The Deserters- Can/Will they make it up to us in the future?

OlegKuznetsov

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The press conference did it for me.

I would have understood if they said wanted to move on and further their career at a higher level than the Third Division.

I would have believed them and respected their honesty if they said the extra money and security had motivated their choice.

This would apply to almost all footballers.

I would have felt some sympathy and respected their honesty if they said they had become disillusioned by previous owners and lack of contact from the current owner.

I would have said thank you and good luck if they said they had good times at the club, respected the fans and regretted leaving.

I would have appreciated them if they said that they would only transfer if we made some money as Boca and the like did.

I would have remembered them if they said we were a great club that one day they would like to return to the club.

I would have loved them if they said they wanted to continue playing for the club and would try as hard as they could to do this.

But no, at the lowest point of our fortunes, and when the fans needed their respect, they turned round and said that, to them, Rangers and its history was dead.

That is why i will never forgive them.

Probably, football fans are fickle. I remember the outrage when Kenny Miller signed for us again, the vast majority was won over when he started scoring regularly. The same would happen if, say, Naismith resigns at some point.

Fishing ? When Naismith said our club and history was dead he gave up any option of return for this Bear.

For talking sake say all the players transfered over and we couldnt sell them ? What would have happened then ? Straight back into Admin. Like it or not the traitors may have done us a favour :power_of_anguish: .

Well lets look at the players who did transfer over, some of whom weren't regulars, we managed to move them on so I'm pretty sure we coulda moved on players of that quality for 1 million or so

Probably, football fans are fickle. I remember the outrage when Kenny Miller signed for us again, the vast majority was won over when he started scoring regularly.

Not me. I appreciated his goals but Miller was nothing more than a whore, paid to make us feel good. I can't trust or respect anyone who played/plays or was/is connected to them. Shows something is not right in their head.

Not me. I appreciated his goals but Miller was nothing more than a whore, paid to make us feel good. I can't trust or respect anyone who played/plays or was/is connected to them. Shows something is not right in their head.

Appreciating his goals in more than enough.

I would let Ally resign Na****th in a few years (after his Everton career has gone to shit) but only on a 'pay as you play' deal.

Ally can then do a Matt McKay on him and leave him on his arse every week. I'm sure he'll still have some if his generous Everton signing on fee to tide him over. Should never wear a Rangers shirt again, not even to watch a game down the pub.

The press conference was the worst part. Claiming we had no history was playing straight into the critics hands.

They were badly advised but the reasons for leaving are their own.

They were not badly advised if you think about it.

They are getting more money so for them and their advisers it was good business.

It was however morally wrong to shit on the club and they should never imo be allowed anywhere near Rangers again.

I don't see the point in differentiating between Paysmith and the rest.

They all did exactly the same to us, why is he treated different. They're all dicks, end of.

So what if he spent more time on the treatment table, that's just the way it goes.

I'll blame him for deserting but not for being injured.

I will always remember Batistuta staying with Fiorentina when they were relegated. Every top club in Europe wanted him. He chose to stay. He scored the goals that got them back up. There is a statue of him outside the stadium (well, there was).

Why am I comparing Batigol to paysmith...? I have absolutely no idea! Shouldn't be mentioned in the same thread!

Naismith can get to fuck. I actually believe that was the start of us accepting average players instead of what we know is Rangers class. Lafferty also. By and large, a waste of fucking money.

All in all, Kris Boyd done more on the park than both of them.

Di Livio also stayed with Fio when they were liquidated and sent to the bottom tier. Both of them are legends at La Viola.

Also, to add; McGregor was a bona-fide Rangers class keeper. He could hold his own in the company of Woods, Goram and Klos... and that is the highest accolade I could give a keeper.

Goram was the best shot-stopper I have seen. Bar none. Better than Schmeichel. Better than Kahn.

They all left for money as far as I can tell. I never said any of them left for career advancement.

Sorry, I did not see the need of career advancement to be mentioned on this thread.

You mentioned it earlier and I thought you were referring to one of the deserters.

You were obviously talking about someone nothing to do with this thread and hence my confusion.

I would let Ally resign Na****th in a few years (after his Everton career has gone to shit) but only on a 'pay as you play' deal.

Ally can then do a Matt McKay on him and leave him on his arse every week. I'm sure he'll still have some if his generous Everton signing on fee to tide him over. Should never wear a Rangers shirt again, not even to watch a game down the pub.

The press conference was the worst part. Claiming we had no history was playing straight into the critics hands.

Naismith would have been pretty rooked for a while on a pay-as-you-play...

As would have Lafferty - he would only have needed paying after the split!

I am grateful for his form in the run-ins, don't get me wrong...