"Rangers will have no voting rights on the new structure.”

RAGING Rangers yesterday claimed they should be at the centre of league reconstruction talks – but they don’t even have a vote on the way forward.

The Light Blues have hit out after Scottish football moved closer to a 12-12-18 set-up next term following five hours of talks between the game’s governing bodies at Hampden.

Representatives of the SPL and SFL agreed in principle at the meeting, hosted by the SFA, to merge under a new league set-up with a fairer redistribution of finances.

Nine representatives from the SFL and six from the SPL were at the talks but Rangers weren’t asked to contribute.

An Ibrox spokesman last night said: “It seems odd to us that, as the biggest club in Scotland, we were not invited to the meeting.

“Like many people, we believe that change should not be rushed through for the sake of it.”

Charles Green’s Rangers were only granted entry to the SFL last summer following their meltdown – on condition they start in Division Three as associate members.

They are therefore excluded from voting for four seasons and will not be polled when SFL clubs go to the ballot on reconstruction at an egm, most likely next month.

The SFL needs 22 of its 29 members with full voting rights to go with the change and clubs will pore over details of yesterday’s talks before the egm is called.

A Scottish League spokesman said: “As an associate member, Rangers will have no voting rights on the new structure.”

One SFL insider said: “It’s a bit cheeky of Rangers to ask to be involved in talks when they don’t even have a vote.

“The league was well represented at the talks by the SFL board. Details will be digested but it’s unlikely the proposals will be rejected once an egm is called.”

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is this plan different from Austrias? And Why do they think it's going to work in Scottish football.

Doncaster used an example of Hibs v Dunfermline and how 15 thousand fans turned up. Thats his example of how it's going to work. :lol:

That game was massive for the 2 more or less a winner stays up type game! That's like saying look at killie V Rangers the season before it was full :lol:

What happens to the teams in 7th and 8th who say are 12 points adrift of 6th and 21points outside of the european spots? Who the fuck will turn up to watch a team with absolutley nothing to play for?

If it goes through we should just resign from the leagues and apply for membership with the English FA. We're in the bottom league in Scotland just now anyway, so what does it matter starting from the bottom in England aswell?

I assume the 29 with voting rights will be in the majority 1st Division clubs who will have the most to gain with this "hideous" league restructure. 12-12-18 it is then and the death of Scottish Football.

The 29 with voting rights is every club in the SFL (10 clubs in each of divisions 1, 2, 3) - all except Rangers.

If it goes through we should just resign from the leagues and apply for membership with the English FA. We're in the bottom league in Scotland just now anyway, so what does it matter starting from the bottom in England aswell?

Let's hope we're already working on that!

And where do we play if the English League refuse to accept us.

exactly this, resign our memberhip, then all we are is a massive football club with an average of around 50,000 home gates, one of the best travelling away support in europe and millions worldwide, looking for a league. they would be mad down south to not let us pump money into their lower leagues.

We won't be without a vote for too long and then we can flex our muscles when we are back in the top flight. In the meantime RFC should be (and probably is already) winning "hearts and minds" with the smaller SFL clubs and in time, the bigger clubs who are under the heel of the anti-Rangers cabal. Change can happen again and as has been seen recently, it can happen almost immediately.

England won take Rangers or any other Scottish team. I'm getting sick of the whole fucking lot of it.

One of the biggest clubs in the world, the biggest and most successful by a mile in this poxy country and we're not even getting allowed to vote on Scottish football something that's going to effect Rangers.

And what is there excuse for not giving us a vote? Because we went into admin and got put down into division 3?

Dundee have been in admin 3 times Mother well have been in twice and Heats don't even pay there players or staff.

Why are these cunts getting away with this.

...My take on this is..it,ll be a couple of years till we get back to the top league and seeing as we dont have a vote we cant be accused as being part of this gangfuck of a restructure, so for me we just play our football,develop our side and explore our marketing oppertunities and let the gullible fools running the game at this time self destruct....as a fan its like watching a car crash in slow motion,we can see whats happening but theres nothing we can do about it....only worry i have is these sides outwith the spl will be expecting more dosh which the spl dont have,my worry is that instead of stripping our titles they hit us with a big fine,and by big i mean several million..imo..this as we know has never been about "sporting integrity" ..its all about money.

Why would the English league refuse us? We're not asking to go into the Championship or the Premiership or anything. We're asking to start from the bottom. They couldn't possibly refuse that. Imagine the media coverage with Rangers in the Blue Square leagues, Rangers in League Two, Rangers in league One etc.

I dont understand why they wouldn't except us, the "old firm" is dead, we are our own club now, why would they not want a huge institution joining, we are far bigger than cardiff or swansea, let scotland rot in the gutters..

I really don't see how, in a country like Scotland the biggest club is left completely from the discussions, its fucking pathetic. I'm starting to really get pissed off with Scottish football. Will people remember that outside us the taigs and Aberdeen the last time the rest had a say they nearly killed scottish football with chasing a few extra sheckles with setanta

We won't be without a vote for too long and then we can flex our muscles when we are back in the top flight. In the meantime RFC should be (and probably is already) winning "hearts and minds" with the smaller SFL clubs and in time, the bigger clubs who are under the heel of the anti-Rangers cabal. Change can happen again and as has been seen recently, it can happen almost immediately.

Fuck the other SFL clubs i couldn't give two fuck about any of these cunts. They are no better than any other Scottish club.

Isn't it three seasons?

No way I'm prepared to let those fucks shaft us and milk us for 3 seasons. No way!

England won take Rangers or any other Scottish team. I'm getting sick of the whole fucking lot of it.

One of the biggest clubs in the world, the biggest and most successful by a mile in this poxy country and we're not even getting allowed to vote on Scottish football something that's going to effect Rangers.

And what is there excuse for not giving us a vote? Because we went into admin and got put down into division 3?

Dundee have been in admin 3 times Mother well have been in twice and Heats don't even pay there players or staff.

Why are these cunts getting away with this.

See my previous post.

Why would the English league refuse us? We're not asking to go into the Championship or the Premiership or anything. We're asking to start from the bottom. They couldn't possibly refuse that. Imagine the media coverage with Rangers in the Blue Square leagues, Rangers in League Two, Rangers in league One etc.

And what about the other teams already at the bottom? Do the English league make that league bigger just for us or do these teams just dissapear?

This is how it's not going to happen.