why we should have a b side.

marka1979

With the emergence of youth players breaking through, ive been really impressed and feel with all this league reconstruction going on we should have a b side in the lower leagues to keep up the development of players coming through. Whats your thoughts on this.

You can guarantee the B games vs 'them' would interest SKY and ESPN. Would be interesting to see how many 1st team players would play in those games aswell. Would be well attended too.

Thats a good point, i didnt think of cup games. i dont know if we would be allowed to play in the cups.

Without doubt a good idea to have a B team in the lower leagues, this league has been the making of our young lads.

The standard is higher than I expected and its a great learning curve teaches the lads to be cute or they'll get destroyed whereas an U17,U19 and U21 can still be a bit lightweight

Thats a good point, i didnt think of cup games. i dont know if we would be allowed to play in the cups.

I don't think cup games happen with B sides in other countries and couldn't work. Imagine it was Rangers A vs Rangers B? The Ramsdens might be a possibility though but I doubt it.

Was mentioned in the SFL reconstruction plans but I don't think there's that much desire for them overall. Would benefit us re Youth development and benefit the lower league teams playing higher profile players.

it seemed like a great idea and I can't understand why clubs objected to it.

what were their concerns ?...... (as the experts say on pawn stars)

I don't think cup games happen with B sides in other countries and couldn't work. Imagine it was Rangers A vs Rangers B? The Ramsdens might be a possibility though but I doubt it.

I'm pretty sure this does happen in other countries.

What I don't understand is how it would work from a squad perspective. Does moving from the Rangers to Rangers B squad during a season count as a transfer? Would need to research more in Portuguese/German/Spanish leagues about this.

it seemed like a great idea and I can't understand why clubs objected to it.

what were their concerns ?...... (as the experts say on pawn stars)

Dunno mate. Like I said my opinion is its a win-win. But when SFL mentioned it no one was really interested. :huh:

I'm pretty sure this does happen in other countries.

What I don't understand is how it would work from a squad perspective. Does moving from the Rangers to Rangers B squad during a season count as a transfer? Would need to research more in Portuguese/German/Spanish leagues about this.

I just checked Barcelona B results for the past year and it's all been division 2 games apart from 3 friendlies.

I just checked Barcelona B results for the past year and it's all been division 2 games apart from 3 friendlies.

I've jsut checked Taça da Liga (Portugal) and DFB Pokal (Germany) and it looks like you were right. No B teams allowed in.

I'm sure I saw it somewhere! <cr>

I've jsut checked Taça da Liga (Portugal) and DFB Pokal (Germany) and it looks like you were right. No B teams allowed in.

I'm sure I saw it somewhere! <cr>

Rapid vienna played against their B team in the Austrian cup about a week or 2 before Jelavic signed for us!

Their B side are called Rapid Vienna Amatuers! A lot of the sides in Austria and Germany have B teams with amatuer in there name rather than "B"

Rapid vienna played against their B team in the Austrian cup about a week or 2 before Jelavic signed for us!

Their B side are called Rapid Vienna Amatuers! A lot of the sides in Austria and Germany have B teams with amatuer in there name rather than "B"

Excellent trivia Sir!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_Austrian_Cup (look at 14 August 2010)

It would be a strange game to be involved in I would imagine

Well you would think the B team would be busting a gut to show the boss they deserve to be in the first team. First team would do all they can to avoid an embarrassing defeat. I think it would be a tasty game!