Merging of SPL and SFL

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What will this all mean for us and Charles Green?

it would mean one season hopefully in a 3rd division of 18 teams, then following season in theory half way through we could be playing-off v. bottom 4 spl teams for 4 promotion places to spl the next season. Slightly easier route to spl perhaps unless i'm being dense

I cant see it getting the required sfl club votes, whats in it for the bottom 18?

And? It doesn't matter what they call it. It's still going to be the same people running it. Still the same old teams etc.

CG said there would have to be changes to the running of the game away from the current set-up. He didn't expand on it, as far as I know, and there are no details to this proposal in terms of who will run the game.

Did you think that they were going to change the names of the SPL teams? :)

CG said there would have to be changes to the running of the game away from the current set-up. He didn't expand on it, as far as I know, and there are no details to this proposal in terms of who will run the game.

Did you think that they were going to change the names of the SPL teams? :)

No, But it doesn't matter what they call the league the people who are running it at the moment will still be there.

The change is being rushed through to incorporate Rangers in the single league body By next season (but in the bottom league). The idea is that our TV rights are sold to Sky as part of the package when the new deal is brokered for next season.

If they failed to move to one body by next season Rangers could refuse the SPL rights to sell our games to Sky which would result in a pathetic deal or no deal at all. In other words 3 or 4 teams could end up in admin.

As usual we are the mercy of the rest of Scottish football. Our pulling power is being used and we gain little from it. Your move Charlie, make it a good one.

Jimbo Traynor is against the new set up, so that tells me our club is going against it too. So we need the support of other clubs to oppose it, so what are they waiting for get contacting the SFL chairmen.

Let's bin these proposals.

What is in it for the SPL clubs.Their league is dying on its arse so they will revive iit by going from 12 clubs to eh 12 clubs.They are also losing money hand over fist so they will now cut their income by increasing payments to the SFL,My first reaction is this is a pile of pish and my second this is a pile of pish

Both plans are just plain stupid, there hasn't been enough proper thinking or consultation going into this it's just being rushed through as sponsorship ends at the end of the current season, in the long term, there just setting themselves up for another problem. This restructuring doesn't solve any of the problems we have in Scottish Football, it just ignores them.

The change is being rushed through to incorporate Rangers in the single league body By next season (but in the bottom league). The idea is that our TV rights are sold to Sky as part of the package when the new deal is brokered for next season.

If they failed to move to one body by next season Rangers could refuse the SPL rights to sell our games to Sky which would result in a pathetic deal or no deal at all. In other words 3 or 4 teams could end up in admin.

As usual we are the mercy of the rest of Scottish football. Our pulling power is being used and we gain little from it. Your move Charlie, make it a good one.

(tu) thats it in a nutshell

So they want us under their jurisdiction to use our pull to get money for everyone else, but keep us the bottom division? Am I getting this right?

Yes you are. Keeping us at the bottom isn't really part of it that's just a consequence of their mental structure. But yes, they need us under their umbrella.

And? It doesn't matter what they call it. It's still going to be the same people running it. Still the same old teams etc.

Without being funny, despite what happens with reconstruction do you really see all the teams in the SPL at present being replaced by a whole new set of teams by the time we get back to the top tier? Or ever really?