Terry butcher must be disowned by Rangers FC

markybear

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bollocks. Knee-jerk reaction from OP

Everything he says is fully complimentary, except one little line.

It is still a brilliant club for me, although technically it is now a ‘new’ club.

And he only thinks that, because that's the line the mhedia have been brainwashing everyone with relentlessly. Ask any non-Ranger, and they'd likely say the same thing.

Butcher is not at fault here - the Mhedia are.

The solution is to simply educate Butcher (and everone else) on the true facts. Easy done.

Edit: And also, it's in the Sun, so can you really trust a single word as being an accurate quote?

What actions do you suggest the club take to "disown" him? He has been away from the club a long long time and built up connections with other clubs (Inverness & Motherwell). Think your being a little over sensitive! Should be water off a ducks back!

You cock. It's the sun! :angry:

Though he refers to us as a 'new' club he says he can't believe the club is in Division 3. Contradiction there.

As a Teddy Bear born in England I always looked up to Terry Butcher. I liked how he played the game. All guts and glory.

i think any ex-player should know it's not a new club, to say he needs 'educated' is a bit naive my friend.

There are extraordinary tales he can recount and dressing room secrets he would never share.

But Butcher is still struggling to get his head around events engulfing his old club Rangers.

Liquidated? Playing in the Scottish Third Division?

No matter how often he boots a dressing room door in anger, that scenario to Butcher seems truly unhinged.

“I still just really can’t believe what has happened. I always looked forward to playing Rangers because of my past history with the club and the characters there.

“Ally McCoist, Kenny McDowall, Ian Durrant, Jim Stewart — all fantastic people.

“It is still a brilliant club for me, although technically it is now a ‘new’ club.

“I just can’t get my head around what has happened and where the club finds itself. What happened was unique and unbelievable.

“You are in uncharted territory. After the first nine games, Ally will know the opposition better and it should be a little easier.

“It is all about patience. There is no quick fix or easy cure, but I’m certain Rangers will get there.

Rangers’ demise made it tougher than ever for Butcher to attract players to the Highlands this summer.

He explained: “Missing out playing Rangers made Caley Thistle a harder sell than before. This is a real bonus for everybody.

“It is one of the biggest games we will have this season, another SPL match really. We saw what happened to Motherwell when they went there.

“You are going to one of the best grounds in Britain with the crowd, noise, surroundings. But we can’t go there and admire the scenery because we could be two or three down by that stage.

Butcher believes McCoist has been landed with the toughest job in Old Firm history.

He said: “No other Rangers manager in history had been faced with what he has.He is breaking new ground all the time. There is no set precedent, no rule book or coaching manual to follow that takes you to where Ally is.

“Rangers were never going to brush this off and comfortably negotiate the Third Division because teams down there won’t want to be turned over by them.”

As I said, apart from that half-sentence, it's all good.

He has to make some attempt to justify his own club sending us to the third division He was only a real true blue when he wore the colours never actual stood up for Rangers since he left the club but instead would rather lend his name to some journo for a few bob for an article

Few years before my time, but judging from the old Rangers videos I grew up watching its hard to disagree.

Few years before your time? Fuckin hell you're young mate

He captained us to 3 leagues in four years from 1986-90

1204412_display_image.jpg?1303670063kevin_1150628a.jpg

^

This is what a CB use to look like back then

Few years before your time? Fuckin hell you're young mate

He captained us to 3 leagues in four years from 1986-90

1204412_display_image.jpg?1303670063kevin_1150628a.jpg

^

This is what a CB use to look like back then

93 I was born, I'm just a baby. :pipe:

Aye, I'll never deny that he was a great player and captain for us. But since leaving it seems like anytime we're mentioned to him bitterness takes over and spews some amount of shite.

I lost any respect I had left for him a while ago now.

...But since leaving it seems like anytime we're mentioned to him bitterness takes over and spews some amount of shite.

We all spout shite sometimes - the OP proves that :thumbup:

But to be fair Jela, as you said - you are young - and it took most of us older bears many years to realise how much shite is spouted in the papers. It's their job to spout shite, and to try to be controversial in order to sell more papers. If you ever have the misfortune to be interviewed by a paper, you will realise this, when you see that what they print bears no relation to what you actually said.

Take my advice - stop reading the Sun, and get all your news here :sherlock:

What actions do you suggest the club take to "disown" him? He has been away from the club a long long time and built up connections with other clubs (Inverness & Motherwell). Think your being a little over sensitive! Should be water off a ducks back!

Removing him from the Hall of Fame is the only thing I could think of, and that's unlikely.

Removing him from the Hall of Fame is the only thing I could think of, and that's unlikely.

Your not really being serious are you? What happened to us? Are we just getting offended by everything these days?

I don`t see the why people have turned on him, he was part of a great team and an inspired Captain for us.

So he says things without thinking but who in here doesn`t.

Terry Butcher is part of our history like it or not..Personally I like it.

We all spout shite sometimes - the OP proves that :thumbup:

But to be fair Jela, as you said - you are young - and it took most of us older bears many years to realise how much shite is spouted in the papers. It's their job to spout shite, and to try to be controversial in order to sell more papers. If you ever have the misfortune to be interviewed by a paper, you will realise this, when you see that what they print bears no relation to what you actually said.

Take my advice - stop reading the Sun, and get all your news here :sherlock:

I havnt BOught papers for yrs. the link was taken from a tweet on my timeline.

I don't care what U say. It's Meant to be be once a ranger-always a rangers, not once a ranger-now a hater.

Hall of fame removal would be completely justified.