Elgin statement today

BEARGER

Elgin City FC Club Statement

« backall articles »

Saturday 24th November 2012

Elgin City Football Club Statement – Saturday 24th November

Following a meeting of the Elgin City Board this morning, we can confirm that a full investigation into the over-sale of tickets for the postponed match this Sunday against Rangers is ongoing. The Club Officials are working closely with Grampian Police, the Local Authority and the Scottish Football League to establish the full facts in this matter.

We would ask all fans to note that tickets issued for the game due to be played on Sunday 25th November 2012 will not be valid for the re-scheduled date. The Club advises that those holding tickets issued by Elgin City return these to the Club for a full refund. Tickets purchased via Rangers FC for this match should contact the Rangers Ticket Office.

Elgin City FC office will be open to refund tickets on Monday 26th and Tuesday 27th November during the hours of 12.30 p.m. to 2.30 p.m. and 6.30 p.m. to 8.30 p.m.

The Club are aware that not all fans will be able to attend at these times but would assure all ticket holders that the process will be ongoing during normal office hours until all monies have been refunded.

New ticketing arrangements will be announced in due course once a rescheduled date has been announced by the Scottish Football League.

Once again Elgin City Football Club wishes to apologise sincerely to all fans and the local community for the postponement of this game.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

someone should hang for this :P

Kidding aside, i feel for the bears who had made plans for this weekend, and if you fight your case with elgin, you may get back ymore than the price of your ticket ( in cases like dunny who now owes some fkn hotel 268 bucks)

i reckon rangers will just reprint our end tickets as its same folk that should get them, feck knows how i will get my refund for the 1100 elgin end tickets ive got :D

:pipe:

If rangers send us in the CCCS out reprints I'll make sure I get the one you bought off me, to you. (tu)

To be fair to Elgin - the common perception here is they simply sold too many tickets by mistake, which indeed would be laughably incompetent.

However, i've heard a few rumours (no idea if they have any truth) that Elgin built a temporary stand in an effort to get more fans in, increase capacity, and make consideribly more cash.

But the stand did not pass health & safety test. So it seems to me Elgin rolled the dice on the stand passing H&S but lost.

To be fair to Elgin - the common perception here is they simply sold too many tickets by mistake, which indeed would be laughably incompetent.

However, i've heard a few rumours (no idea if they have any truth) that Elgin built a temporary stand in an effort to get more fans in, increase capacity, and make consideribly more cash.

But the stand did not pass health & safety test. So it seems to me Elgin rolled the dice on the stand passing H&S but lost.

Makes sense mate - or they were just attempting to force the game, on the knowledge that they'd sold additional +20% more tickets. Because it was the polis that cancelled the game, not elgin.

They sold the extra tickets thinking their new capacity would pass through the paperwork and be granted the appropriate safety and security certificates.

Clearly this was refused which has left Elgin an embarrasment to the SFL.

At least my hotel has released my deposit back into my account.