Elgin statement today

BEARGER

As a side note to the argument, the police were out in Elgin last night asking anyone and everyone if they see any Rangers fans miss-behaving to let them know. I do beleive there were a few exchanges and the police and door staff were particularly heavy handed when they arose.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the Cops who cancelled this and I seen pictures of the groubd and the Terracing looks pretty vast and roomy to me.

I reckon they could have gone ahead with this no probs.

Stupid jobsworths who are affraid to make decisions.

I would have to agree, however, I have suspicions that the directors of Elgin banked on the fact that no one would find out if they sold a few more tickets and got caught in some way or another. At least they only have the SFL to deal with, who will no doubt deal with the situation in an appropriate manner

There has to be some sanctions here. You can't grudge a smaller club cashing in while they can

yup, i dont blame Elgin for taking the gamble, it could give the club a huge payday by thier terms - but if you roll the dice & cock it up you need to face consequences.

in my opinion, Elgin should be forfeiting the game 0-3.