Elgin statement today

BEARGER

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few points here.......

First of all, any talk of "putting lives at risk" is just absolute nonsense. Laughable even. There are no fences like wereHillsborough, and certainly no Stairway 13. Even the main stand is safer than the one at Valley Parade was. Anyone saying lives would be at risk is talking out of their arse.

The capacity at Elgin is approx 4500.............which is a joke because you could quite easily fit almost twice that amount into the ground. I've been to Borough Briggs on numerous occasions, and the fact is, they could easily have played the game today.

The problem is the police. In their infinite wisdom, they have decided that their segregation plans have been rendered futile (however unnecessary they were to begin with), with so many home end tickets going to Rangers fans. Make no mistake, this is another police stitch up, just like in Manchester. These cunts have an agenda, and don't want a large amount of Rangers fans in their area all weekend. The game will be played in midweek now, and that suits the police, as less Rangers fans will be able to make it up from the south.

The only thing Elgin City did wrong (if you don't count 1992 when they had their Highland league title stripped!) was to charge the extra £5 for Rangers visit.

This game could quite easily have gone ahead, without incident.

Most Plod divisions are bastards - the more north you go the more bastardised they become.

Under the new Plod supremo 'Housey-Housey' the Scottish national Plod will become even bigger bastards than their sectionalised predecessors.

Rangers-haters are already in high-ranking positions in Plod central - it's about to get worse.

Fuck Plod and all who sail in it.

Is this a rumour or is it a proven fact?

As far as I can see we do not have the information at present to make any informed comment on how this happened. We have posters going on about temporary stands which don't even exist!!

I feel sorry for all fans who have lost out financially for whatever reason. Anyone who bought a ticket will receive a refund. Hopefully, anyone who booked accommodation or whatever can negotiate a refund, partial refund or credit towards a future booking.

As for Elgin City FC, they will be totally embarrassed by this monumental muck-up. This ridiculous situation will have cost them a considerable amount of revenue which I'm certain they could no doubt use.

I'm sure we will find out the cause very soon.

Is this a rumour or is it a proven fact?

As far as I can see we do not have the information at present to make any informed comment on how this happened. We have posters going on about temporary stands which don't even exist!!

I feel sorry for all fans who have lost out financially for whatever reason. Anyone who bought a ticket will receive a refund. Hopefully, anyone who booked accommodation or whatever can negotiate a refund, partial refund or credit towards a future booking.

As for Elgin City FC, they will be totally embarrassed by this monumental muck-up. This ridiculous situation will have cost them a considerable amount of revenue which I'm certain they could no doubt use.

I'm sure we will find out the cause very soon.

it was in a paper and thats why i put if true, ive no idea other than x amount of tickets were oversold, either way Rangers fans have been taken for a cash cow by a team from our own league.

Our record attendance at Ibrox is 118,500

Borough Briggs hasn't been altered since the days when they got their record attendance. Actually, they've had nearly 15k in there before, so the record attendance figure is questionable too. Dodgy seagull bassas.

Ibrox is an (almost) completely rebuilt stadium.

it was in a paper and thats why i put if true, ive no idea other than x amount of tickets were oversold, either way Rangers fans have been taken for a cash cow by a team from our own league.

Elgin are truly miserable bastards when it comes to money. Thats why I've always thought of them being more Aberdonian than most Highland/Morayshire towns.

I still blame the polis though. Cunts.

Borough Briggs hasn't been altered since the days when they got their record attendance. Actually, they've had nearly 15k in there before, so the record attendance figure is questionable too. Dodgy seagull bassas.

Ibrox is an (almost) completely rebuilt stadium.

The record was in 1968 and they installed the 500 seats, given to them by Newcastle, in 2000.

It obviously is now it has seating

But since your qualified to give out health and safety advice I'll leave it at that (tu)

The point that WVB and myself were making was that the Elgin ground hasn't altered much since their record crowd and therefore it should theoretically be more than capable of holding approximately 6,000 which appears to be the number of tickets sold. As for the seats which they received from Newcastle, were they not just replacements for their stand?

The point that WVB and myself were making was that the Elgin ground hasn't altered much since their record crowd and therefore it should theoretically be more than capable of holding approximately 6,000 which appears to be the number of tickets sold. As for the seats which they received from Newcastle, were they not just replacements for their stand?

You could probably fit 10,000 in the stadium if you wanted, just not safely.

Up untill not long ago you got away with anything when it came to H&S. Ibrox has experienced this first hand.

Don't think they had seats before they were promoted to the SFL, maybe wrong though.

it doesnt matter how many fans you can fit into a ground it matters how many fans that the safety licence says you can fit in and they oversold by 1100 so feck them and any punishment they get they deserve.

lots of folk have had their weekends plans disrupted by greed and nothing else.

football fans accept that weather can postpone a game but this is ridiculous.

i should be standing half cut with my mates cheering on the gers, instead im watching EPL shite :D

You could probably fit 10,000 in the stadium if you wanted, just not safely.

Up untill not long ago you got away with anything when it came to H&S. Ibrox has experienced this first hand.

Don't think they had seats before they were promoted to the SFL, maybe wrong though.

We weren't suggesting breaking safety rules just pointing out that it seems more than feasible that their ground could safely hold 45 % of their record attendance as the place hasn't seen many changes since that date. As for their seating, most of the Highland League grounds had/have a grandstand with seating. Elgin may have altered theirs a bit but the building looks a lot older than 20 years.

It obviously is now it has seating

But since your qualified to give out health and safety advice I'll leave it at that (tu)

I don't wish to piss on your bonfire, but they took away old seating, and replaced it with the seats they got from Newcastle. You can be as pedantic as you like, but having been to Elgin on numerous occasions, I think I know what I'm talking about.

Your schoolboy grammar leads me to believe you haven't a clue, and probably just picked up the odd bit of information on Google. (tu):rolleyes:

The point I am now making, is that Wully is being a dick.

I'm off back to a decent forum where the trolls don't start stupid arguments over nothing.

I don't wish to piss on your bonfire, but they took away old seating, and replaced it with the seats they got from Newcastle. You can be as pedantic as you like, but having been to Elgin on numerous occasions, I think I know what I'm talking about.

Your schoolboy grammar leads me to believe you haven't a clue, and probably just picked up the odd bit of information on Google. (tu):rolleyes:

As I said your obviously qualified in the H&S field so you must know what your talking about.

Of course I googled it do you think I go to many Elgin games but what does that have do with my grammar :lol:

As I said your obviously qualified in the H&S field so you must know what your talking about.

Of course I googled it do you think I go to many Elgin games but what does that have do with my grammar :lol:

Nothing, but I was trying to let you off lightly.

As it happens, I've got (somewhere) a HNC/D in Occupational Health & Safety, & Environmental Management (it was a long time ago to be fair...............not that I'm using that in any way, either to make a living or to make a point here ;) )........but the mere fact that I've been there so many times and know the place reasonably well from my days watching Highland League football would point to a basic grasp of the situation here, at least.

The 500 seats that were put in, in 2000 or whenever, were just to replace other, wooden seats which would have failed any saftey inspection. It didn't reduce the capacity of Borough Briggs.

Its a shitty wee ground, with grass banking behind each goal, but it could easily hold, say, 7500 without any problems, except for car-parking which would be chaotic.

Nothing, but I was trying to let you off lightly.

As it happens, I've got (somewhere) a HNC/D in Occupational Health & Safety, & Environmental Management (it was a long time ago to be fair...............not that I'm using that in any way, either to make a living or to make a point here ;) )........but the mere fact that I've been there so many times and know the place reasonably well from my days watching Highland League football would point to a basic grasp of the situation here, at least.

The 500 seats that were put in, in 2000 or whenever, were just to replace other, wooden seats which would have failed any saftey inspection. It didn't reduce the capacity of Borough Briggs.

Its a shitty wee ground, with grass banking behind each goal, but it could easily hold, say, 7500 without any problems, except for car-parking which would be chaotic.

Fair enough. But there must be a reason why they capacity has been capped at 4,500.

And don't call me a dick ya fanny :D

Forres is another you could add to this argument. There could easily have been another couple of thousand allowed onto that grassy banking.

Imagine if somebody slipped on the grass banking! :ohmy:

With the crowd being up to 20 deep, if someone had lost their footing, that 3 foot high barrier could have crushed literally nobody in the ensuing chaos.