Glasgow Rangers Valuation!

60 mill pays for the stadium etc, playing squad worth next to nothing - deliberate ploy to make the club more affordable to sell

the squad will be worth about £12million tbh, ferguson making up most of that. ferguson,hutton,boyd,hemdani and thomson are the only players i think we would get over a million for

More around 50/60m I would think. Huge club, great stadium, almost guaranteed CL qualification, murray park, great facilities, worldwide fanbase.

Plus I wonder if Murray would sell at the exact amount the club is worth.

Apparently he would accept £60m.

He's made enough out of the club, why does he have to sell for 10x what he bought it for ?

With Murray Park and Ibrox and then the squad and the marketing potential, CL football etc I would guess were taking in the region of £80million.

This is the answer, its £80 million to buy out the majority shareholder

Erm, I think he probably means Murray selling the Albion Car park to PPG, Murray previously being involved in Azure Catering and Murray selling Edmiston House to RHL as well as outsourcing our website and retail to PremiumTV and JJB respectively.

As well as the steel for the club deck, increased business and profile exposure for his Rangers associations, there is no doubt SDM has done pretty well out of Rangers.

As for an accurate valuation of the club well that would have to take in a number of factors. Apart from the stadium and Murray Park, there are no assests (our players are not included). The stadium is not worth as much as one may think (considering it's location) but MP is worth a fair amount of money (cosidering it's location).

Ergo, one may say that the club is not worth much at all when one figures in the existing debts (increasing again). Certainly the chairman could not ask anything like the figures expressed in this thread.

I'm not going to try and put a figure on it, suffice to say that the club has become a much more saleable commodity over the last three years, which would suggest that SDM is very close to selling considering it has been steadily turned round over that period if you study the figures.

Cash at bank and in hand is considerably stronger now than it has been in at least 10 years.

Net Assets figure grown steadily to a figure of 79M (less current and future liabilities due within a year)

Tangible Assets has hovered around the £125 - 127M figure for about the last three years however that will grow (even if the profit margin lessens this year) with the increase in number of seats.

Intangible assets is almost negligible in comparison (tobe expected) at about £6M.

Total Assets however are about £132M which is a sizeable amount.

Lastly, it also appears to have been operating a positive cashflow since FY 2005 which is also imperitive to a sale.

All in, SDM and JM seems to have been doing a good job the last four years turning the financial fortunes around. Pity the other side of things has had to suffer - makes you appreciate how good a job McLeish did bringing this type of success whilst SDM made the radical financial changes necessary.

Erm, I think he probably means Murray selling the Albion Car park to PPG, Murray previously being involved in Azure Catering and Murray selling Edmiston House to RHL as well as outsourcing our website and retail to PremiumTV and JJB respectively.

None of which could be described accurately as asset stripping.

Your point was...

None of which could be described accurately as asset stripping.

Your point was...

So you think profitable assets being sold off to companies with debatable interests isn't worth questioning?

Certainly if I were an interested buyer, I'd be worried at the lack of scope for further investment into the club. I think that's a very valid point. The very fact SDM has still not found a buyer despite the club being for sale for around 2 years proves that.

I'd love to see the results of due dilligence on Rangers. Would make very interesting reading and might further explain the lack of offers on the table.

So you think profitable assets being sold off to companies with debatable interests isn't worth questioning?

Certainly if I were an interested buyer, I'd be worried at the lack of scope for further investment into the club. I think that's a very valid point. The very fact SDM has still not found a buyer despite the club being for sale for around 2 years proves that.

I'd love to see the results of due dilligence on Rangers. Would make very interesting reading and might further explain the lack of offers on the table.

Okay Frankie, I'll bite.

Murray selling the Albion Car park to PPG - was this an outright sale or a long-term lease

Murray previously being involved in Azure Catering - what has this to do with stripping assets?

Murray selling Edmiston House to RHL - exactly how big a part did Edmiston House play on the balance sheet for RFC and do we really miss it?

My original response was questioning the phrase used by the other guy who called it asset stripping - yet you went on to talk about Murray using MIM to help build Ibrox and so on and so forth - which I found a bit confusing and irrelevant.

As I stated earlier, the tangible assets at RFC remain healthy and considerable.

So he sold Edmiston House - but we got Murray Park.

Which would you prefer?

As well as the steel for the club deck, increased business and profile exposure for his Rangers associations, there is no doubt SDM has done pretty well out of Rangers.

As for an accurate valuation of the club well that would have to take in a number of factors. Apart from the stadium and Murray Park, there are no assests (our players are not included). The stadium is not worth as much as one may think (considering it's location) but MP is worth a fair amount of money (cosidering it's location).

Ergo, one may say that the club is not worth much at all when one figures in the existing debts (increasing again). Certainly the chairman could not ask anything like the figures expressed in this thread.

murray owns RHL am sure a work for them so am told

I'm not trying to get anyone to bite... just asking a few questions that many Rangers fans have. I'm certainly not the biggest business brain on here so I'll defer to those of us who are... I'll write some of my own musings though for interests sake... :D

1. Albion car park - I think this was a sale however, I could be wrong as I'm sure I heard a rumour about this reverting back to the club sometime soon. Certainly PPG (that's Premier Property Group owned by Murray International Holdings) have made a lot of money out of the deal which I'd have preferred stayed in house.

2. Again, Azure make a lot of money from the club through their catering contract. I wish that we did this ourselves. Without DD I don't know the details of the contract but it's another asset a new buyer can't work on. Same as the JJB retail deal which the results of are still aren't clear this early into the deal.

3. Edmiston House didn't play a large part on the balance sheet. But if RHL really wanted it we could have rented it to them allowing us to use the ground for future projects if required. Selling on the cheap to another MIH company won't enthuse buyers I wouldn't have thought.

4. I think the guy (and others) have questioned the money SDM (via MIH) has made from his time at Rangers. The steel tender (which MIM won) was relevant to that debate (although admittedly not the previous post).

5. Could we not build Murray Park and keep Edmiston House? Of course we could - that's a bizarre analogy to make!

As I sated earlier the tangible assets in Rangers FC are not all that considerable when one considers the lack of manovere available to any prospective buyer. Only Ibrox Stadium and Murray Park are really worth anything and the value of Ibrox is questionable given it's locus. It also wouldn't surprise me to see MP be a makeweight in any potential takeover of the club. In addition our debt is increasing again, our turnover is down, our profit is down - we will make a substantial loss this season and our share price has plummeted as a result.

None of these facts (which can't be hidden by creative accounting) will attract a buyer. Our assets are limited and that obvious fact is why SDM cannot sell the club despite trying his very best to do so.

murray owns RHL am sure a work for them so am told

Thanks Bkay. Dont know if this is true or not but useful if it is.

If he does own if it I doubt very much it was re-registered as an RFC asset therefore it would only be availble for sale as business going concern

Could be wrong though - he could have bought it under another RFC group name. Frankie should be able to tell us this.

Cheers