BEARGER

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody bought 1 share for 76p a half hour ago :thumbup:

Phil Three Names.

Dear FSA

"As a Rangers Shareholder I would like to draw you're attention to................................................................"

I actually suggested this the other night that some of the manky mob would buy a share so they could get in to the AGM. Looks as if a few have done it.

Can you always sell them, or does there have to be someone looking to buy?

Stock market is a completely fluid market, you can always sell. The price fluctuates to refelct number of shares being sold versus number of requests to purchase. If purchase requests higher price rises, sales higher price falls. Today on day 1 of trading more people want to buy than sell hence the increase in share price but that doesn't stop you selling. Be careful though there are fees which usually have a "minimum charge" so if you bought for £500 and are selling for say £540 you could lose most of the increase in fees. Not that I am suggesting you want to bail out, just giving you the facts.

It's fantastic that we can talk about trading shares in Rangers and that the IPO generated over £20m in these very harsh economic times and immediately before the biggest spending period of the year (Christmas). These facts in themselves shout out the loudest, clearest message to the football and financial worlds - that Rangers have not only survived but are on the march back to the very top and that its fans and investors are backing that ambition with their hard earned cash. What an amazing message. Our actions and our belief in Rangers sets us very far apart from the others in Scottish football and maybe even well beyond that horizon.

Now I'd be the first to acknowledge that share prices can fluctuate. I bought to help put the maximum amount of capital into Rangers as possible. I like the idea of wider fan ownership and if there are further share offerings designed to increase fans' financial ownership of the club then I'd back that too. I'm backing the ambition to get the most successful football team on the pitch playing at the very highest level as fast as possible and with Ibrox well maintained / improved and with the club's finances in top nick and run to the highest standards. These days that will take a lot of money. We've made a great start. Charles deserves a big cheer at the next home game as a mark of respect for the work he and the Board have done in a very short space of time.

Excuse my ignorance, but if someone buys shares does the money go directly to the club or does it go to someone who has offered to sell their shares and then the remainder goes to the club?

Is Boss here to explain all this to me?!

You will be buying shares from someone who bought into the share issue and is then selling shares in the club. You will still own a proper part of the club.

It would be interesting to hear Fury's take on this development.

Is this money that the RST came into possession of after 1pm yesterday or could they have ploughed it into the IPO as Fury was insisting was the plan,

Surely they wouldn't have sat on that money and used it after the close of the IPO as that has now gone to someone outwith the club.

Tell me I am getting this right.

Although you would not have given your hard earned to Rangers.

Someone else did though.

5.2m invested by fans. More fans want to buy on the open market.

And when you buy the shares you have inherited that initial gesture.

That and owning some of the club, in your own name? Thats what its all about.