Regarding Boycott - What If We Draw?

TMB

its bad enough that people want to boycot rangers when their playing spl teams away.. because imo thats whats happening... no fucker and i repeat not one fucker will ever stop me enetering IBROX!!!!! :p20:

:uk:

How funny would it be if you forgot your ticket for the Stirling game? :D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does seem a bit muddled that we are quite happy for Motherwell and ICT to receive much larger windfalls from matches at Ibrox in the CIS Cup even though they were as complicit as DUFC.

The best 'get it up ye' of all would surely be in actually beating them on their turf. There would be a better chance of this happening with 5,000+ Bears at Tanndice giving it laldy.

People should stop alluding to the financial impact our boycott will have on these clubs. It's hypocritical. When a game at Ibrox will make them A LOT richer. It's(boycott) a moral stand against the clubs and the organisation that tried to ruin our club. It's got nothing to do with money, because when it's(cup game) at Ibrox we will show up and we will give them half. If the draw had been at Ibrox, or if it goes to a replay, they would be gleefully rubbing there hands at a nice, big, fat pay-day.

You don't get to decide other people's opinions.

There will be a financial impact. It is in part to do with money. Deal with it.

It does seem a bit muddled that we are quite happy for Motherwell and ICT to receive much larger windfalls from matches at Ibrox in the CIS Cup even though they were as complicit as DUFC.

Aye, life can be muddled, but most of manage to live with it.

You don't get to decide other people's opinions.

There will be a financial impact. It is in part to do with money. Deal with it.

There won't be a financial impact.

DU will still make more from this cup game, even with a Rangers boycott, than they would if they'd drawn eg Turriff United or Forfar.

I can't believe nobody sees that.

It's a moral stand that has nothing(Edit: very little) to do with finances. Were the game at Ibrox they would make a lot more money from it. That's the plain facts. If you want to "no longer line their pockets" then you shouldn't attend Ibrox should this go to a replay.

The financial thing is more long term mate, right now we are letting them know we will not be setting foot in their ground again, now while this does not have the biggest finiancial implications right now, They will realise how much the finiancial implications are looking glum in the future for them.

They dont get a cut of our gate when we are back in top flight, and won't make a penny for us when we play them away.

So while right now it has more to do with principals, we will hurt them financially in the long run. And now they know it.

There won't be a financial impact.

DU will still make more from this cup game, even with a Rangers boycott, than they would if they'd drawn eg Turriff United or Forfar.

I can't believe nobody sees that.

:D

You must have an interesting (albeit wrong) idea of the meaning of 'financial impact'.

lets assume we beat Dundee Hibs.

Quarter Final drawn away to Septic.?

who were every bit as guilty as all other SPL clubs( except Kilmarnock.) in voting us out.

will boycott still apply, i think not.

i am not advocating No boycott, just pointing out a hypothetical scenario. where i think the boycott would disintegrate.

a lot will say they will boycott Septic Park, but i,m certain our allocation for that game would be sold out.

i must point out that personally i won,t go to to either tannadump or Septic Park

I can only see one possible reason NOT to boycott that shithole. And that is the fact that even if we boycott, they can still probably fill their stadium for a game against us. The other teams clearly can't.

I'd be all for a boycot of the peadodome though.

Getting sick of hearing about this boycott now . Fuck sake you would think it was a crime to choose who you give you're money to these days.

If we get a replay at Ibrox the Rangers fans will turn it's as simple as that. We have said we will never boycott Ibrox but wouldn't step foot inside another SPL clubs ground again.

Whats so hard to understand about that?

Aye, life can be muddled, but most of manage to live with it.

It certainly seems muddled to abandon your team to an ultra-hostile environment when the intended victims of the boycott will likely be no worse off financially - glad you can live with it though.

It certainly seems muddled to abandon your team to an ultra-hostile environment when the intended victims of the boycott will likely be no worse off financially - glad you can live with it though.

:mutley:

'no worse off financially'

Where do they find these people?

Ultra hostile :lol:

it's fkn Dundee Utd.

If you think that Rangers fans boycotting Tannadice will have no financial impact I'm afraid educating you will be way beyond my skillset.

Ah well, at least you tried.

BTW

DU v Rangers, 17 March 2012 - Att: 9,464

DU v Rangers, 10 Sep 2011 - Att: 10,156

DU v Aberdeen - 2 Jan 2012, Att: 11,471

DU v Dundee 19 Aug 2012 - - Att: 13,538

I don't suppose that suggests anything to you?

No, thought not.

Getting sick of hearing about this boycott now . Fuck sake you would think it was a crime to choose who you give you're money to these days.

If we get a replay at Ibrox the Rangers fans will turn it's as simple as that. We have said we will never boycott Ibrox but wouldn't step foot inside another SPL clubs ground again.

Whats so hard to understand about that?

I think we get that.

It would be nice to hurt them in the pocket as well, but for me the main point of the boycott is to make a statement regarding our treatment by SPL clubs.

What happens if the game gets abandoned at half time do the fans get a refund :-)

Ah well, at least you tried.

BTW

DU v Rangers, 17 March 2012 - Att: 9,464

DU v Rangers, 10 Sep 2011 - Att: 10,156

DU v Aberdeen - 2 Jan 2012, Att: 11,471

DU v Dundee 19 Aug 2012 - - Att: 13,538

I don't suppose that suggests anything to you?

No, thought not.

Why do people do that stupid thing of asking somebody a question than answering it themselves?

It shows poor manners as well as lack of imagination.

Why do people do that stupid thing of asking somebody a question than answering it themselves?

It shows poor manners as well as lack of imagination.

Good answer. That's me telt.

Now, where were we? oh yes - do you have anything to back up your claim that boycotting this tie will financially impact DU?

If you think that Rangers fans boycotting Tannadice will have no financial impact I'm afraid educating you will be way beyond my skillset.

And who are you to be "educating" people? You arrogant, pompous arse.

Witty comeback from ManTic coming soon....

Tick Tock....

:sleep1: