Share price - Now 79p

BEARGER

Yeah, and what you say is right.

But when the market rises (or falls), it's usually constant across the board, or across specific sectors.

So if a particular share rises more than the rest of the market, or its peers in the sector, it's usually due to good news specific to that company.

This is my first foray into the stock market mate. I don't really have much of a clue how it works. However it works our share price is up and even I know that means good news.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my first foray into the stock market mate. I don't really have much of a clue how it works. However it works our share price is up and even I know that means good news.

Have you got yourself an online sharedealing account yet? or just the IPO shares from Capita?

Just my IPO shares. Looking to get a stock broker, so I can keep adding to my 'portfolio'.

The easiest way (though not usually the cheapest) is to go to your own bank's website.

Many banks offer a sharedealing service which you can sign up for free of charge.

Then if you have a bit of spare cash, and the share price dips, you can go online and buy more Rangers shares (or any other company you fancy)

Note that you will not be able to sell your existing shares through them initially, until you send your share certificate to them. They will then add them to your portfolio, and you can then sell some or all of those shares easily.

The easiest way (though not usually the cheapest) is to go to your own bank's website.

Many banks offer a sharedealing service which you can sign up for free of charge.

Then if you have a bit of spare cash, and the share price dips, you can go online and buy more Rangers shares (or any other company you fancy)

Note that you will not be able to sell your existing shares through them initially, until you send your share certificate to them. They will then add them to your portfolio, and you can then sell some or all of those shares easily.

Not interested in selling GB. Just buying, and only interested in Rangers shares. I figure if I keep buying up little bits here and there by about 2050 I'll be on the Rangers board. :)

Cheers, I'll look into my own bank, but there's a page on the London AIM website that shows sites of recommended stock brokers. Remember one of them was offering £8 per transaction which isn't bad compared to others.

Not interested in selling GB. Just buying, and only interested in Rangers shares. I figure if I keep buying up little bits here and there by about 2050 I'll be on the Rangers board. :)

Cheers, I'll look into my own bank, but there's a page on the London AIM website that shows sites of recommended stock brokers. Remember one of them was offering £8 per transaction which isn't bad compared to others.

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/shares/

Mentioned the share price to a Dutch friend of mine that is heavily into the stockmarket (Daytrader) and he asked about the Rangers setup (debts, turnover, profit&loss etc) and he suggested that the 70p opening price was a bit low just to attract the Institutional investors.

Doesn´t hurt that we must be at our lowest point and despite that are debtfree, got money in the bank and are profitable of course.

While we as Champions lately was heavily in debt, never had money and made huge losses <cr>

I didn't buy them to make money but it's really nice to see them rise. Remember you can buy just one if you want to have one. Better to give the money to Rangers than to Starbucks.

Totally agree regular small purchases by fans could lead to us owning a decent share of the club