Scudemore, Your not wanted here.

Uncle Fester

is no apettite amongst league clubs in England to entertain Rangers in the EPL. The only way to achieve this would be for CG to acquire a team in England and work through the leagues that way, it would not, however, be as Rangers in the form it is now (member club of the SFA).

After what happened with MK Dons I doubt this could be done. They've taken steps to make sure things like that never happen again. Anyway, if we did by a club down south it's not a simple case of renaming that Club Rangers. Ibrox is in Scotland and they wouldn't let a club based in Scotland play in England so your back to square one.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The english rules mean fuck all they are stopping us from operating as a buisness in freedom of movement within europe to which we choose to go to england and apply to div 2 if the chairmen of that division voted that they wanted us no one could stop us this WILL end up in court

And then UEFA would prevent us from playing in any of their competitions as the challenge would be against the FA!! Court action gets you nowhere in football and Rangers should be building relationships outside Scotland not being seen to try and 'bully' their way in. The vote would only get us in to League 2 (in your scenario), what happens if the chairmen in The Championship refuse to vote us in to their league??

And then UEFA would prevent us from playing in any of their competitions as the challenge would be against the FA!! Court action gets you nowhere in football and Rangers should be building relationships outside Scotland not being seen to try and 'bully' their way in. The vote would only get us in to League 2 (in your scenario), what happens if the chairmen in The Championship refuse to vote us in to their league??

if they refuse us they have still applied the law of the land as they should we are entitled to have that vote UEFA think they are above the law

After what happened with MK Dons I doubt this could be done. They've taken steps to make sure things like that never happen again. Anyway, if we did by a club down south it's not a simple case of renaming that Club Rangers. Ibrox is in Scotland and they wouldn't let a club based in Scotland play in England so your back to square one.

It would not, however, be as Rangers in the form it is now (member club of the SFA).

Thats exactly why I put this caveat in. I hadn't even mentioned the location issue as its a non-starter.

They haven't really taken steps at all to stop the MK Dons thing happening again, the steps were already in place its just no one (other than the fans) raised an objection. At the time (having spoken to Pete Winkleman) there was no real option as Merton council didn't want the club in its traditional home. AFC Wimbledon still play outside the borough and its going to take some effort to return to its roots.

There is an agreement between The FA and SFA which FIFA would uphold that prevents them taking member clubs from each other. The Welsh situation is entirely different and stems from the Welsh not having a league structure when these clubs were admitted into the English system. Its not been easy for the Welsh clubs, if you have a look at Newport County you'll see how hard it was for them to retain their place in the English system!

Richard Scudamore is doing no more than reiterating what the situation is speaking on behalf of EPL member clubs. There is no apettite amongst league clubs in England to entertain Rangers in the EPL. The only way to achieve this would be for CG to acquire a team in England and work through the leagues that way, it would not, however, be as Rangers in the form it is now (member club of the SFA).

There will be no court case as there are no grounds for such a case even the sex discrimination route proposed is pretty much a non-starter. The big clubs may, eventually, break away to form a European league but thats in the future. Whilst the attraction is obvious a move to the EPL, or EFL, is not going to happen in the future unless there is a volte face by English clubs.

How co,e we took Gretna then?

if they refuse us they have still applied the law of the land as they should we are entitled to have that vote UEFA think they are above the law

Being based in Switzerland UEFA are above the law when it comes to their competitions! Do you think the FA would go against UEFA and riskmthe national team being banned from competition. There is also the point that there would be no European football to strive for and, while the fans would stay the investors wouldn't so we stay as we are.

What your saying is keep quite or the mafia will get us. Fuck EUFA and the FA they are only getting away with all this shite because no one has yet challenged them...Oh fuck Bosman remember him? The reason all that happened was the player was being so unbelievably badly treated by his club he had nothing left to lose as they had totally fucked his career. It's my opinion that Rangers could potentially spark a revolution in British and European. :2gunsfiring_v1:

Being based in Switzerland UEFA are above the law when it comes to their competitions! Do you think the FA would go against UEFA and riskmthe national team being banned from competition. There is also the point that there would be no European football to strive for and, while the fans would stay the investors wouldn't so we stay as we are.

Uefa are allowing the ukrainians and Russians to form a super league. Rangers IMO won't go to England but will be playing outside Scotland in 5~10 years

yes UEFA also thought that they were above the law when it came to bosman i understand what you are saying but i belive that if this was challenged in court this could change football throughout europe

We wont be taking anyone to court.

hypothetical I know - but say the english voted us in at div2 (their 4 th tier), but Eufa tried to block it, don t you think CG would just take it to Brussells and let the European court decide? every company in the EU has the right to ply their trade anywhere within it - its written into the consitution. CG would win hands down - there shouldn't even be a debate about the fact whether we would win or not.

EUFA can put rules in the way, they can set up obsticles and frown upon any club doing it by imposing punishment on the club or even the league they are entering, because thats in their remit to do- but they themselves cant stop a company selling its wares in another country.

They played in england

In the non-league set up. I'm fully aware of that! Gretna chose to move back to Scotland (as some Welsh clubs did to Wales). Its not in any way the same situation as we are looking at here.

Please don't think I'm against the idea in any way at all I just think that it needs to be done in the right climate and with support from the clubs receiving us!

Hpothe

hypothetical I know - but say the english voted us in at div2 (their 4 th tier), but Eufa tried to block it, don t you think CG would just take it to Brussells and let the Eurpoean court decide? every company in the EU has the right to ply their trade anywhere within it - its written into the consitution. CG would win hands down - there shouldn't even be a debate about the fact whether we would win or not.

EUFA can put rules in the way, they can set up obsticles and frown upon any club doing it by imposing punishment on the club or even the league they are entering, because thats in their remit to do- but they themselves cant stop a company selling its wares in another country.

exactly (tu)

Once again the mouthpiece for the Premier League has attempted to kill the debate about whether Rangers or "any other" Scottish team would be permitted to join their league, stating the rules allow Welsh but not Scottish!!...See you in court Rick.

ENGLISH Premier League chief Richard Scudamore has sounded a death knell for the Old Firm’s dreams of playing down south.

Despite Rangers supremo Charles Green starting the debate again last week, Scudamore says English rules will prevent any move.

He said: “It’s my fourteenth year of answering this question. The answer is still ‘no’.

“Our rules say it’s only clubs from England and Wales that can play here and I don’t see that ever changing. Quite a lot of clubs in the world would like to play in the English Premier League.

“There have been clubs from other European leagues as well as the Scots who have approached us.

“It’s all very flattering but it’s not simply going to happen.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co...l#ixzz2Hwnpoqza

Sorry forgot the link :rolleyes:

On what basis could you take him to court?

I agree with most of that Big Al but, if Scudemore announced next week that the door was open, how irrelevant would he be then?

Fair enough, doesn't change the fact straight into the EPL is never ever going to be the route, is it? So if the door was "open" what would that actually mean?

The other obvious point is that currently neither Scotland nor Wales are fully independent countries (nor is England) as we are all part of the UK, Great Britain, the Union.

While the English leagues don't need us and some of them will be worried about crowd trouble the fact remains that our attendances are around 45,000 and the lowest EPL teams are below 20,000 so we do bring something major to the table. We are also willing to start below the top league which must be in our favour.

At present the Scottish game and press are poisoned by their hate for Rangers so while it's a big jump to consider playing elsewhere I would welcome some fresh air where we are not plagued by sectarianism and hatred.

In the non-league set up. I'm fully aware of that! Gretna chose to move back to Scotland (as some Welsh clubs did to Wales). Its not in any way the same situation as we are looking at here.

Please don't think I'm against the idea in any way at all I just think that it needs to be done in the right climate and with support from the clubs receiving us!

I assumed Rangers where looking to go down the English leagues, I've seen no statements from anyone say we should go into the EPL.

Even the lower league clubs in england are members of the fa so is it only big teams this agreement is with?

Uefa are allowing the ukrainians and Russians to form a super league. Rangers IMO won't go to England but will be playing outside Scotland in 5~10 years

I wouldn't necessarily disagree with this at all. My point is that we can talk about court action all we like but UEFA runs the competitions we really want to be in. No court will dictate to an organisation who it can and cannot accept. Bosman was about an over arching European Law, there is no law compelling an organisation to allow entry to its own competitions. Look at Sion and see how far they got in their own (and UEFAs) home. If UEFA don't want us in their competition we can't make them take us!