They wont like that down south.

DerekJohnstone

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the comments on this thread would induce vomiting. Worshiping every word this man utters is bordering on insanity. Is there any wonder why Whyte was so easily able to dupe the fans ? I partly blame Murray for this. It is very dangerous for so many of our fans to yearn for any Tom, Dick and Harry when he has just stepped foot in the door.

Propaganda and controversy are all well and good, but shall we wait and see the state of the club after a substantial period of time before we completely concede ourselves to certain people ?

Agree.

Some of the comments on this thread would induce vomiting. Worshiping every word this man utters is bordering on insanity. Is there any wonder why Whyte was so easily able to dupe the fans ? I partly blame Murray for this. It is very dangerous for so many of our fans to yearn for any Tom, Dick and Harry when he has just stepped foot in the door.

Propaganda and controversy are all well and good, but shall we wait and see the state of the club after a substantial period of time before we completely concede ourselves to certain people ?

Nothing wrong with enjoying his quotes.

UEFA see us as a new football club and wont let us play in their competitions for three years even if we win the Scottish Cup. Talk of being invited/meeting the criteria to play in a European league is part of his sales pitch imo.

I don't mind him sticking it to the clubs enemies but I see no good long term in making enemies for no reason.

I don't believe that's strictly true. We've had a change of company structure and therefore don't have three years of accounts, doesn't mean they see us as a new club. Cup Winners Cup is still on our honours list as ever.

Nothing wrong with enjoying his quotes.

He could also be accused of discrediting this club with some of his speeches. Let his actions do the talking, right now he sounds like a mouth-piece to me. He makes the sort of statements that appeal to the gullible.

He could also be accused of discrediting this club with some of his speeches. Let his actions do the talking, right now he sounds like a mouth-piece to me. He makes the sort of statements that appeal to the gullible.

How could we be anymore discredited than we already have been? We've been branded bigots, thugs, cheats, tax dodgers, financial dopers, all of that despite years of dignified silence and pandering. So really I don't see how we could be hated to any greater extent.

For years we've wanted someone to stand up for us and tell it how it is, yet that's going down as playing to the gallery and appealing to the gullible? Bit of a damned if he does damned if he doesn't situation there.

Actions need time, but saving our club is already one brilliant action in his favour.

I don't believe that's strictly true. We've had a change of company structure and therefore don't have three years of accounts, doesn't mean they see us as a new club. Cup Winners Cup is still on our honours list as ever.

The problem being that UEFA make no distinction between the club and the company, we didn't have a change of company structure, the company was liquidated (as of today I think). I'd love to be wrong but everything I've read or heard from people far more qualified than me says otherwise.

BMC quoted part 2 of Article 12 Definition of a Licence Applicant (UEFA Licencing and Fair Play Regulations), part 1 reads;

A licence applicant may only be a football club, i.e. a legal entity fully responsible

for a football team participating in national and international competitions which

either:

a) is a registered member of a UEFA member association and/or its affiliated

league (hereinafter: registered member); or

b) has a contractual relationship with a registered member (hereinafter: football

company).

The problem being that UEFA make no distinction between the club and the company, we didn't have a change of company structure, the company was liquidated (as of today I think). I'd love to be wrong but everything I've read or heard from people far more qualified than me says otherwise.

BMC quoted part 2 of Article 12 Definition of a Licence Applicant (UEFA Licencing and Fair Play Regulations), part 1 reads;

A licence applicant may only be a football club, i.e. a legal entity fully responsible

for a football team participating in national and international competitions which

either:

a) is a registered member of a UEFA member association and/or its affiliated

league (hereinafter: registered member); or

b) has a contractual relationship with a registered member (hereinafter: football

company).

The UEFA administration may, in accordance with Article 4, grant exceptions on

the following matters:

a) Non-applicability of a minimum requirement concerning the decision-making

bodies or process defined in Article 7 due to national law or any other

reason;

b) Non-applicability of a minimum requirement concerning the core process

defined in Article 9 due to national law or any other reason;

c) Non-applicability of a minimum assessment procedure defined in Article 10

due to national law or any other reason;

d) Non-applicability of the three-year rule defined in Article 12(2) in case of

change of legal form or company structure of the licence applicant on a caseby-

case basis;

e) Non-applicability of a certain criterion defined in part II, chapter 3 due to

national law or any other reason;

f) Extension of the introduction period for the implementation of a criterion or a

category of criterion defined in part II, chapter 3

If the situation came up I hope we'd look at that.

Spot on.

Charles may have caught the Rangers bug, as they say, but he has for years, and still is, a business man first and foremost. Every interview he gives these days is basically just telling the fans what they want to hear, pretty much exactly what shite Whyte was doing pre-admin.

Spot on? Rangers are not a new club...new company,yes...new club,no. :sherlock:

How could we be anymore discredited than we already have been? We've been branded bigots, thugs, cheats, tax dodgers, financial dopers, all of that despite years of dignified silence and pandering. So really I don't see how we could be hated to any greater extent.

For years we've wanted someone to stand up for us and tell it how it is, yet that's going down as playing to the gallery and appealing to the gullible? Bit of a damned if he does damned if he doesn't situation there.

Actions need time, but saving our club is already one brilliant action in his favour.

We've been branded these things by laughable charlatans who would have no business being anywhere near a national media outlet elsewhere in the world, due to their sympathies towards an epicentre of bigotry they claim to detest. It's appalling, it's obscene but their profanities mean nothing to me. They hide and cower behind their keyboards in a dark room because it seems, or it seemed, to be the only weapon of effective use towards Rangers.

Not anymore.

I'm more concerned with the people beyond the border of this shabby little country

We've been branded these things by laughable charlatans who would have no business being anywhere near a national media outlet elsewhere in the world, due to their sympathies towards an epicentre of bigotry they claim to detest. It's appalling, it's obscene but their profanities mean nothing to me. They hide and cower behind their keyboards in a dark room because it seems, or it seemed, to be the only weapon of effective use towards Rangers.

Not anymore.

I'm more concerned with the people beyond the border of this shabby little country

To be fair certainly in England I don't know if things are an awful lot different, due to perceptions like us wrecking Manchester probably. For example there's a 70 page thread on a West Ham forum about us and it's got some pretty bitter stuff. I checked out a Sheffield Wednesday forum to see how they reacted to paying us for McCabe and majority of it was 'New club, why are we giving them money?' type responses.

To be fair certainly in England I don't know if things are an awful lot different, due to perceptions like us wrecking Manchester probably. For example there's a 70 page thread on a West Ham forum about us and it's got some pretty bitter stuff. I checked out a Sheffield Wednesday forum to see how they reacted to paying us for McCabe and majority of it was 'New club, why are we giving them money?' type responses.

Sadly most people in England are severely uneducated when it comes to this clubs situation, thats probably due to the sub-standard reporting of it from many journalists in this country most notably those working for BBC Scotland.

Either way I highly doubt a few forums of English teams offers a fair reflection of the entire supports opinion. Who knows

'' travelling might be an issue '' not as much of an issue as you might think, a return flight to Amsterdam can be had for around £100,it might mean an overnight stay with the chance to participate in the many and varied delights Amsterdam has to offer,I presume that a proposed say North sea league would maybe only be to start a champions league group type affair with say 10 teams playing maybe 18 games a season allowing them to participate in their own countries league as well. I know it seems a lot of games but given the way we have been treated in Scotland we could cease participation in Scottish League cup and Scottish cup and substitute it with this infinitely more appealing European competition.

AQ weekend in Amsterdam having a few beers and coffees in the coffeeshops sounds a lot better than a five hour trip up to Aberdeen, stopped on the bus, and generally treated like shit.

Sadly most people in England are severely uneducated when it comes to this clubs situation, thats probably due to the sub-standard reporting of it from many journalists in this country most notably those working for BBC Scotland.

Either way I highly doubt a few forums of English teams offers a fair reflection of the entire supports opinion. Who knows

Point being I don't think Charles Green's words on English clubs will make a lot of difference to us either way in the long run. It's a bit more blunt than i'd have been but i'd still rather have him talking than not,

"Non-applicability of the three-year rule defined in Article 12(2) in case of

case basis;"

I respect your opinion but I don't think the oldco ceasing to exist is changing our legal form or company structure. My fear is that UEFA make no distinction between the club and company, to them they are one and the same. If that is the case its a sickener. There is no bright side but I suppose if they do see us as a new club the wont hold the actions of oldco against us and technically could grant an exception if we were to qualify for Europe inside three years.

case basis;"

I respect your opinion but I don't think the oldco ceasing to exist is changing our legal form or company structure. My fear is that UEFA make no distinction between the club and company, to them they are one and the same. If that is the case its a sickener. There is no bright side but I suppose if they do see us as a new club the wont hold the actions of oldco against us and technically could grant an exception if we were to qualify for Europe inside three years.

Lets wait and see until something official comes from them shall we? Like whether the co-efficient points are added up, or if they raise some objection to us claiming the 1972 CWC.

case basis;"

There´s also the case of our SFA membership..It was transferred to the newco meaning that it can be claimed that Rangers de facto is the same Rangers as before with titles and punishments :craphead:

Spot on.

Charles may have caught the Rangers bug, as they say, but he has for years, and still is, a business man first and foremost. Every interview he gives these days is basically just telling the fans what they want to hear, pretty much exactly what shite Whyte was doing pre-admin.

pretty sure Uefa DON'T see us as a new club.

It's something to do with the break in company structure.

case basis;"

I'm pretty sure thats exactly what it doing.

We are no longer involved in the same company, hence change in company structure.