricate passes.

Loosen up guys about this 'long ball doesnt work' ANYTIME. It does.....sometimes.