The World Club Championships...

The world club cup basically is a pre-season tournament held in the middle of the season.

Irrelevant, shite wee thing.

Middle of the season in Europe. End of the season everywhere else in the world and the Russian teams etc. Final game of the season for all the teams that play in it except European teams (Unless a Russian team makes it.) People need to give this more respect. It to see who is the champions of the world ffs.

You lot clearly have no idea about world football.

How can that be? This is the CLUB WORLD CUP. You can't even play in it if you don't WIN the champions league. What title is better - champions league last 16 (ie - celtic) or Club WORLD champions? I know what I would rather have.

Chelsea got into the CL the year they won it by finishing 2nd in the league. So that kinda takes away your first point.

Do you feel the European super cup is the biggest in Europe or the Community shield the biggest in England?

Middle of the season in Europe. End of the season everywhere else in the world and the Russian teams etc. Final game of the season for all the teams that play in it except European teams (Unless a Russian team makes it.) People need to give this more respect. It to see who is the champions of the world ffs.

You lot clearly have no idea about world football.

I clearly just have no interest in irrelevant tournaments.

And no, I don't pay much attention to club teams outside of Europe.

Chelsea weren't even the best team in Europe last season, they just got very lucky. This tournament is irrelevant because all the best teams are European.

By your logic, Corinthians are now the best team in the world...chortle, chortle.

Chelsea got into the CL the year they won it by finishing 2nd in the league. So that kinda takes away your first point.

Do you feel the European super cup is the biggest in Europe or the Community shield the biggest in England?

What does the super cup have to do with it? Chelsea lost that ffs. Not that it matters anyway. And what does the community shield have to do with the club world cup?

I clearly just have no interest in irrelevant tournaments.

And no, I don't pay much attention to club teams outside of Europe.

Chelsea weren't even the best team in Europe last season, they just got very lucky. This tournament is irrelevant because all the best teams are European.

By your logic, Corinthians are now the best team in the world...chortle, chortle.

If Chelsea took it serious, they would've won it. But aye, Corinthians are the world champions. That is fact. Not my fault Chelsea and the reat don't take it serious. Chelsea had the chance to be world champions, but blew it. also, not my fault UEFA let non-champions into the champions league.

What does the super cup have to do with it? Chelsea lost that ffs. Not that it matters anyway. And what does the community shield have to do with the club world cup?

Totally avoided the question.

He is saying if the club world cup is the biggest club get in the world bcos teams from every champions league compete, the same logic man be transferred to the super cup as it sees the champions league winner v the Europa league winner and the charity shield as it sees the premiership winners v the fa cup winners.

I see where you are coming from but the world club cup is far from the most important game in club football. The champions league final will always be more important and that's how it has been for years.

He is saying if the club world cup is the biggest club get in the world bcos teams from every champions league compete, the same logic man be transferred to the super cup as it sees the champions league winner v the Europa league winner and the charity shield as it sees the premiership winners v the fa cup winners.

I see where you are coming from but the world club cup is far from the most important game in club football. The champions league final will always be more important and that's how it has been for years.

Maybe to us here in Europe, but not the rest of the world it isn't. Anyway, you can't even play in the club world cup unless you win the champions league. So to me, the club world cup is a more important cup than any other in football. Just like the final of the two pro leagues in the USA. The champions of the two play off to see who the best in the USA is, therefore, making it the biggest trophy you can win. That is more accurate than what Derek has suggested. The best from each continent playing off to see who is the best in the world.

Was obvious I meant this. Not sure why he didn't get it. The world club championship pits the winners from each continent. These winners may only be the 4th best in their own country in some cases. His point doesn't hold up.

In coming years teams in Brazil and Argentina will return to being the powerhouses they were in the 50 and 60s because of their booming economies.No longer will the top clubs have to sell their key players to europe.

I

The teams will improve, but they won't become powerhouses. The best players are still going to move on in their teens/early twenties as Europe will still be the place to be.