Views on the Dundee Hibernian tie itself?

simplythebest

Naturally most of the discussion is about boycotting so I think it's worth having a thread to discuss the football aspect of the draw.

Apart from the Saville gang Dundee Hibernian away probably the toughest draw we could have got. They aren't so high in the table but they've been something of a thorn in our side for a long time even when we've been right at the top of Scottish football, did we not go about three years without a win at Tannadice under Walter?

Our last display against a SPL side wasn't at all encouraging either and that was at home. But on the other hand there's the Motherwell game where we were outstanding and should have won by more. Play like we did against Motherwell and if we've got the likes of Templeton and Sandaza fully back fit by then, we've certainly got a chance.

A draw and a replay back to Ibrox would not be a poor outcome at all.

Naturally most of the discussion is about boycotting so I think it's worth having a thread to discuss the football aspect of the draw.

Apart from the Saville gang Dundee Hibernian away probably the toughest draw we could have got. They aren't so high in the table but they've been something of a thorn in our side for a long time even when we've been right at the top of Scottish football, did we not go about three years without a win at Tannadice under Walter?

Our last display against a SPL side wasn't at all encouraging either and that was at home. But on the other hand there's the Motherwell game where we were outstanding and should have won by more. Play like we did against Motherwell and if we've got the likes of Templeton and Sandaza fully back fit by then, we've certainly got a chance.

A draw and a replay back to Ibrox would not be a poor outcome at all.

I wonder how that would change fans with a view to boycott because they don't want to give Thompson their money...

We have a young team who are starting to play some composed football. I just hope this draw, which is tough by any stretch of the imagination, has not come too soon.

I'd happily settle for a draw then take them on again in front of a sold-out (assuming no boycotts) Ibrox.

Overall, they are an average side but Tannadump is never an easy place to go.

If our defence can handle Russell and Daly then we will win IMO, but I don't have much confidence in our defence at the moment but hopefully we have a settled back four by February.

If we play the way we played against Motherwell then we will get through, but every player will have to step it up because it wont be easy.

It's going to be really, really tough. We'll need a performance similar to the Motherwell game to have a chance. Templeton, Black and McKay are going to be key. Hopefully Jig will be back up front by then.

I'd hope that Dundee Hibs don't pack their defence and try to score on the break, that may well give us problems.

I am encouraged by the performances of our young players and by the time this game comes around, we could be firing on all cylinders and the SPL team could just be fearing our visit as much of us seem ot think that they're anything specail at all.

All will be revealled on the day, but I think we have as good a chance as any to go through.

This has to be our goal, we have a few months to work towards. If ally can keep building on the attacking play we have showed and somehow sure up that defence then we have a great chance up there.

A few more months with hopefully minimal injuries then we will have a good attacking midfield. Only worry is the defence. Goian anyone?