Scudemore, Your not wanted here.

Uncle Fester

hypothetical I know - but say the english voted us in at div2 (their 4 th tier), but Eufa tried to block it, don t you think CG would just take it to Brussells and let the European court decide? every company in the EU has the right to ply their trade anywhere within it - its written into the consitution. CG would win hands down - there shouldn't even be a debate about the fact whether we would win or not.

EUFA can put rules in the way, they can set up obsticles and frown upon any club doing it by imposing punishment on the club or even the league they are entering, because thats in their remit to do- but they themselves cant stop a company selling its wares in another country.

Can EUFA put rules in the way or impose fines? Would that not constitute a breach of the freedom to trade?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I assumed Rangers where looking to go down the English leagues, I've seen no statements from anyone say we should go into the EPL.

Even the lower league clubs in england are members of the fa so is it only big teams this agreement is with?

The majority of Championship and League One clubs have been against our participation. I didn't mention the EPL at all. The 'agreement' is with the FA. The clubs have much less say in that than you may think. County associations are still pretty strong (something that the FA and clubs are trying to change). The FA doesn't work in the same way as the SFA, it may be where the issue seems simpler than it really is.

Can EUFA put rules in the way or impose fines? Would that not constitute a breach of the freedom to trade?

UEFA are based in Switzerland and can do as they wish as far as fines and rules etc are concerned. They are not compelled to allow a club into their competitions. You remember the ban on English clubs?? You think that the big clubs wouldn't have explored their options??

The majority of Championship and League One clubs have been against our participation. I didn't mention the EPL at all. The 'agreement' is with the FA. The clubs have much less say in that than you may think. County associations are still pretty strong (something that the FA and clubs are trying to change). The FA doesn't work in the same way as the SFA, it may be where the issue seems simpler than it really is.

We never hear the question, but we all know it is not the question we as a support would ask imho. I think it would be immoral not to work our way through the leagues and much as I would never try to second guess our support Id'e bet my house we would go with the long honorable road,

I never meant you mentioning the EPL, I meant the media running to the EPL guy despite us or the taigs not mentioning going there

Far better to leave the English leagues as it's a non-starter, they won't give up the golden goose for us. Much more realistic to watch what happens overseas with the Beneliga and Russian development as we have more chance of being invited than gate crashing their party. New league, new rules, new setup would make joining easier from Uefa point of view and the other clubs playing from the same song sheet.

Far better to leave the English leagues as it's a non-starter, they won't give up the golden goose for us. Much more realistic to watch what happens overseas with the Beneliga and Russian development as we have more chance of being invited than gate crashing their party. New league, new rules, new setup would make joining easier from Uefa point of view and the other clubs playing from the same song sheet.

I've got to agree with you here. It will be a European set up we are involved in. England won't happen at all.

They have already spoke of trying to do deals with the airline companies to try and make it is affordable as possible for visiting fans

Scudamore is chairman of the Premiership.

He has no jurisdiction over the Football League.

The chairman of the Football League said in an interview there would be nothing stopping us making application to the football league (which woudl go to a vote) - other than holding membership elsewhere (we would have to gamble and resign from scottish football).

What would Skiddamore's plan be if we won promotion through the leagues to the EPL? Sorry... you can't come in because you're not English or Welsh... ?

I've got to agree with you here. It will be a European set up we are involved in. England won't happen at all.

They have already spoke of trying to do deals with the airline companies to try and make it is affordable as possible for visiting fans

Much easier to control 3000 fans with passports than 20000 with carry-outs. :rolleyes:

Scudamore is chairman of the Premiership.

He has no jurisdiction over the Football League.

The chairman of the Football League said in an interview there would be nothing stopping us making application to the football league (which woudl go to a vote) - other than holding membership elsewhere (we would have to gamble and resign from scottish football).

What would Skiddamore's plan be if we won promotion through the leagues to the EPL? Sorry... you can't come in because you're not English or Welsh... ?

and if it got to that stage he wouldn't bat an eyelid.

I'd suggest that away fans in a Euro League would be few and far between, indeed I suspect the authorities would discourage fans from traveling regularly.

You may even get situations where the club stays abroad to play a series of matches in difficult locations, i.e. Russia.

If we were offered to start in League 2 we'd bite their hand off for it nevermind the EPL or Championship. Fact is we'd be very lucky to be offered that. Unfortunately we're stuck in the backwaters of Scottish football for the foreseeable future.

People have been saying that for the last decade and SKY have never said that they wanted the old firm in England.

With the current drop in SPL viewing figures, it might only be a matter of time before SKY start to think about it mate.