Why not sing a standard

JamieG54

Hullo! Hullo!

We are the Rangers boys

Hullo Hullo

Youll know us by our noise

We'll do anything to see our team at Ibrox or away (unless boycotted)

For we are the Glasgow Rangers boys

Total pish

And that's me understating it to be honest

Hullo! Hullo!

We are the Rangers boys

Hullo Hullo

Youll know us by our noise

We'll do anything to see our team at Ibrox or away (unless boycotted)

For we are the Glasgow Rangers boys

-Thats the words used on one of the previous "Official Club CD"

So if its a club approved version theres no comeback is there?

Funny how people are calling it a shit suggestion when it's the proper words to the song

Whys that funny? Just because the club made up they words everyone should like it? It's been the Rangers fans words for years (TBB) if you don't want to sing it don't.

if you do then sing it.

It's simple. Never in my life have i heard so much shite all about one song just because certain people don't like it.

The word used for them is bigots. GIRUT!

It will never be the same as the original version and it's not wise to sing that.

Time to put this to bed.

I really couldn't disagree more mate. We should not put this to bed. The offending line, by the way, was never the most vociferous part of the song, "Hullo, Hullo we are the Billy boys" however was. It bellowed like no other. It can be easily changed, retaining the full effectivness as the original.

Whys that funny? Just because the club made up they words everyone should like it? It's been the Rangers fans words for years (TBB) if you don't want to sing it don't.

if you do then sing it.

It's simple. Never in my life have i heard so much shite all about one song just because certain people don't like it.

The word used for them is bigots. GIRUT!

So you want to keep singing it even though UEFA fined us and warned the stadium could shut for European games? Walter at the time asked fans to stop singing it. But you want to sing it and damage the club furthermore?? Are you that thick?

I really couldn't disagree more mate. We should not put this to bed. The offending line, by the way, was never the most vociferous part of the song, "Hullo, Hullo we are the Billy boys" however was. It bellowed like no other. It can be easily changed, retaining the full effectivness as the original.

I think the time has come and gone for that,should have been done back then.

If the club backed a version I would be all for it but with the risks involved I couldn't see them going for it.

I think most are honest enough to admit they may sing the banned version,even in error.

So you want to keep singing it even though UEFA fined us and warned the stadium could shut for European games? Walter at the time asked fans to stop singing it. But you want to sing it and damage the club furthermore?? Are you that thick?

Are you thick? We're not in Europe for at least another 3 seasons. The song is not offensive so shut the fuck up and stop shiteing yourself from beasts who kid on there offended by it.

Are you thick? We're not in Europe for at least another 3 seasons. The song is not offensive so shut the fuck up and stop shiteing yourself from beasts who kid on there offended by it.

Jamie does have point. Just because we are in the third, does not mean UEFA are not watching like hawks. I want the song to live, i grew up with it, but we have to be very careful. UEFA will screw us if they can.

Also try to remember that we are all bears, and we all desire what is best for the Rangers. Quit the coarse language, it is very Taigish and certainly not British.

So you will sing it till were in Europe? People like you are the reason the clubs ''fans'' receive bad reputation. The spl and sfa to into account offensive singing just like they are doing with celtic at Dundee with the ira song add ons. Uefa was an example I used. Your not very clever are you. If you want Rangers to succeed in all areas then you won't sing it. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work that out.

So you will sing it till were in Europe? People like you are the reason the clubs ''fans'' receive bad reputation. The spl and sfa take into account offensive singing just like they are doing with celtic at Dundee with the ira song add ons. Uefa was an example I used. Your not very clever are you. If you want Rangers to succeed in all areas then you won't sing it. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work that out.