They wont like that down south.

DerekJohnstone

UEFA see us as a new football club and wont let us play in their competitions for three years even if we win the Scottish Cup. Talk of being invited/meeting the criteria to play in a European league is part of his sales pitch imo.

I don't mind him sticking it to the clubs enemies but I see no good long term in making enemies for no reason.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UEFA see us as a new football club and wont let us play in their competitions for three years even if we win the Scottish Cup. Talk of being invited/meeting the criteria to play in a European league is part of his sales pitch imo.

I don't mind him sticking it to the clubs enemies but I see no good long term in making enemies for no reason.

Article 12

2 The membership and the contractual relationship (if any) must have lasted – at

the start of the licence season – for at least three consecutive years. Any

alteration to the club’s legal form or company structure (including, for example,

changing its headquarters, name or club colours, or transferring stakeholdings

between different clubs) during this period in order to facilitate its qualification on

sporting merit and/or its receipt of a licence to the detriment of the integrity of a

competition is deemed as an interruption of membership or contractual

relationship (if any) within the meaning of this provision.

My dad told me when I was very young that Rangers would be in a european league one day and that's as far as it goes nearly 20 years later!

This might happen, one day.

I honestly thought this would have happened by now.I have championed for some sort of European league for years.As a club we are way above anything Scotland has to offer,and recent events makes our case much stronger to break away.

An Atlantic league of sorts seems the most viable.With a target population of 40 million in the Nations represented,anylists also predict an average of well over 30,000 per match,tv companys etc. would jump at the chance to be involved,in what effectively would become Europe's third largest League.

As for UEFA,well as i have stated before,they need the clubs far more,than the clubs need them.

The major clubs from the so called smaller nations are fed up with their ;greed is good; Champions[aye right],League format.So thumbs up to Charles Green for highlighting this,ITS THE ONLY WAY FOR A CLUB OF OUR STANDING. :21:

It seems CG might upset a few clubs south of the border....oooops. They wont like it even though he's true in what he says. :craphead:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19924802

Ah well.

Chief executive Charles Green believes Rangers will be involved in the formation of a new European league.

Green's consortium relaunched the Ibrox club after the former incarnation could not be saved from liquidation.

Continue reading the main story

"I'm convinced it will happen because otherwise where will the revenues for the top come from”

Charles Green on a European league

Rangers currently play in Scottish Football League Division Three.

"There will be a European league because big teams can't keep subsidising small teams for the next 10 years because they will go stale," said Green.

"Arsenal don't want to play Southampton or Swansea, but ask them if they want to play Celtic or Rangers. It's what the fans want to see.

"Fans across the world want to see Manchester United play Barcelona, not just once every few years but every season.

"If there are two divisions of 18 clubs, how could Rangers not be a part of that?

"I'm convinced it will happen because otherwise where will the revenues for the top come from?

"These days Arsenal are struggling to sell out their game against West Ham."

Last month, BBC Scotland revealed Scottish clubs, including Rangers, were to discuss the possibility of being part of a new European regional league set-up.

Uefa is believed to be becoming increasingly concerned by the polarisation across the game between the top clubs and top leagues and is open to change.

And Green added: "How can Manchester United's revenues be £320m and Aston Villa, who are completely useless, get £250m?

"What Manchester United put into world football is massive, but what they take out of it is a joke and they won't put up with that for much longer."

:lol: :lol: :lol: Wasn't expecting that.

Wonder if Paul Lambert will have something to say about that. 10310.gif

:lol: Is that why we retain our co-efficient then?

Fuck me.

Some of the comments on this thread would induce vomiting. Worshiping every word this man utters is bordering on insanity. Is there any wonder why Whyte was so easily able to dupe the fans ? I partly blame Murray for this. It is very dangerous for so many of our fans to yearn for any Tom, Dick and Harry when he has just stepped foot in the door.

Propaganda and controversy are all well and good, but shall we wait and see the state of the club after a substantial period of time before we completely concede ourselves to certain people ?

Some of the comments on this thread would induce vomiting. Worshiping every word this man utters is bordering on insanity. Is there any wonder why Whyte was so easily able to dupe the fans ? I partly blame Murray for this. It is very dangerous for so many of our fans to yearn for any Tom, Dick and Harry when he has just stepped foot in the door.

Propaganda and controversy are all well and good, but shall we wait and see the state of the club after a substantial period of time before we completely concede ourselves to certain people ?

Boooo :cgreen:

Spot on.

Charles may have caught the Rangers bug, as they say, but he has for years, and still is, a business man first and foremost. Every interview he gives these days is basically just telling the fans what they want to hear, pretty much exactly what shite Whyte was doing pre-admin.

IF this happens it will be a league of teams from the top European leagues in football which Rangers, even if we are in the SPL by then, wont be a part of.

There's no chance of this IMO.

You would have to think the likes of the below would all be interested in this concept (many more too)

Chelsea

Liverpool

United

Arsenal

City

Madrid

Barca

Milan

Inter

Juventus

Lazio

PSG

Lyon

Lille

Bayern

Dortmund

Ajax

PSV

Porto

Benfica

Sporting

Celt*c

Rangers

Anderlecht

There are so many teams that would be going for this that it would be impossible to implement them all into the one European league and if there were a few leagues would we be in the top one along with the top clubs?

You would have to think the likes of the below would all be interested in this concept (many more too)

Chelsea

Liverpool

United

Arsenal

City

Madrid

Barca

Milan

Inter

Juventus

Lazio

PSG

Lyon

Lille

Bayern

Dortmund

Ajax

PSV

Porto

Benfica

Sporting

Celt*c

Rangers

Anderlecht

There are so many teams that would be going for this that it would be impossible to implement them all into the one European league and if there were a few leagues would we be in the top one along with the top clubs?

Afraid not, mate. :disappointment:

I think we're all getting far too carried away with all of these unrealistic ideas because they sound nice.

You'd think we'd learn. :disappointment:

Afraid not, mate. :disappointment:

I think we're all getting far too carried away with all of these unrealistic ideas because they sound nice.

You'd think we'd learn. :disappointment:

This has been mooted for over a decade now, and looks to be no closer now than it was then imo anyway.

The EPL keep improving their TV and merchandise contracts which to me suggests there is no restructure of European leagues going to happen anytime soon.

It suits us to dream about it because the product in Scotland is utter shite and will continue to be for some time as the structure has been allowed to grow as stale as last months loaf. I dont see many in England or Spain going on about this super league because they do not have the same problems as we currently have and the bigger clubs play in Europe every year so they get their fix of matches against Europes elite.

Its a grand idea but sadly I think that is where it ends.

This has been mooted for over a decade now, and looks to be no closer now than it was then imo anyway.

The EPL keep improving their TV and merchandise contracts which to me suggests there is no restructure of European leagues going to happen anytime soon.

It suits us to dream about it because the product in Scotland is utter shite and will continue to be for some time as the structure has been allowed to grow as stale as last months loaf. I don’t see many in England or Spain going on about this super league because they do not have the same problems as we currently have and the bigger clubs play in Europe every year so they get their fix of matches against Europe’s elite.

It’s a grand idea but sadly I think that is where it ends.

Yup.

Spot on. (tu)

It seems CG might upset a few clubs south of the border....oooops. They wont like it even though he's true in what he says. :craphead:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19924802

Ah well.

Chief executive Charles Green believes Rangers will be involved in the formation of a new European league.

Green's consortium relaunched the Ibrox club after the former incarnation could not be saved from liquidation.

Continue reading the main story

"I'm convinced it will happen because otherwise where will the revenues for the top come from”

Charles Green on a European league

Rangers currently play in Scottish Football League Division Three.

"There will be a European league because big teams can't keep subsidising small teams for the next 10 years because they will go stale," said Green.

"Arsenal don't want to play Southampton or Swansea, but ask them if they want to play Celtic or Rangers. It's what the fans want to see.

"Fans across the world want to see Manchester United play Barcelona, not just once every few years but every season.

"If there are two divisions of 18 clubs, how could Rangers not be a part of that?

"I'm convinced it will happen because otherwise where will the revenues for the top come from?

"These days Arsenal are struggling to sell out their game against West Ham."

Last month, BBC Scotland revealed Scottish clubs, including Rangers, were to discuss the possibility of being part of a new European regional league set-up.

Uefa is believed to be becoming increasingly concerned by the polarisation across the game between the top clubs and top leagues and is open to change.

And Green added: "How can Manchester United's revenues be £320m and Aston Villa, who are completely useless, get £250m?

"What Manchester United put into world football is massive, but what they take out of it is a joke and they won't put up with that for much longer."

Why insult clubs and fans with traditions and history as long and proud as ours?